Home

Madden NFL 11 Rookie Ratings

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Rookie Ratings within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2010, 03:18 PM   #113

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Madden NFL 11 Rookie Ratings

Does anyone know when the full ratings came out last year?
Old 04-25-2010, 03:24 PM   #114
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyGivenSunday
Does anyone know when the full ratings came out last year?
I don't remember exactly. But IIRC, they started releasing one team per division M-T and a highlight video (of that division) on Friday sometime shortly after the draft.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 04-25-2010, 03:28 PM   #115
Banned

OVR: 7

79 should be the highest rookie rating for now, and as the season progresses he will earn the 80, 81, 82, so on. I think if you win Rookie of the Year, then you deserve the 85 overall depending on how the statistics look but giving Eric Berry an 85? What did Madden give Ryan Leaf as a rookie - and how did he do?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2010, 06:13 PM   #116
Rookie

OVR: 12

Those actually aren't as bad as I was expecting when I heard they were gonna use fan voting. Are they really *that* out of line with the draft classes that EA used last year? You could usually get a guy who's 75, 76, 77 OVR at the end of the first round.

And many of these guys are expected to start week one. I realize the draft is a crap shoot, but I don't think this is any worse than guys have been overrated in years past. Differences in potential will help separate the top 5, 10 picks from the rest of the class.
Mass Effect
Old 04-25-2010, 06:19 PM   #117
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

^^ I don't think it is as bad as some people are making it either. I just don't think Bradford should be an 80 given QB is one of the toughest transitions to make. However, Bradford does stand a chance to have some success because the Rams have a very strong rushing attack. His problem is going to be WR. Brandon Gibson can ball and Avery has the speed to get separation and make plays although not a big body.

With that being said, I do think there are many discrepancies in how he rates players. He will make one guy in Madden faster than another guy, when in real life it is the exact opposite. Those are the type of things I think he needs to clean up. He will make guys more agile and beastly Madden athletes, but in real life they might be just average, cough cough, Taylor Mays.

Last edited by LBzrule; 04-25-2010 at 06:21 PM.
Old 04-25-2010, 06:32 PM   #118
MVP

I Peench's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by xblake16x
potential shouldnt even be in the game! in the right system, with the right coaches, with enough luck to stay healthy, etc... anyone can become good. Why not revert back to old way of progression where anyone can become gold and anyone can become dust. with what we have now tebow WILL throw more INT's than TD's and still progress, even losing every game, and throwing 25 INT's to 10 TD's...he will still progress for the better part of his career. And say John Skelton throws 30 TD's and 12 INT's for 5 straight years... because he was drafted in the 5th (?) he wont be able to get passed a 76 or whatever potential they give him
Bravo. I feel the same way. They need coaches to really matter, as should the system.
Old 04-25-2010, 06:55 PM   #119
Banned

OVR: 13

I have to say that I hated what they did to the ratings this past year. I thought that the addition of position specific ratings was clearly gonna be the way to differentiate players and that "physical gifts" like THP, SPD, ACC, JMP, and AGI would be rated according to what we see on Sundays and for rookies a kind of consensus between their college careers and the combine/proday numbers!

Having 80 speed WRs, when the WRs run routes like my grandma anyway is absolutely horrible!

As it is a 90 spd wr with 95 route running looks like he is speed walking to his cut point and doesn't "sell" anything but just kinda half @$$ cuts. 3 step drop routes take even great WRs 5 step drops before they hit their cut point and that is if BnR is not being played.

BnR needs to be seriously reworked by the way. If the Cb has a 70 something press rating and the WR has a 90 something release rating the BnR should be almost completely ineffective every time! And even when the two ratings are close there should be times when the WR gets off clean, times when there is a minor impedance, and times when the DB gets a good bump. As it stands in M10 any DB can really disrupt any WR in BnR and if you watch NFL football even the best press CBs fail to get a good bump on occasion. Totally needs to be reworked, re-animated, and dependent upon the ratings!!!
Old 04-25-2010, 08:45 PM   #120
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boregard
I have to say that I hated what they did to the ratings this past year. I thought that the addition of position specific ratings was clearly gonna be the way to differentiate players and that "physical gifts" like THP, SPD, ACC, JMP, and AGI would be rated according to what we see on Sundays and for rookies a kind of consensus between their college careers and the combine/proday numbers!

Having 80 speed WRs, when the WRs run routes like my grandma anyway is absolutely horrible!

As it is a 90 spd wr with 95 route running looks like he is speed walking to his cut point and doesn't "sell" anything but just kinda half @$$ cuts. 3 step drop routes take even great WRs 5 step drops before they hit their cut point and that is if BnR is not being played.

BnR needs to be seriously reworked by the way. If the Cb has a 70 something press rating and the WR has a 90 something release rating the BnR should be almost completely ineffective every time! And even when the two ratings are close there should be times when the WR gets off clean, times when there is a minor impedance, and times when the DB gets a good bump. As it stands in M10 any DB can really disrupt any WR in BnR and if you watch NFL football even the best press CBs fail to get a good bump on occasion. Totally needs to be reworked, re-animated, and dependent upon the ratings!!!
BNR has to based on more than just ratings. If I have Antonio Gates, Todd Heap, Tony G or any big body TE who is a polished route runner out wide, no CB should be able to press him; not with that size and strength advantage. The problem in the game is that there is a press animation for CB's but the WR's/TE's do not use their off hand to 1) either keep the CB at bay or 2) knock him on his a$$; all the while simultaneously moving forward.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »