Home

UFC 2010 Undisputed Demo Available, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on UFC 2010 Undisputed Demo Available, Post Impressions Here within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2010, 10:35 AM   #153
MVP

UNC_Pete's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: UFC 2010 Undisputed Demo Available, Post Impressions Here

I'm impressed by the amount of change they've done to this game. This is like Anti-EA game play changes here. I'm going to have my fights tonight but overall I like what I see. I love being able to posture up from any position on the ground and start throwing bombs. If you can sneak a few in quickly they end up being rocked pretty quick which is realistic. I was able to counter some transitions last night as well without being so worried about holding on.

One funny thing is I took Rampage to the ground with Lyoto and Rampage will just elect to hold onto you until the ref stands you both up!
Old 04-30-2010, 10:51 AM   #154
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

I'm owning now. Patience is key. My favourite thing is putting someone against the cage and blasting knee's to their face. I've won like 8 fights in a row so I'm going to go higher difficulty nw.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:00 AM   #155
Rookie

OVR: 6

I was skeptical about the changes but I just need to learn more about the game - feels like a new game and they are going in a great direction with it. I wish more companies would be as hungry as these guys were at improving their game so dramatically .. ..cough** ...EA ***.. cough** . madden . . .. **
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2010, 11:15 AM   #156
Pro

OVR: 6

Can't win on advanced or expert. Machida is a beast..he's dodging all my punches.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:21 AM   #157
Rookie

OVR: 5
haha... I like the EA analogy... I enjoy Madden, but yeah, I've been playing it pretty much the same way for however many years now, including the same play calling... can't remember the last time I got a new Madden and had to relearn the way I play it in order to succeed against the CPU (unless you're counting the year with the QB vision cone) like I'm going to have to with the new UFC game... I'm impressed at how all the basic components of the new UFC game are the same, yet it plays so different.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:47 AM   #158
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

I just gotr a straight ko to the body with machida with his knee, i had shogun stunned against the cage tried a headkick that was blocked and then it looked like the knee that crumpled tito and it crumpled rua and as mike would say, It is all over.

More impressions. i suck *** in the clinch i wonder if timing reversals will work in the clinch. i will oficially have no life
Old 04-30-2010, 11:48 AM   #159
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Just got my code and am downloading the demo. Man, I said I wasn't going to do this but I knew I'd get sucked in. I'm sure I'll be pre-ordering by the end of the weekend
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 04-30-2010, 11:50 AM   #160
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Was able to sneak in 6 quick matches this morning, first 3 was on Experienced, Knocked Rua out 3 times using Machida...

Then went to expert to see what everyone was talking about regarding Rampage on Expert, LoL those 3 matches didnt last very long as he KO'd me three times(I was Rashad)

Overall with my short experience with the demo, it's def better than last year..I just hope that the crazy KO's is just for show in this demo version
(TKO, TKO, TKO'sssssss)

oh yeah, regarding the combo's are hard to pull off post...

Its def not easy as it was last year, but if you look at the ticker at the botton of the screen, there's a tip that tells you to look for openings when going for combo's..

Last edited by Jukeman; 04-30-2010 at 11:55 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »