Home

NCAA Football 09 Official First Look: NCAA Strategies

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 Official First Look: NCAA Strategies within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2008, 12:19 PM   #89
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: NCAA Football 09 Official First Look: NCAA Strategies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey_Rebby
It'll be interesting if the tone of the review changes next week. Something is up. "A gap in communication?" Pasta Padre and NCAA Strategies have been saying all week they were going to post their impressions after the event. They do, people read it and get disappointed, and then all of the sudden they have to take them down.

Memo to EA Sports - if you made the game your core customers wanted you wouldn't have to worry about negative reviews/comments.
Shocker. EA realizes there didn't do jack about the most glaring issues with the game and a Community Day participant reports on it so there is a "gap in communication". What a joke. Here's a tip EA; fix the issues and we won't have much to be disappointed about.

Here's the real "gap in communication": We recommend/beg for improvements regarding glaring gameplay issues and EA chooses to ignore us. EA should just make the arcade version where there are 9 INTs, 3 pick-sixes, 7 fumbles, 11 "jump the snap" sacks and 125 point shootout games on 5 minute quarters on the Wii and leave the real football on the PS3 and 360.

Last edited by J-Unit40; 04-25-2008 at 12:27 PM.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:42 PM   #90
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Yeah, no suprise... the info is not well received so it is squashed. Next week when it is re-released, the info will have a more positive tone - guaranteed!
Old 04-25-2008, 12:49 PM   #91
Pro

JBucc's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
You guys have the number of games wrong. Remember there are 2 teams in every game so you need to divide by 2 to get a near accurate total number of games. The number won't be perfectly accurate because some teams played one or two games against FCS teams.
Good point I didn't realize that. That makes it about 1 int returned for a TD every 5 games.
Honestly if EA could just get it down to one every 2-3 games that would be good acceptable for me. 1-2 a game is just laughable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2008, 01:43 PM   #92
Banned

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
NCAA Strategies have just posted their first look at NCAA Football 09.
Quick question, who runs that site now?

Sincerely,
Noles Fan in MA
Old 04-25-2008, 03:31 PM   #93
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
Shocker. EA realizes there didn't do jack about the most glaring issues with the game and a Community Day participant reports on it so there is a "gap in communication". What a joke. Here's a tip EA; fix the issues and we won't have much to be disappointed about.

Here's the real "gap in communication": We recommend/beg for improvements regarding glaring gameplay issues and EA chooses to ignore us. EA should just make the arcade version where there are 9 INTs, 3 pick-sixes, 7 fumbles, 11 "jump the snap" sacks and 125 point shootout games on 5 minute quarters on the Wii and leave the real football on the PS3 and 360.
It is official EA is a joke. EA's pr machine must have piss their pants when they read those hand on impressions. The game is the same broken game as last year. We been through the same dog and pony show and know the song and dance.

EA knew the problems and didn't/couldn't fix the problems. I guess EA will show more stadium
pictures.
Old 04-25-2008, 03:37 PM   #94
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
It is official EA is a joke. EA's pr machine must have piss their pants when they read those hand on impressions. The game is the same broken game as last year. We been through the same dog and pony show and know the song and dance.

EA knew the problems and didn't/couldn't fix the problems. I guess EA will show more stadium
pictures.

Whether you believe it or not pasta posted on this and said:

"Just to be clear it had nothing to do with the content we posted. There is an embargo of May 2nd that was supposed to have been communicated to us but for whatever reason wasn't. The media sites that attended have the same embargo. However it is possible that some places have exclusives during the next week which is what the embargo would be protecting."

Still seems a tad fishy to me though
Old 04-25-2008, 03:42 PM   #95
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan

"Just to be clear it had nothing to do with the content we posted. There is an embargo of May 2nd that was supposed to have been communicated to us but for whatever reason wasn't. The media sites that attended have the same embargo. However it is possible that some places have exclusives during the next week which is what the embargo would be protecting."

Hahahaha - I will give the guys credit for writing an pretty unbiased review. Then what happens? EA shuts em down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2008, 03:44 PM   #96
I smell sulfur...

Kodii Rockets's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan

Yeah, I agree, I'm calling straight garbage on this one...

Follow this link to view 10 Yard Fight on Operation Sports >>10YF on OS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »