Home

MLB 11 The Show Video: Gameplay Footage From Community Event

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show Video: Gameplay Footage From Community Event within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2011, 11:38 PM   #193
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: MLB 11 The Show Video: Gameplay Footage From Community Event

Quote:
Originally Posted by woz411
To the OP: did i hear you correctly when you said you have more videos to post?
have you posted them yet or will we have to wait a week or two?

this has me excited
I have a lot more footage, but I've been extremely busy since I got back from the event. I hope to get some more edited, and hopefully approved this week sometime.

re:specific "I'm worried about x" posts from everyone here:
As the other guys have said more than a few times, please don't judge a lot of specifics on what you're seeing here. Even Miller Park has had some pretty big changes since I shot this footage. My intentions for getting it posted are more about showing the general changes in the game this year, especially the updated player models etc.

To placate you all a bit in the interim, I just posted a bunch of screenshots to our website. Some have already been seen in another thread here, but I posted a good number of new shots as well.

http://www.psnation.org/2011/01/23/m...eplay-gallery/

Old 01-24-2011, 12:17 AM   #194
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
Nice, you got the A's ones up we took. Thanks again Glenn!!!
Old 01-24-2011, 01:42 AM   #195
Rookie

I didn't read through 10 pages of comments, but here's what I'm impressed with:

Whether a batted ball or (especially) a thrown ball, like from an outfielder to an infielder, the in-motion ball physics and 'sped-up' feel of the overall action. Hopefully this is not just a visual trick from the video, because it makes it look much better. Looks like the player animations, specifically the batters swinging, also are quicker--which makes it seem more lifelike. Now if they could just get the pitchers to throw more realistically (faster animation).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2011, 01:49 AM   #196
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by treyraq
I didn't read through 10 pages of comments, but here's what I'm impressed with:

Whether a batted ball or (especially) a thrown ball, like from an outfielder to an infielder, the in-motion ball physics and 'sped-up' feel of the overall action. Hopefully this is not just a visual trick from the video, because it makes it look much better. Looks like the player animations, specifically the batters swinging, also are quicker--which makes it seem more lifelike. Now if they could just get the pitchers to throw more realistically (faster animation).
Some of the CD guys said they work on the release point while they were there. So hopefully they got that part ironed out.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:20 AM   #197
Rookie

PhillsPhan26's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
Some of the CD guys said they work on the release point while they were there. So hopefully they got that part ironed out.
I am not trying to be negitive or anything but does it worrie anyone else, cause I keep hearing that they are still doing this, they are still doing that.... But the game is coming out in over a month. I mean how much time do they have to get things in and for copies to be made? I would of thought that this process would of been in motion by now but what do I know.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:59 AM   #198
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillsPhan26
I am not trying to be negitive or anything but does it worrie anyone else, cause I keep hearing that they are still doing this, they are still doing that.... But the game is coming out in over a month. I mean how much time do they have to get things in and for copies to be made? I would of thought that this process would of been in motion by now but what do I know.
Your exactly right, not much! SCEA is very well aware of their time lines and what needs to be completed. You would be surprised by the dynamic changes that occur to the game on a daily basis.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:10 AM   #199
Rookie

That was one of the most surprising things that I saw, that they were changing so many things while we were there.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
Old 01-24-2011, 01:05 PM   #200
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSNation
That was one of the most surprising things that I saw, that they were changing so many things while we were there.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
That is why these guys rock. I do not think people realize that most dev studios do not do these types of things. It is a rarity in the industry, that I hope most posters on here do not take for granted.

There are a ton of other games out there that could benefit from this type of interaction.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »