Home

Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 Vs. FIFA 09 Duel at 60 FPS Video (Gamersyde)

This is a discussion on Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 Vs. FIFA 09 Duel at 60 FPS Video (Gamersyde) within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2008, 11:33 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 Vs. FIFA 09 Duel at 60 FPS Video (Gamersyde)

Gamersyde has posted a video showing off Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 Vs. FIFA 09.

Quote:
"The Game Convention is almost over on Gamersyde, and I think it's interesting to do a direct comparison of two of the most popular games there: Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 and Fifa 09. So I encoded two full videos at 60 fps so you guys can compare both games with the best quality possible. Be aware that the stream will still run at 30 fps though, so you'll have to download the video (in whatever format you want) to see it running at full speed."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / PC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2008, 11:43 AM   #2
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 Vs. FIFA 09 Duel at 60 FPS Video (Gamersyde)

I'll be brutally honest.

for some reason. PES looks very much like the old winning elevens on PS2. And thats meant as a compliment. What i mean is that PES was the most tuned and tight playing sports game last gen. It seems like madden 09 that they've gone back and tried to capture what made the last gen so good and just tweak it for modern consoles and thats all. it might actually play a very solid strategic game of soccer this year...

Now...fifa? Hmm still don't like the fact that the lighting is so dim and the movement(while good) isn't impressive off the camera. i'll have to play it in person....
Old 08-25-2008, 12:40 PM   #3
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20

The games both look good! Although I can't say the same for the people in the video playing I thought I was bad.

Hard to tell much from human v human games (note to anyone doing preview vids, at least do human vs cpu, or even better: cpu v cpu).

Both games are definitely showing improvement. At a glance, I'd definitely pick PES right now, however most of my questions on Fifa can't really be answered by that video anyway (CPU AI, shooting controls, super goalies). I won't dismiss Fifa yet though. I usually end up getting both anyway.

Bring on the demos so we can see these games for ourselves!
Old 08-25-2008, 12:52 PM   #4
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba321
I'll be brutally honest.

for some reason. PES looks very much like the old winning elevens on PS2. And thats meant as a compliment. What i mean is that PES was the most tuned and tight playing sports game last gen. It seems like madden 09 that they've gone back and tried to capture what made the last gen so good and just tweak it for modern consoles and thats all. it might actually play a very solid strategic game of soccer this year...

Now...fifa? Hmm still don't like the fact that the lighting is so dim and the movement(while good) isn't impressive off the camera. i'll have to play it in person....
Must have been the video because the night games look MUCH better this year. With regards to the PES video, IDK, it's still looks a little jerky to me. Maybe it's the fact that the players still move in only 8 directions or because the people playing the game were just pinballing all over the place. I think they have absolutely nailed the pace of the ball and ball physics. Those look really good as do the new player models.

I agree with what you're saying Tomba, it does like the PS2 version with a graphical face lift.... and that's a good thing. Throw in full edit mode and the game may be back.

Bad news in the FIFA video. Full game, two total fouls, and no bookings. I'm not ready to panic yet of course, because this was a user vs. user pinball match and I'm almost positive they didn't use the team tactics. An aggressive tactical approach may show different results.

Last edited by therizing02; 08-25-2008 at 01:40 PM.
Old 08-25-2008, 02:01 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 7

PES 2009 looks just like 2008 with a new coat of paint...You can still see slowdown when there are a lot of players on screen and the action looks jerky...Granted the pinball like play is due to the player not being good at the game but still it looks and plays just like PES 2008...Basically no real improvement and ill bet the online play which was an atrocity last year is still not fixed...

FIFA on the other hand has seen some big improvements specifically with the animations...Ball physics, ball control and passing seem to be much improved this year...The only thing PES has over FIFA is the flow of the game...FIFA just does not flow properly in terms of simulation, everything is sped up a notch which gives it an arcade feel...I assume this can be fixed with sliders though...

I'm a long time PES fan, this will be the first time i buy FIFA over PES since '96...PES used to be the premier football simulation but since the leap to next gen its lost its luster...In terms of gameplay PES has a very slight edge over FIFA right now and that's something that probably could be negated with sliders...The improvements we have seen with PES this gen have not been substantial enough specifically in the visuals department...That combined with what KONAMI pulled with PES 2008 they don't deserve my money or any other football fans for that matter until they fix their product and i am not covinced that they have...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2008, 02:21 PM   #6
Banned

steveeee's Arena

OVR: 9

I agree with Tomba...

it really looks like PES 2009 is what PES 2008 should of been.. with great editing and online net code fixed.... PES looks to be back imo

kerosene31... here is videos of human vs computer..

Last edited by steveeee; 08-25-2008 at 02:56 PM.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:44 PM   #7
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50
Okay, I downloaded both in the highest resolutions possible. Graphically, Fifa is head and shoulders above. Fluidity of animations and variation, Fifa. Player postioning, have to give a slight nod to PES. Fifa still clings to a more wide-open style of play. But I have seen vids where it has a more controlled style of short passing. Still, Fifa needs to keep working on that. Now the ball physics on PES blow. Sorry. It's like the ball is rolling on a bed of flypaper. The ball wants to stop way too much. It's like it's pushed out with extreme backspin on it. Fifa might have too much roll against ground friction, but PES is almost like the ball is flat. Shot variation in flight still goes to PES, looks far more varied and true in flight and different release angles.

Both games appear to have strengths and weaknesses. I really don't think the Fifa game will make a mass exodus from PES. Me, I like Fifa. Everything in PES from the front end to the generic franchise to the herky-jerk animations kinda leave me cold. I will have to give props to the little things that PES brings, like the Card being shown from the pulled out camera to zooming in on the ref at the right angle. PES just captures the "feel" of a match better. And the game has always been more immersive having the action never stop. Fifa is gonna give it a real go this year. And I can't wait. I loved 08 and 09 appears to have everything that they improved in EURO packed in and tweaked some more. Now if they could just get real-time free kicks and throw-ins. I'd probably sell every other game I owned. But still PES just might get a purchase to try to remain objective. They've copied enough that Fifa has done right to give it a look......
Old 08-25-2008, 04:12 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 10

They both look good. FIFA 09 is a definite purchase. I'm still leaning towards getting both but a big thing for me with PES is going to be the editing functions. I keep hearing they're improved but haven't seen anything official on the matter.
RIP #21

DC United 2008 US Open Cup Champions

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »