Home

MLB '10: The Show Gameplay Video (1up)

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Gameplay Video (1up) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2010, 04:08 PM   #97
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: MLB '10: The Show Gameplay Video (1up)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Kretschmer
take a look at 3:50 and look closely at the runner running through the first basemen.
You are still going to see this occasionally in the game. It is better but still occurs.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:10 PM   #98
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: I think this new is another new clip...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
No, just pointing out the CPU is not flawless like some some people feel. Its a good thing!
I think maybe your directing that at me?

This wasn't what I keep talking about however. I'm well aware that the outfielders can (and do) make poor decisions in their pathing to the ball. It's their perfect play of the ball when it bounces off the wall that I wish would get some attention.

When a ball goes into the corner, the AI is always in the perfect position to play the carom. You never see them get the angle wrong, you never see them get the distance wrong. In fact, as soon as the ball is hit, the CPU knows where it's going and runs directly to that spot even before it gets to the wall. It's a small issue, but one of those things that needs to be improved upon to keep this game the best ever made.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:13 PM   #99
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: I think this new is another new clip...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo
I think maybe your directing that at me?

This wasn't what I keep talking about however. I'm well aware that the outfielders can (and do) make poor decisions in their pathing to the ball. It's their perfect play of the ball when it bounces off the wall that I wish would get some attention.

When a ball goes into the corner, the AI is always in the perfect position to play the carom. You never see them get the angle wrong, you never see them get the distance wrong. In fact, as soon as the ball is hit, the CPU knows where it's going and runs directly to that spot even before it gets to the wall. It's a small issue, but one of those things that needs to be improved upon to keep this game the best ever made.
I was not actually, lol! I know the specific situation you are referring to.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:19 PM   #100
Rookie

OVR: 8

Wow.... that's all I got. Amazing.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:20 PM   #101
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by sectiona21
Sick...Sick...SICK!!! Those shadows!! Unreal....If this game doesn't take over my life, something is really wrong...Great Job SCEA!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2010, 04:31 PM   #102
Pro

sandmac's Arena

OVR: 3
Icon5 Re: MLB '10: The Show Gameplay Video (1up)

Seems like the crowd audio has been upgraded. Maybe its just more noticeable with the RTP breaks. Though I'm not sure why the home crowd would groan at the visitors grounding out to 2nd...(1:28)?!
Old 02-06-2010, 04:38 PM   #103
Pro

sandmac's Arena

OVR: 3

For those that have commented on the pitcher's release looking "off", it may be the result of the slight shift in the behind the pitcher view for this year. It's not so much that Baker's animation is wrong, it's just that it's positioned incorrectly. If you break it down, it would in fact appear correct if he was pitching to a catcher that was positioned several inches to the LEFT. So the trajectory of the pitch takes an unnatural path over to the right. This is why the animation reads wrong.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:41 PM   #104
Banned

OVR: 7
Thumbs up Re: MLB '10: The Show Gameplay Video (1up)

Am glad to see the real umpires back in the game, I hope country boy Joe West is in the game

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »