Home

MLB '10: The Show First Look (ESPN)

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show First Look (ESPN) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-19-2009, 05:50 PM   #225
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: MLB '10: The Show First Look (ESPN)

Hopefully the Twins new Uni's made it in. We all know how the MLB style guide can be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2009, 06:01 PM   #226
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Hopefully the Twins new Uni's made it in. We all know how the MLB style guide can be.

I hear that.

Funny how game developers have to follow the style guide, or face fines, but the teams themselves don't (by altering slightly). And game makers cant follow the real life uni, even if it is altered from the "style guide".

Yet if you're uniform isn't proper on the field, you get fines as well.

Too much red tape and politics.
Old 12-19-2009, 06:05 PM   #227
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
I hear that.

Funny how game developers have to follow the style guide, or face fines, but the teams themselves don't (by altering slightly). And game makers cant follow the real life uni, even if it is altered from the "style guide".

Yet if you're uniform isn't proper on the field, you get fines as well.

Too much red tape and politics.
I remember reading somewhere a few years ago ( I believe it was when the Texas Rangers Changed Uni's to the alternate sleevelss Unis) That the teams that are changing uniforms have to let teh MLB know well in advance weather it is a slight change or completely changing uni's I believe they have to let them know a year or a year and a half in advance if I am not mistaken. I could be wrong but iremember reading something like that a few years back.
Old 12-19-2009, 06:11 PM   #228
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
I remember reading somewhere a few years ago ( I believe it was when the Texas Rangers Changed Uni's to the alternate sleevelss Unis) That the teams that are changing uniforms have to let teh MLB know well in advance weather it is a slight change or completely changing uni's I believe they have to let them know a year or a year and a half in advance if I am not mistaken. I could be wrong but iremember reading something like that a few years back.

Yeah, they have to let them know in advanced like you said. But still funny how some don't match the "style guide", yet game makers have to follow it. But MLB teams don't.
Old 12-19-2009, 06:12 PM   #229
Pro

OVR: 5

Tiger Stadium would reign supreme if it were included, or if it were downloadable. We could really use it up here in Detroit, a lot of great moments in baseball history have happened there. Gibson homerun vs Padres in 84. Reggie Jackson's all star performance, Cecil Fielder and Harmon Killebrew hitting it out of the park over the left field stands. Not to mention a Virgil Trucks no hitter in 52 or 56? Louis Salazar playing all 9 positions during one game. Rupert Jones putting one in the lights in 83 or 84. Finally it's the home of Ernie Harwell!

So Don't Tell Me it's Not Classic!
Old 12-19-2009, 06:29 PM   #230
Pro

ferriscj24's Arena

WHAT HE SAID!

I doubt it is included, as it looks like they have already revealed all of the Classic Stadiums. As for downloadable, I would no doubt pay for it. As for next year, wishful thinking I guess...

Last edited by ferriscj24; 12-19-2009 at 06:38 PM.
Old 12-19-2009, 09:39 PM   #231
All Star

Rod_Carew29's Arena

OVR: 38

He's got that **** right...hundreds and hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of hours I've spent and to a lesser degree, still am spending on all 30 team rosters....

So, this looks like it would solve the "why injuries cannot be on and ya cannot have roster control at the same time"

Kolbe said:

And speaking of Franchise, there will be the ability to finally play Franchise mode with up to 30 players. "We have a lot of fans who want to control every team, every lineup, every injury … they actually want to go in and manually injure a player just so their franchise at home can have the exact rosters of real life," says senior designer Kolbe Launchbaugh. "The time they spend on these rosters and inside all of these various modes really blows my mind, and it's something we all take great pride in as we're working on the game."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2009, 09:47 PM   #232
All Star

Rod_Carew29's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Possibly no 'A' teams

Just my opinion...being the comprehensive mass roster editor I am and always have been....they (SCEA) can keep ALL the 'A' teams out of the game.....

It's already an inordinate amount of work just doing all 30 teams' AA, AAA and MLB rosters....

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitstreak13
"...However, the only thing that bummed me out was that it looks like there won't be Single A teams this year (hinted in RTTS 4.0)."

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »