Home

NCAA Football 10 Rosters Issue

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Rosters Issue within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2009, 10:31 PM   #209
Rookie

Hey_Rebby's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NCAA Football 10 Rosters Issue

I don't see how the Keller lawsuit has had any effect on the rosters. If that was the case, won't ALL the rosters be jacked up? There are some teams that are pretty accurate. It seems they would try scramble up the most marketable players, ala Tim Tebow, if this was a result of the lawsuit.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:35 PM   #210
Banned

OVR: 26

Is anyone updating the rosters for the 09 version? Those are probably a better place to start than these are. That would save us all time and money because believe me, it's the same game as 09.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:37 PM   #211
Rookie

OVR: 3

My 2 cents:

I'm in software development, and bugs/oversights happen - that's why you hire testers.

The problem is that you can't really test for "correctness" in the NCAA roster - the roster is based on the intent of the roster creator. How does a tester know how many players should be on a team's roster? (It's really up to the roster creator, right?) Since so much of it is subjective, how much time should be allocated to testing this area? In my opinion it should be minimal.

Ultimately it's the responsibility of the person creating the rosters to verify that his stuff is in the final build. If Tiburon is like my place they'll have a release test prior to anything going out the door, and at that point the prospective final build is made and loaded on test boxes. If the roster file is actually one file, basically you only have to look for the last thing you touched - if it's there, you're probably okay.

My suggestion going forward - use the community. Post the complete roster file (text, spreadsheet, whatever) on OS (or anywhere) when you get to the final build stage. The maniacs here (and I use that term in the best way possible) will point out any glaring problems within a day. You might have to weed through the "he should be an 88 instead of an 85" stuff, but you'd find the big issues. (EA might frown upon this, don't know.)

Or just change TeamBuilder (a great idea, great implementation) into RosterBuilder. Let us create detailed, accurate rosters and you guys can create generic rosters to avoid any potential lawsuits. Less dev time on rosters (which can't be perfect in July anyway), more time on gameplay.

Anyways I feel Russ and Adam's pain. Good luck on a solution.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2009, 10:39 PM   #212
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDirt
My 2 cents:

I'm in software development, and bugs/oversights happen - that's why you hire testers.

The problem is that you can't really test for "correctness" in the NCAA roster - the roster is based on the intent of the roster creator. How does a tester know how many players should be on a team's roster? (It's really up to the roster creator, right?) Since so much of it is subjective, how much time should be allocated to testing this area? In my opinion it should be minimal.

Ultimately it's the responsibility of the person creating the rosters to verify that his stuff is in the final build. If Tiburon is like my place they'll have a release test prior to anything going out the door, and at that point the prospective final build is made and loaded on test boxes. If the roster file is actually one file, basically you only have to look for the last thing you touched - if it's there, you're probably okay.

My suggestion going forward - use the community. Post the complete roster file (text, spreadsheet, whatever) on OS (or anywhere) when you get to the final build stage. The maniacs here (and I use that term in the best way possible) will point out any glaring problems within a day. You might have to weed through the "he should be an 88 instead of an 85" stuff, but you'd find the big issues. (EA might frown upon this, don't know.)

Or just change TeamBuilder (a great idea, great implementation) into RosterBuilder. Let us create detailed, accurate rosters and you guys can create generic rosters to avoid any potential lawsuits. Less dev time on rosters (which can't be perfect in July anyway), more time on gameplay.

Anyways I feel Russ and Adam's pain. Good luck on a solution.

Great Post!
Old 06-10-2009, 10:42 PM   #213
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NCAA 10 Rosters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
Someone at EA should take note of the fact that not one single poster yet has chimed in and said: "Thank god they have decided they are not going to delete my create-a-school to fix this roster problem."
Old 06-10-2009, 10:45 PM   #214
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDirt
This is what I would like to see happen, but this solution, once again, would be like admitting the NCAA team is incompetent of doing it themselves..Which is obvious anyway

Also I would want some type of discount off the game if I put in time to doing the rosters for them, and I don't see them doing that.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:51 PM   #215
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NCAA 10 Rosters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
Sadly, I believe the opposite is true.

Yes I agree a fix is a difficult undertaking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2009, 10:51 PM   #216
Rookie

nikka's Arena

OVR: 5

*Teambuilder BETA* (Its just the beta) should be closed down so they can upload the correct roster file on to it and the game disc... problem solved.
people that created schools can recreate.. not a big deal at all, it's a freaking beta things will change.

The game disc rosters should be the MAINNNNN priority, it would be a total waste to ruin the game because an online application that 40% will not use.

50,000 created teams or 500,000+ unhappy customers?
Jobs are scarce now a days... do what's logical.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »