Home

NBA Elite 11 OS Exclusive Video: Miami Heat @ Orlando Magic

This is a discussion on NBA Elite 11 OS Exclusive Video: Miami Heat @ Orlando Magic within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2010, 12:50 PM   #17
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NBA Elite 11 OS Exclusive Video: Miami Heat @ Orlando Magic

Best video so far
Old 09-05-2010, 12:50 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazraz
As a certain commentator says on NBA 2K10, "Some say the mid range shot is dead". In NBA Elite it certainly is.

NBA Jam - Arcade Dunkfest
NBA Elite - err...See above.
Yeah, it does seem a little dunky, but I mean. . .maybe it was just a "right place, right time" situation. Plus, it was the Magic and Heat, so I'm going to assume those will be two of the most dunkiest teams in the game (LBJ, Wade, Bosh, Howard, VC).

I'm not sure I ever would have noticed if it wasn't pointed out earlier, but with the exception of bank shots, it does seem every made jump shot is a swish. Also regarding those darn nets, the ball seems to sort of float through, even on dunks.

I can definitely see what they're going for with those non-two-player animations, but it's clear things are still in the rough stages. The VC drive around the 4:00 mark showcased the new system but it looked wonky and unnatural. Also, I'm thinking maybe a foul was in order there.

The presentation seems neat. I've always been a huge fan of ESPN integration. It was kind of hard to hear the audio (except for the cough at the beginning) but from what was picked up by the camera, it sounded alright. I think I heard a variation of the Superman theme after Dwight Howard dunked.

Also, the courts look to be shaping up pretty nicely this year.
Old 09-05-2010, 12:56 PM   #19
MVP

BaselineBakes's Arena

OVR: 6

Even though you can barely hear the crowd you can get a sense for how alive it sounds with that playoff atmosphere is on, which is great.

James triple threat to jumpshot was terrific

Wade's dunk in traffic was terrible

Carter hop step also really bad, that's a terrible animation for that action imo.

Wade getting blocked by Howard looked unnantural, he was already on his way down when he got blocked and it just didn't look good at all.

Howard nelson PnR was nice, with the superman theme in the back, very cool

Lebron dunk looked powerful, not good hand/rim interaction though.

Lebron, Wade, and Carlos Arroyo having the same exact dribbling moves bothers me.

I won't talk about the euro-step.

That charge was bad, Nelson slid back with Lebron for about 5-6 ft before any interaction actually took place.

These dunks in traffic are bad, the man jumping straight up to contest just magically teleports backwards in the air to move out of the way of the dunker, no collision involved, doesn't look good at all.

Overall the game looks better from this camera angle, it adds to the atmosphere, but man it's gonna be a real dunk fest and the physics they were talking about concerning collisions and player interaction just isn't there and it looks bad when players come together, you know something that happens alot in a basketball game.
Old 09-05-2010, 12:59 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazraz
As a certain commentator says on NBA 2K10, "Some say the mid range shot is dead". In NBA Elite it certainly is.

NBA Jam - Arcade Dunkfest
NBA Elite - err...See above.
Wow I think you got your games mixed up bro. The spacing on live/elite makes for better mid-range jumpers than on 2k. Dont base the game on how some choose the play in these vids. The mid jumper is great on Live/Elite.

Getting back to the video, it looks alot better. This angle i prefer over the N/S. I love the fact that playing defense is really gonna matter this year. Its looking like the the days of the fullcourt passing are over thank god. Cant wait for the demo.

Last edited by kmart2180; 09-05-2010 at 01:01 PM.
Old 09-05-2010, 01:01 PM   #21
Pro

Philstat's Arena

OVR: 5
Stick a fork in Elite 11 - Wade's dunk through the lane just killed it for me. GD, what is up with EA, they just can't figure out what they want to do, they call this a SIM, it's arcade play all the way. Everyone moves the same, Miller looks just as athletic and quick as LeBron and Dwayne. Carter's hop step just about brought tears to my eyes, damn, this game HAS A VERY LONG WAY TO GO! Guys are running at warp speed, dunks galore, players jumping way too high. EA should just confess, they can't make a basketball simulation. Stick with NBA Jam.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2010, 01:01 PM   #22
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Good video...

Looks a bit better, moves too fast on video..But I read his comments on why! The coughing in the beginning was funny. Get some Robitussin it will clear that right up...lmao.

But too much dunking and too much sticking in crossovers, slow the pace down and play basketball. All this super fast run and dunk, run and jump shot, stick moves, stick moves, more damn stick moves and dunk or shoot. That isn't basketball.

The player models can be somewhat distinctive now, but would love to see more later.
Old 09-05-2010, 01:03 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 8
they need to change the name to dribble then drive 11 or pick and roll 11 i notice even in the playoffs every game is nba tuesday
Old 09-05-2010, 01:03 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 14
I play NBA 2K10 on Hall of Fame, which for some would be the most realistic setup available, and with the proper guy (Kobe, LBJ, Wade) I still manage to go the hole whenever I want it. I believe It's a matter of wanting to play the game the right way.

I'm not trying to defend Elite, as a matter of fact, I was disappointed with the first two videos as well. But it's very hard to gauge this type of thing watching a video of other person playing the game.

It's almost impossible to play online without being cheesed. People want to win regardless of the experience. I don't mind loosing to a cheeser...for me, it's way more fulfilling to play the game the right way, but to each his own.

All I'm saying is that we'll have to wait for the demo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »