Home

Backbreaker Patch "Greathouse" Impressions (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Patch "Greathouse" Impressions (PS3, 360) within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2010, 11:44 AM   #97
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Backbreaker Patch "Greathouse" Impressions (PS3, 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
Loaned my BackBreaker disc to my girlfriend's son a month ago. He lives in LaPlace, about 40 miles away. I'll probably pick it up today. He just bought NCAA and doesn't have Xbox Live.

Based on the reports I've been getting, my biggest disappointment is the running game. Why would the Devs improve the O-Line blocking and then make it near impossible to run? Also the CPU's run game has not been improved enough.
I wondering if it has to do with making the game harder. But I don't really know it's a puzzler.
Old 08-07-2010, 11:47 AM   #98
MVP

XBox_Roughneck's Arena

OVR: 10

Like the patch.

But, the most glaring things I see that still need to be fixed.

1)RB's need to be more effective for both the CPU AND the user. I'd prefer that the Backbreaker development team make it harder to bring down running backs and RBs average more yards per carry.

2) Pass blocking is perfect. RUN blocking sucks most of the time. There are too many tackles on run plays behind the line of scrimmage.

I like the game otherwise. It's finally worth $40. (not worth a dime more though)
Old 08-07-2010, 12:02 PM   #99
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Backbreaker Patch "Greathouse" Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazzer99
Were you continuing from a season / RTBB pre-patch save?

I *think* if you are doing that, then you might just need to re-assign your audibles, as it looks like the new plays that were added have resulted in some mismatch with old savegames - meaning your defensive audibles could have actually been offensive plays!
thanks man, you nailed it. That's exactly what happened. My D audibles were offensive plays...I'll re-assign,...I'm just stying way away from my teams after hearing people's problems after touching them. Like I haven't seen a drop yet really.

edit...so after play a whole season game on hard the passing game is great imo.

BUT they ruined the run game completely. I'm 13 yards on 29 carries! I'm good at running the ball too. The other thing that bothers me is the reanimation of kicks, they now look fast-forward and stupid. Before they looked natural. I may get rid of the patch, because I can't play the game with zero running game. Before I do that I'll try medium difficulty, but we'll see. They jacked up the tackles too which is fine with me, but if I can't run, forget it. I also noticed it's taking longer now to dive as well, which negates cool goal line plays. I can't understand how this patch would kill the run so much especially since the pass blocking is 5X better.

Last edited by allBthere; 08-07-2010 at 01:17 PM.
Old 08-07-2010, 01:16 PM   #100
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRod
I wondering if it has to do with making the game harder. But I don't really know it's a puzzler.
I thought running was pretty sound on the Human side, but I wouldn't mind it being harder. But if I have a good O-line versus an average front 7, I'd like to see the CPU struggle or innovate a bit to stop me. My biggest beef would be that the CPU can't stuff it down your throat on occasion.

Believe me, I'm all for a tougher CPU.

What kind of rushing stats is everyone getting for Human and CPU? Please include whether it's MEDIUM or HARD.
Old 08-07-2010, 01:26 PM   #101
Rookie

OVR: 1

How does one delete the patch on an Xbox? I like some things in the patch, but some things are poorly implemented. I want to go back before the patch to compare.
Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2010, 01:27 PM   #102
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
I thought running was pretty sound on the Human side, but I wouldn't mind it being harder. But if I have a good O-line versus an average front 7, I'd like to see the CPU struggle or innovate a bit to stop me. My biggest beef would be that the CPU can't stuff it down your throat on occasion.

Believe me, I'm all for a tougher CPU.

What kind of rushing stats is everyone getting for Human and CPU? Please include whether it's MEDIUM or HARD.
I hear you most times a run for the CPU is a waste of a down. They are lucky to get 3 yards many many times.

I get between 30-50 a game. If the CPU plays a 4-4, I'm lucky to get that.

Last edited by JRod; 08-07-2010 at 01:40 PM.
Old 08-07-2010, 02:00 PM   #103
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14

when playing an exhibition game on medium, i found it to be really fun.. i could pass and run and the CPU could pas and run a little bit as well.. but as soon as I started a season on medium, it was insanely difficult to pass, and i was getting picked off left and right.

for season mode, i had to turn the difficulty back down to easy
Old 08-07-2010, 02:13 PM   #104
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigdog
How does one delete the patch on an Xbox? I like some things in the patch, but some things are poorly implemented. I want to go back before the patch to compare.
Thanks
Just got this off of the net. Try at own risk. LOL

First open the "System" blade in the Xbox 360 dashboard, then go to memory, and press Y on the hard drive to open the "Device Options" menu. Then press the following sequence of buttons: X, X, Left Bumper (LB), Right Bumper (RB), X, X. You will be asked if you want to perform maintenance on your hard drive and delete all patches. Choose yes. To later reinstall the patch, just get on Xbox live again. However, if you had downloaded additional content that relied on the patch it will be reset.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »