Home

Major League Baseball 2K9 Video: Giants @ D-Backs

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K9 Video: Giants @ D-Backs within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2009, 08:19 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 5
I am seeing an huge number of double plays. I know last year it was a problem that you just couldn't get a ball through. Are you getting some of that? Great news on the pitches, gives more hope. I am still hoping that VC will have it tweaked, but if not at least we can do some work on it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2009, 08:37 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Video: Giants @ D-Backs

Did you listen to me and make this video!? Anyways, great video and game looks great. Although from the other video, it seems like there are a lot of double plays.

I am not the biggest fan of baseball, but is the amount of double plays a good number to what happens in real games, or are they excessive?
Old 02-16-2009, 08:51 PM   #27
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Is anyone else in love with the commentary? Just the first batter alone I heard more things about baseball than any of the crap that I heard last year.

I'm very impressed.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 02-16-2009, 09:12 PM   #28
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

I know what the show is bringing to the table and I'll be all over it like nothing but there's something about this game that is grabbing me. Can't wait to play. Good year to be a baseball fan.......

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 02-16-2009, 09:21 PM   #29
MVP

rock85's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
I know what the show is bringing to the table and I'll be all over it like nothing but there's something about this game that is grabbing me. Can't wait to play. Good year to be a baseball fan.......
Same here Sky. I know what i am getting with the Show(a great baseball game) on the other hand i don't know what i am getting from 2K9, thats why i am here on these forums most of my time, and what i am seeing/hearing i am liking for the most part
Old 02-16-2009, 09:22 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGmoney
Nice lighting in the stadium. So glad to see a called 3rd-strike.
Especially from Chris Young, who'd swing at the rosin bag if you threw it up there.

- Mike Royko
Old 02-16-2009, 10:42 PM   #31
Rookie

Jerpitcher's Arena

OVR: 3

The video definitely looks awesome, but there's just one thing I caught at the very end. Is it just me, or did Thorne call it Bank One Ballpark? Its been Chase field for a couple years now. Just a little thing that struck me as odd.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2009, 08:51 AM   #32
MVP

OVR: 9

I am wondering if the CPU swinging has any bearing on the quality of pitches from the meter? I think I saw one video where the guy pitching maxed out the meter, and there was a bright red ring that showed up around the edge, and an on-screen message around the meter stated that the pitch was perfect. The pitch was thrown for a strike, and the batter took the pitch. As we watch the videos, and with most of the videos utilizing the new pitch system, how does one tell if you are filling the meter properly? Large circle to the edge? Little circle in the middle? So, with the "meatballs" being taken out, is the penalty for a less than stellar gesture/release the CPU just hacking away up there? I mean, that makes sense to me that as a pitcher, if I throw up a hanging curveball, 8 times out of ten the batter sees that spinner coming, and unloads. So maybe the reason that the CPU is swinging at everything is that the pitches that are thrown are not well executed pitches. Now, I will be switching back to last year's pitching style immediately, as I LOVED the windup/gesture/release aspect of making the pitch. With meatballs gone, I will be able to tweak the release and make the ball move around with regards to the late movement like I did last year.

Perhaps the CPU will swing less at the balls in the zone if the pitcher locks the batter up with a nasty pitch that is perfectly executed.

Steve, have you been able to see such a thing within the games that you used the old 2k8 style of pitching, that when you made the perfect pitch, the batter either flailed weakly at the ball, or let the pitch just go by?

Bad pitches get smacked. I love that they got rid of the meatballs, but in real life if you make a bad pitch, you know it immediately, and expect the batter to recognize that, and jump on it. Maybe the problem is less the batter's programming, but the pitchers' lack of execution.

Thoughts?

syf

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »