Home

NBA 2K11 Developer Insights: The Art of Passing

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11 Developer Insights: The Art of Passing within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2010, 03:12 AM   #129
MVP

LeBronistheKing's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2K11 Developer Insights: The Art of Passing

The Art of passing insight was great. You seem to be doing a phenomenal job. After reading the insight I rewatched the Gamescom videos of the Heat vs Mavs and noticed a lot of the animations you must have been refering to. One in particular that impressed me was a bad pass into the post to Brendan Haywood that he had to jump for as well as a no look from D Wade to LeBron that Bron kinda bobbled. After seeing the Denver vs Orlando video that was released today though it did not seem as though there was the same amount of varied passing animations as in the Gamescom demo. However those animations from the Gamescom footage combined with what I read in the insight have me very excited.
Old 08-25-2010, 03:22 AM   #130
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by domidomdomz
Yeah, I remember his Cavs days. I kind of like him there but he was traded Boston. He was a monster and dunks all over the place, throwing down alley oops with Bron and Darius Miles, etc.

And this was the last great thing I witnessed from Ricky Davis.
I actually thought LeBron-Ricky-Miles-Boozer-Z could've made some noise if they were allowed to develop for a few years. But Boozer left after one season so that was that.
Old 08-25-2010, 03:45 AM   #131
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearschicago
I actually thought LeBron-Ricky-Miles-Boozer-Z could've made some noise if they were allowed to develop for a few years. But Boozer left after one season so that was that.
Oh yeah, how can I forget the Cav Boozer. Matt Barnes also had the chance to make the team but he was cut for some reasons.

Well, that's Cleveland. Sorry, Clevelanders.

Anyway, let's get back to Passing System. lol

One's best success comes after their greatest disappointments
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2010, 04:45 AM   #132
Pro

OVR: 28

I like everything I'm reading so far, I can't wait for these demo's. I thought last year was great for Basketball, but this year is going to be crazy.

http://www.myspace.com/RD253
Old 08-25-2010, 10:00 AM   #133
It's about that time

greenegt's Arena

OVR: 16

Nice! I loved the total control passing mechanic in Live 10 last year and I'm glad it made it over to 2K. This game is shaping up to be an instant classic!

PSN: OGMeanGreene

Twitter: @greenegt
Old 08-25-2010, 10:11 AM   #134
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choops4Life
Hey wassup my fellow 2K comrades? This is Zach from 2K Sports and the author of the Insight in discussion. I'm very happy that you've taken the time to read the article and post comments. It seems as though we're still seeing eye to eye on the improvements and innovations that passing required for NBA 2K11. It's nearing 10:30pm, the wife is at work and the baby is asleep. This is MY time!!! I will often be here checking your posts, but if you're nerdy enough like me to be on here this late, I'm willing to answer your passing questions right now. If not, post one and I'll try my best to get back to you.

A quick background: I'm originally from Iowa, I'm a Bulls/Chiefs/ISU Cyclones fan, I'm married and I have a 9.5 month old that is being recruited by all D1 schools for every sport known to man, I ran College Hoops for 3 years from 6 to 8 (oh do I ever miss thee), I love you guys, I love Wheat Thins and I hit the game winning three pointer in lunch ball today. That's about all you need to know about me for now.
Hey, Zach. I just wanted to point out something I noticed in the recent Magic vs Nuggets video that relates to pass selection.

Some of the passing animations still aren't quite right for the passing angle that is available....and the the passer sometimes throws the ball right through the head or neck of a defender, rather than throwing a higher pass to get the ball over the defender.

Also defenders still seem too unaware of the ball. many times a pass will whiz right toward a defender and they won't even try to tip it.

at the 3:56 mark of the Magic vs Nuggets video there is a bad underhand pass that goes right through the head/neck of a defender to a streaking Vince Carter. the passer picked the wrong type of pass for that angle - he should've done a higher overhead pass to get the ball over the defender....second, the defender just stands there and doesn't even attempt to tip the ball even though the ball is going right toward him. Hopefully this type of incorrect pass selection can be tweaked.

Last edited by blues rocker; 08-25-2010 at 10:23 AM.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:02 AM   #135
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choops4Life
Truth spoken. He grew up in the same town I did, same age. So do I got bias? Heck no my friend, Ricky had it all. (= Except consistency.
Remember Kenyon Murray? Defensive stopper back in the day. #3.

Thanks for answering questions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2010, 04:48 PM   #136
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by P21J
Very interesting article. I'm glad they got rid of that stupid looking pass-out-of-shot animation. It looked horrible and I thought it was unrealistic to have players do that pass who aren't good passers (Shaq, Tim Duncan,DHoward). I'm also pretty excited for the gameplay video
Tim Duncan is a good passer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »