Home

WWE Legends of WrestleMania Demo Available, Impressions Here

This is a discussion on WWE Legends of WrestleMania Demo Available, Impressions Here within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-19-2009, 10:22 PM   #177
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: WWE Legends of WrestleMania Demo Available, Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormyhog
Here is another video of bret Hart vs the british bulldog in a ladder match. http://gamingring.com/news?p=3876
I've yet to see a match longer than 3 minutes on Youtube. Everything about this game is so by the number's. The same animations and the ladder match is a complete waste of time because you can't leave the ring. Every match will be 3 minutes long.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:01 PM   #178
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
I've yet to see a match longer than 3 minutes on Youtube. Everything about this game is so by the number's. The same animations and the ladder match is a complete waste of time because you can't leave the ring. Every match will be 3 minutes long.
But wasn't that the original design intent? A more old school arcadey feel like Wrestlefest and other older games, so faster matches and a smaller moveset. They've stressed that all along, so this isn't going to be for everyone as they're obviously going for a more ****** gamer as opposed to the hardcore wrestling game fan going by what they've said with focus testing in the past.

I enjoy it for what it is though, and the nostalgia factor's big enough for me to probably pick it up next week. The gameplay sliders may be enough for me if I need to increase difficulty, but I'm not really looking for that, just a fun brawler to play with friends. If we wanted something more substantial, we'd just go back to No Mercy or Fire Pro or something.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:22 AM   #179
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XiaNaphryz
But wasn't that the original design intent? A more old school arcadey feel like Wrestlefest and other older games, so faster matches and a smaller moveset. They've stressed that all along, so this isn't going to be for everyone as they're obviously going for a more ****** gamer as opposed to the hardcore wrestling game fan going by what they've said with focus testing in the past.

I enjoy it for what it is though, and the nostalgia factor's big enough for me to probably pick it up next week. The gameplay sliders may be enough for me if I need to increase difficulty, but I'm not really looking for that, just a fun brawler to play with friends. If we wanted something more substantial, we'd just go back to No Mercy or Fire Pro or something.
That's fine but then they should charge nostalgic prices for it because $60 is ridiculous. This game seem like an expansion pack rather than a full game.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:37 AM   #180
Go Cougs!

WazzuRC's Arena

OVR: 26

Yeah, I enjoyed the demo simply because of nostalgia but after playing it a few times and hearing more and more about the options and gameplay, this game is probably a rental.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:30 AM   #181
Banned

The news about this game is getting worse and worse as more people start to get it. In RR match you can't do finishers, which is fine because of the cut scenes it would be impossible, I can accept that. But now you can't even do grapples in the Rumble so basically all you can do is punch and mash buttons to try and throw guys over. That will get boring in about 10 minutes.

I can't believe how many flaws this game has. From questionable roster, terrible movesets for CAL's, no freedom on HIAC and ladder matches, no career mode or replay depth to the boring Rumble.

THQ must have developed this game in 3 months. If it wasn't a "legends" game it would probably score a 2\10. If SvR came out like this they would have to recall it. What a blatent cash grab. I'm not wasting even a rental on this now.

Last edited by Seymour Scagnetti; 03-20-2009 at 01:33 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2009, 02:47 AM   #182
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Quote:
I've yet to see a match longer than 3 minutes on Youtube.
Enjoy:

Quote:
That's fine but then they should charge nostalgic prices for it because $60 is ridiculous.
That would be more than $60 I believe.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:18 AM   #183
Pro

OVR: 9

This game looks HOT!
Old 03-20-2009, 03:15 PM   #184
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Quote:
The news about this game is getting worse and worse as more people start to get it. In RR match you can't do finishers, which is fine because of the cut scenes it would be impossible, I can accept that. But now you can't even do grapples in the Rumble so basically all you can do is punch and mash buttons to try and throw guys over. That will get boring in about 10 minutes.

I can't believe how many flaws this game has. From questionable roster, terrible movesets for CAL's, no freedom on HIAC and ladder matches, no career mode or replay depth to the boring Rumble.

THQ must have developed this game in 3 months. If it wasn't a "legends" game it would probably score a 2\10. If SvR came out like this they would have to recall it. What a blatent cash grab. I'm not wasting even a rental on this now.
Ok then, move on. Basing your review off an early demo and youtube videos..just wow. But there's no real need to post any longer about how "bad" the game will be since you won't be renting or playing it.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »