Home

WWE Legends of WrestleMania Demo Available, Impressions Here

This is a discussion on WWE Legends of WrestleMania Demo Available, Impressions Here within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-10-2009, 12:13 AM   #97
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: WWE Legends of WrestleMania Demo Available, Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernond
The game is somewhat fun, a little better than i thought it would be. The game play is kind of jerky. Does anyone elses screen shake or the color go funny when you hit a guy? I'm playing on the ps3. It's definitely something i'm going to want to buy cause it seems like it'd be real fun over a weekend but I don't know if the replay value is going to be there for the game. The demo is really easy. I'm sure i'll end up with it anyway.
I guess the replay of it really depends how good online is because this sounds like the type of game that's good head to head because it will be hard to cheese. But then if there's the usual lag then it's pointless.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:42 PM   #98
Banned

OVR: 24

Ok I'm still waiting for the PS3 demo sometime this year so I have yet to play it but there was a youtube video of Hogan\Bossman and the ending sequence (I guess these chain sequences) was HORRIBLE and I mean gamekiller horrible. I mean like you must be insane to waste money on this horrible.

The animations are all ****ed up. Hogan gets Bossman in a sleeper and then the next scene Bossman's on the ground .

Then Bossman does his sequence and it's just a herky jerky set of animations that aren't fluid and it seems that with every successive animation they cut out 5 seconds and the wrestler is not even in the same spot. There is no continuity whatsoever. How hard can that be to implement? At least make it fluid if you're gonna use cutscenes as finishers. I would get no satisfaction of hitting my finisher if it's just a mishmash of illogical and sloppy scenes. If SF4 can do it right then so can this game.

I know it's arcady but at least make it flow like it's supposed to. Is it like this in the demo too? Because if it is then I question anybody's sanity who would spend $60 on crap like that when the most important part of the game (finisiher) is just a cluster ****. What a letdown.

If I'm overrreacting it's because I've been waiting for a Legends game for so long and I think many are ignoring this huge flaw (I haven't even seen it mentioned yet) because of the nostaglia factor. If the newest SVR game had this kind of Atari like animations there would be an uproar but we see legends and all is forgiven.

Last edited by Seymour Scagnetti; 03-10-2009 at 04:48 PM.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:52 PM   #99
MVP

OVR: 10

The chains at least on finishers seems to vary by wrestler. Hogan's actually flows pretty well, but Austin's does not. I haven't used Andre's yet and you can't play as The Rock in the demo so I haven't seen his yet. I agree that some of the chain sequences look pretty weird, but honestly it doesn't bother me too much. On most of those parts, the window to press the button is so small that I'm not too focused on the animations.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:58 PM   #100
Pro

OVR: 9

If you look at it as in wanting it to be SvR then do not bother. This is not the other game period. The animations in my opinion give the game a good presentation. It is more of a highlight of your special than the screen CRACKING on the other game.

The vibe I get from the matches feel epic also.

Most people I see complaining about the game are complaining about character build, not being able to spam the run button?, and the new feel of the game. I usually do not even play wrestling games because they went the Madden route long ago, but this one has peaked my interest and will be a must buy amongst the other wrestling games.

Give the game a chance before passing judgment from a YOUTUBE video.

Last edited by lasthour; 03-10-2009 at 09:33 PM. Reason: edit
Old 03-10-2009, 05:04 PM   #101
MVP

fpac's Arena

OVR: 15

I enjoyed the demo. Not the greatest wrestling game of all time or anything, but IMO it's fun. I'm not sure if I'll be buying it or not yet though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2009, 05:20 PM   #102
Rookie

OVR: 8

I found it to be awful, unplayable, clumsy, and not resembling what wrestling looks like whatsoever. This was a guarenteed purchase for me, but thanks to the demo, I can save my money.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:22 PM   #103
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
Ok I'm still waiting for the PS3 demo sometime this year so I have yet to play it but there was a youtube video of Hogan\Bossman and the ending sequence (I guess these chain sequences) was HORRIBLE and I mean gamekiller horrible. I mean like you must be insane to waste money on this horrible.

The animations are all ****ed up. Hogan gets Bossman in a sleeper and then the next scene Bossman's on the ground .

Then Bossman does his sequence and it's just a herky jerky set of animations that aren't fluid and it seems that with every successive animation they cut out 5 seconds and the wrestler is not even in the same spot. There is no continuity whatsoever. How hard can that be to implement? At least make it fluid if you're gonna use cutscenes as finishers. I would get no satisfaction of hitting my finisher if it's just a mishmash of illogical and sloppy scenes. If SF4 can do it right then so can this game.

I know it's arcady but at least make it flow like it's supposed to. Is it like this in the demo too? Because if it is then I question anybody's sanity who would spend $60 on crap like that when the most important part of the game (finisiher) is just a cluster ****. What a letdown.

If I'm overrreacting it's because I've been waiting for a Legends game for so long and I think many are ignoring this huge flaw (I haven't even seen it mentioned yet) because of the nostaglia factor. If the newest SVR game had this kind of Atari like animations there would be an uproar but we see legends and all is forgiven.
It plays exactly how it looks on the youtube videos. I had those hopes as well but they were dashed.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:19 AM   #104
Cult of Personality

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti

Yes, the finishers are a bit different. You go through the RTE motions, with each one being a signature move. They don't flow really well. But I can handle using my imagination to fast forward the skips in action. Honestly, I like the way finishers are handled in this game more than SVR, the RTE makes it hard to actually accomplish the finisher, as it should be. I just wish they would have made the moves link better.

You definitely need to play this game with an open mind
Vets II | Washington Redskins(13-6) | Last Game: L 37-34 OT @ ATL (NFC Conference Championship)

Vets Bowl I Champion | Vets Bowl II Runner-Up

Last edited by TimmeH; 03-11-2009 at 01:22 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »