Home

NBA 2K11 Videos: GamesCom Demo (DaWolf)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11 Videos: GamesCom Demo (DaWolf) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2010, 09:22 PM   #33
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: NBA 2K11 Videos: GamesCom Demo (DaWolf)

This will probably be my only day 1 purchase for the rest of the year.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:28 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 4
This dude that is playing is making my mavs look bad lol. anyways the terry's socks actually look white instead of grey
Old 08-19-2010, 09:29 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 18

Gripes:

- Every layup is banked far too high off of the backboard

- Guys crossing their arms after foul calls (looks hilarious)

- Everything

- This game looks sooooooo disgusting
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2010, 09:32 PM   #36
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14

my only real concern is at 00:19 in vid 1. the guy dunks with a defender right in his path. there should've been a contact animation that prevented him from moving forward (maybe a charge call), but instead the defender warps backward and just gets nudged back as the offensive player drives to dunk.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:37 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 14
Thanks for the vids.

Transistion game is not fixed. Big men do not run the court. Evidence Demo vid 2 at the 47sec mark. Big man sits at the top of the three point line while Mike Miller attacks the hoop. Any big man in the league would run to the front of the rim for a clean up hoop.

Same old same old 2k.....hopefully this is just demo and they adjusted in retail version but I have zero faith in it. These games all seem to have deeply ingrained inconsistencies from realism.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:40 PM   #38
MVP

TUSS11's Arena

OVR: 12

I thought they we're preaching improved player control. Why does the ball-handler do an auto-crossover whenever the defender reaches?
Old 08-19-2010, 09:41 PM   #39
Rookie

jr2424's Arena

OVR: 13
I'm curious to know if this was at simulation level because if this was arcade, I'm really eager to see the higher levels. Players were cutting off bad passes, movements were SO much smoother than last year and I love seeing all those misses. I can't stand playing online and seeing players hitting shots over three guys off a stepback move from beyond the 3-point arc (anyone who's played team-up knows exactly what I mean). All in all, great from what I've seen. Most curious about how well they balance online.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:44 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 30
Kudos on these vids. Got to really get a grip on some of the freshness with all these vids and I am loving the new dribbling. The good ball handlers just look more lively with pep in their steps like IRL. Also the passing looked waaay better than in the past. NICE variety there and the ball faking, as witnessed by the oh so terrible human player looked great. Overall, the animations look so much smoother and fluid with little to no "clicking and popping" like years past. My excitement level just crept up a notch or so. Good job, 2K. Wanting more.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »