Home

Major League Baskeball 2K9 Features List

This is a discussion on Major League Baskeball 2K9 Features List within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2009, 02:37 PM   #65
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Major League Baskeball 2K9 Features List

Improvement should be the #1 priority of the new development team. If the devs take care of the multitude of issues that plagued last year's title, then we should expect something revolutionary from them in the future. Right now, making a better game of baseball should be their most important focus.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2009, 02:45 PM   #66
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Major League Baskeball 2K9 Features List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I'm just trying to elaborate what they mean, and I'm trying to give examples of what it could mean. I only hope they deliver with the goods while giving us visuals like the Lincecum pic with a smooth framerate and maintain their decent presentation (we still don't know who's in the booth).

I just hope that they do this real time thing well.
Me too. The concept is intriguing and VC certainly has the pedegree to pull it off. It would mean nothing though if the game was crap between the lines. I'm looking forward to seeing this game in action.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:57 PM   #67
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: MLB 2K9 Features List

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau1221
I think I like that there isn't any "big new feature" though..

Maybe (hopefully) that means that they're focusing totally on fixing up the game engine and gameplay... that's really where they need to start... not on any gimicky modes or features...
I completely agree with you! It looks like they focused on getting the game to play and look like a real game by adding all those bells and whistles. I think it will be a very good game. I also hope they really improved on the graphics.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:38 PM   #68
Banned

OVR: 9
An equal amount of blueberries in every muffin...

I mean we need realistic balls/strikes thrown by pitchers that reflect their real world stats.....
Old 01-09-2009, 05:07 PM   #69
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
You must be one of those "*****" types. History aside, on paper, this game's features sound very intriguing.

Strange, I saw it as the exact opposite. I don't think you are interpreting this feature correctly. Allow me to elaborate:
Blzer, all I meant by that comment was that:

Quote:
Anything that happens in a baseball stadium happens in 2K9 in Real Time.
is a lot to live up to. The feature list could have gotten by just fine by just mentioning the stuff that was directly below it (which I already said sounds very cool). Do you really think that's even possible to live up to, that the game will have EVERYTHING you could possibly see during a baseball game? I'm pretty sure we won't see a cloud of bugs, fights in the stands or (God help us) streakers. I'm just using extreme examples there to prove the point, of course, but they all happen. Maybe it could indeed have everything that happens on the field in real-time (which would be awesome enough), but "stadium" includes everything, and that's something that's just not possible.

All I'm saying is that there was no reason to make a catch-all statement like that in the features list, and that it smacks of EA's "It's in the game" slogan. I look forward to the feature, and as always will rent (maybe buy) 2k9 when it comes out.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:20 PM   #70
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Oh man, I apologize. I thought you thought they were trying to tell us that they are basically capturing the similar essence of a baseball game that one would see in real life, and IMO that's not what they mean, but instead they are doing that real time integration where everything loads seamlessly in one world, if that makes sense.

Just make sure you don't take their statement as we'll actually see blades of grass grow if we zoom in close enough for a long period of time. What it means is that it is all one constant stream, as opposed to being split by pitch, or by batter, or by inning, or whatever it may be. We should be able to watch our favorite player enter the dugout and sit down after a home run, they may even run out for the celebration after a walkoff, I don't know. But basically, cut scenes are part of the same game that we're playing, only that we don't control them and they are with different camera angles.

Again, I hope that makes sense.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-09-2009, 05:34 PM   #71
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Oh man, I apologize. I thought you thought they were trying to tell us that they are basically capturing the similar essence of a baseball game that one would see in real life, and IMO that's not what they mean, but instead they are doing that real time integration where everything loads seamlessly in one world, if that makes sense.

Just make sure you don't take their statement as we'll actually see blades of grass grow if we zoom in close enough for a long period of time. What it means is that it is all one constant stream, as opposed to being split by pitch, or by batter, or by inning, or whatever it may be. We should be able to watch our favorite player enter the dugout and sit down after a home run, they may even run out for the celebration after a walkoff, I don't know. But basically, cut scenes are part of the same game that we're playing, only that we don't control them and they are with different camera angles.

Again, I hope that makes sense.
Yeah, I know what you mean and no, I'm not looking for blades of grass or anything. I've never been one to get caught up too much in a baseball game's details anyway (I played HH2004 for several years, after all!). The fact that the other game has so much of them is just the icing on the cake of the great gameplay to me(not without its faults, though). Don't sweat it - just a little misunderstanding.

If this real-time thing lives up to what they're promising, it's a shame that most of it will just be skipped through by a lot of people.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2009, 06:11 PM   #72
Banned

bulls23's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Yeah, I know what you mean and no, I'm not looking for blades of grass or anything. I've never been one to get caught up too much in a baseball game's details anyway (I played HH2004 for several years, after all!). The fact that the other game has so much of them is just the icing on the cake of the great gameplay to me(not without its faults, though). Don't sweat it - just a little misunderstanding.

If this real-time thing lives up to what they're promising, it's a shame that most of it will just be skipped through by a lot of people.
I'm hoping this real time thing extends to real time scoreboards A LA ASB 2005!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »