Home

MLB 09 The Show Preview (Gamespy)

This is a discussion on MLB 09 The Show Preview (Gamespy) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2009, 11:09 PM   #33
MVP

hitstreak13's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: MLB 09 The Show Preview (Gamespy)

MLB 09 the show = Best baseball game ever

Been playing mvp 05 for years, but its now time to move foward (did play 08 alot though). This is All star baseball mixed with the show which im sure gamers have been dreaming for years. The only thing i am anxious to find out is if they have single a teams and/or rookie ball clubs. Either way, it going to be the best game ever

Thanks Sony!
Old 01-24-2009, 07:24 AM   #34
ShowTime!

NAFBUC's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
I'm having a feeling that addicted baseball gamers are going to see a TON of subtle stuff that's been changed, more so than what this previewer saw. Maybe these addicts will see this in, oh, say, FIVE DAYS TIME!!!!
Hey Jim,

Remember getting 'short' in the service and getting down to single digits. It wont be long now!
Old 01-24-2009, 07:29 AM   #35
Brazilian A's Fan

brunnoce's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
Yes. Yes you are, but the jackets got me all excited.
im with u scott..jackets look real cool
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2009, 09:02 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 5

SCEA is doing what's really important for sports-title. They don't add stupid things just for the feature list on the back of the box. Don't fix it, if it's not broken! They tweak here because they know the core of the game is great.

They listen to us, most of us wanted progressive lighting, better AI, more (fielding) Errors, better cpu-outfield routes...list goes on and on.

I have no problem that the gameplay is basically the same, the hitting and pitching mechanics weren't that bad, but I expect them to have the "no walks and only singles" thing fixed.

The little things will be great, we know how great the SCEA-team is on the little details.

Gimme me the game (or at least) the demo, NOW!
Old 01-24-2009, 10:29 AM   #37
Banned

OVR: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAFBUC
Hey Jim,

Remember getting 'short' in the service and getting down to single digits. It wont be long now!
You mean a "short time calendar"?
Old 01-24-2009, 10:34 AM   #38
ShowTime!

NAFBUC's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
You mean a "short time calendar"?
Yep.......
Old 01-24-2009, 10:47 AM   #39
MVP

PhantomPain's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Am I the only one that got excited over them now having 30-40 different faces in the crowd?

Not at all. I love the fact that they aren't just saying "well we have a decent crowd so no need to continue to work on it." No instead they are still adding things to make the game just that more authentic.

Of course I could say that about nearly EVERY new feature they have mentioned so far. That's what's great about SCEA, they don't sit around and do nothing.

Everyone needs to remember something. This is only the 3rd iteration for the ps3. The ps2 had years of work on it and they had it to where they wanted it. They are now getting the ps3 version in line to have everything they need and want. It usually takes 3 years to get something to near completion. Remember MVP? 3rd year was the charm.

My guess is that SCEA are trying to get this game up to the level they feel it should be on a ps3 before making any major changes. Of course they will eventually do something different in hitting, pitching, throwing, fielding, something. But for now they need the game to have most necessary features and fine tune what is already there so they can feel confident moving on to something different.

Also remember there are probably tons of people that never played The Show before the ps3, me included. So if you have been playing the series for years then I can see where the game has a slight staleness to it. Most games can do that to someone over a period of several years. But people that have only been playing since the ps3 was released, well this is still all new. And so to still give old timers "something" new, they still add all kinds of little details. Also has SCEA ever had a game with 40 man rosters, sept call-ups, arbitration, rule 5, etc?

Give it maybe next year's game or the following and I bet there is something innovative they will introduce. For now, enjoy the fine tuning of a GREAT game. They are almost there with it for the most part, come along for the ride.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:20 AM   #40
Banned

OVR: 14

far as i'm concerned the crowd could be cardboard cutout characters, i say put all the cpu power to work on the baseball field.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »