Home

Old 06-09-2010, 01:01 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Backbreaker Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
I believe Gameplay in that sentence doesn't represent the play of the game, but rather how it represents football.

Can't really find much else wrong with the review though
, you either love it or hate it, and if you went into it expecting anything close to what you see on Sundays, you will hate it.
Dustin, is that you?

Old 06-09-2010, 01:03 PM   #18
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
I am shocked that this actually came out from OS. This is probably the most unprofessional review I have seen and there have been some pretty bad ones out there.

"Well, how about my first 12 possessions in a Human vs. CPU game of Backbreaker: fumble, fumble, fumble, interception, interception, field goal, interception, interception, interception, interception, fumble and interception."

The odds of this being true and not an exaggeration are slim to none. And if this is in fact true then I would sugegst that a new individual be found to provide the websites opinion on sports games.

Again, as others have mentioned, this is not a matter of score or a negative review, but just an unprofessional and misleading review.
I completed 1/21 passes in my first game. There's nothing much misleading about the review. It unnecessarily scathing but that his opinion.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:06 PM   #19
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
Very disappointed in OperationSports for allowing a review like this.... edit- I'm talking about the head editor.

OS BackBreaker reviewer -
"I say that because the gameplay in Backbreaker is its biggest downfall by far. It does not even feel as realistic as an old NFL Blitz title."

I mean really?

its not about it deserving a high score or a bad score or what ever....but I don't know how anyone can take a review from a professional sports videogame site like OS has been viewed as, serious when one of their reviewers says something like this.....seems like someone is reaching.

but enjoy the hits I guess.
I am ok with this review, but I have a problem comparing this game to Blitz. Blitz was a notch lower to me than this game here.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:08 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3
Just got this game yesterday- I was on the fence after the bad reviews.
Having played it - I CANNOT BELIEVE these reviews and how critical they are. Backbreaker has problems, we all know that BUT the good far out weighs the bad!
The game is certainly not perfect but it deserves more than a 5 any day of the week. More like 7 or 7.5 if u ask me.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:09 PM   #21
MVP

mestevo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
Dustin, is that you?

Who is Dustin? The game they produced is consistently creating these kinds of reviews. Perhaps now that one came from OS itself some people will understand that this is not a good game. That's great that some of you guys can make the best of it, but it doesn't make it good or great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
I completed 1/21 passes in my first game. There's nothing much misleading about the review. It unnecessarily scathing but that his opinion.
I completed more passes in any given game in the demo than I completed in the first 4 games of my Road to BB franchise (approximately 9/120).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2010, 01:13 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Who is Dustin? The game they produced is consistently creating these kinds of reviews. Perhaps now that one came from OS itself some people will understand that this is not a good game. That's great that some of you guys can make the best of it, but it doesn't make it good or great.

I completed more passes in any given game in the demo than I completed in the first 4 games of my Road to BB franchise (approximately 9/120).
You being bad at a game, doesn't make said game bad.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:14 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 2
on passing : you cant just pick the game up and expect to throw four td's off the back you have to practice...if someone threw u into the NFL right now, do u not think you would be 1/21 passing? think about it people...the game is more sim than people are making it out to be...just because you are bad at the game when you first pick it up doesnt mean the game sucks
Old 06-09-2010, 01:15 PM   #24
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiders81tim
You being bad at a game, doesn't make said game bad.
The consistent bad reviews make the game bad.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »