Home

Madden 09 Gillette Stadium Trailer: GameTrailers

This is a discussion on Madden 09 Gillette Stadium Trailer: GameTrailers within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2008, 02:33 AM   #113
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Madden 09 Gillette Stadium Trailer: GameTrailers

What i immediately noticed (aside from the obvious improvements) is the ability to call up the replays very quickly. I love watching the replays after 90% of my plays and it was always a chore going into the menu and calling up the replay. I know it is a little thing but i like to see that stuff added.

This is a big one for me, too. I'm hoping they put in a Replay Frequency slider, like 2K5 had...that's right...2K friggin' 5!!
  • Replay analysis would be good a la 2K8
  • Replays of some penalties and injuries a la 2K8-not just huge plays.
  • I actually liked the player intro's from last year, now they're gone-simple coin flip. How 'bout captains at midfield? What the heck?
  • The camera flashes are nice and all, but if they took time away from a more critical component to work on those, that would bite (similar to them actually spending time on the Ring thing last year when there were so many other things missing from the game or half-assed)
  • I thought the gameplay looked pretty smooth-didn't see any "fire in the hole-grenade" tackle animations. That was a dealbreaker for me last year.
  • It's a step foward with Presentation, but I need to see a whole lot more to call it successful Presentation, what with all the resources EA has at their fingertips-EXCLUSIVELY! ZERO excuses to not have a halftime show, postgame show, weekly show, post season awards feature, pre-draft show, post draft analysis show...you get the picture. THAT'S Presentation! And these would not be redundant due to the variety of each.
  • It's be nice if a helmet flew off every now and then in current gen, too. Ya know, for old times sake.
I'm interested, but like many others now, will NOT buy this game until I read reviews on here from sim guys calling 09 a success. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me 4 times, shame on me!
Old 05-03-2008, 03:21 AM   #114
Banned

OVR: 11

I am not blow away by this video.
Old 05-03-2008, 08:06 AM   #115
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: new madden 09 trailer

yuck worst oline/dline interaction ive ever seen...how the blockers would just stand up and not explode on the running plays...gah

i like the lighting though still not enough to impress me...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2008, 08:21 AM   #116
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by swill43507
I am not blow away by this video.

while I am glad that they did some presentation stuff, all it appears they did was create a new score overlay and add new announcers. the announcers werent in the video so uyou dont know how good they were but its not like I felt like i was watching a tv broadcast with the announcers off. it felt like I was watching madden 08 with a new stat overlay and the radio guy turned off.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:15 AM   #117
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Weren't they meant to be bringing in some ex-CFL guy to revamp the blocking or something?

Good job, ex-CFL guy.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:01 PM   #118
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by edubbs
I just hope that each team plays different this year. I want to see the Pats throwing deep to Moss, the Bengals spreading the passes around to different receivers, Romo throwing deep to TO, the Vikings using their 2 back attack etc.

If they can't get the team tendacies right, this game will get boring real quick. I want every game played in season mode to be different. Madden has all of the team's playbooks, now they need to find a way to get the AI to mimic the tendacies of the teams IRL.
+1. If every team plays like the west coast offense, then what's the point of playing different teams?
Old 05-03-2008, 02:01 PM   #119
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
+1. If every team plays like the west coast offense, then what's the point of playing different teams?
I agree 100%.

The AI and the team tendacies were HORRIBLE in 08.

Like you said EVERY team in the game ran the same exact offense, it was ridiculously BORING playing against the CPU because of this.

I really hope they spent some time on the team tendacies this year.
Old 05-03-2008, 02:08 PM   #120
MVP

WDOgF0reL1fe's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetaa6
What i immediately noticed (aside from the obvious improvements) is the ability to call up the replays very quickly. I love watching the replays after 90% of my plays and it was always a chore going into the menu and calling up the replay. I know it is a little thing but i like to see that stuff added.

This is a big one for me, too. I'm hoping they put in a Replay Frequency slider, like 2K5 had...that's right...2K friggin' 5!!
  • I actually liked the player intro's from last year, now they're gone-simple coin flip. How 'bout captains at midfield? What the heck?
I'm interested, but like many others now, will NOT buy this game until I read reviews on here from sim guys calling 09 a success. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me 4 times, shame on me!
Actually. if you look closely at the video you can see the big helmets at the corner of the stadium. Im thinking either A) they skipped the intros, or B) they aren't quite ready to be showed yet.

Follow me on Twitter yeah.
@WillSoistman
Dibs: Jennifer Aniston

"Success isn't earned, it's leased. Rent is due every damn day.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »