Home

NCAA Football 12 Video - Diving Catches and Bull Rushes

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Video - Diving Catches and Bull Rushes within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2011, 02:48 PM   #129
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: NCAA Football 12 Video - Diving Catches and Bull Rushes

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
judging from the zone defense vid the feedback gotten from the visitors were either wrong or the team didnt implement it, this year becuase its pretty bad,

this bullrush vid, lets see how it plays out.......

the biggest thing missing from this game is TECHNIQUE at every position, and that can be gotten from film.
Man. I always tried to put my finger on exactly how to express what is lacking in the EA football games, but you stated it perfectly here. Proper technique/interaction at each position is one of the biggest issues that looms over their football games.

Well said sir.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:05 PM   #130
MVP

drlw322's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illustrator76
Man. I always tried to put my finger on exactly how to express what is lacking in the EA football games, but you stated it perfectly here. Proper technique/interaction at each position is one of the biggest issues that looms over their football games.

Well said sir.
It's the lack of transitional animation. IF the dev have said it, the reason the tackles would warp in the past is because they had limited animation from each angle. They had to add over 100 animation to make the new collision system work. They also had to dive catch animation to combat the speed up warp catches.

Thats why the other game looks so much more smoother is because they have so many animation and transitional animation to their game so it's not choppy during transition of animation.

Old 05-05-2011, 03:09 PM   #131
KOV
Rookie

OVR: 0

I've enjoyed all info up to this point, but that animation has to go, not feeling it at all. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've NEVER seen that happen. While they're at, they can take out the offense pancake animation also, I've never liked that one either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2011, 04:44 PM   #132
Rookie

falconfansince81's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlw322
It's the lack of transitional animation. IF the dev have said it, the reason the tackles would warp in the past is because they had limited animation from each angle. They had to add over 100 animation to make the new collision system work. They also had to dive catch animation to combat the speed up warp catches.

Thats why the other game looks so much more smoother is because they have so many animation and transitional animation to their game so it's not choppy during transition of animation.
what other game? the 'other game' meaning 2k5? since psn has been down i've been playing it a ton, and one thing i notice is a lot of sliding and warping which (like you referred to as transitional animations) i can accept to a certain degree.

BUT, the most important thing about the animations themselves is the players are playing their positions correctly and with proper technique. i think a big problem here is these mo-caps seem to be done by larry over in accounting or whoever was on break when they were ready to record. obviously its not that amateur but there are very few instances where i see proper football fundamental techniques being displayed, and for me it cheapens the game even further.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:16 PM   #133
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

any chance we get a mocap of OL/DL interaction? now that is something i would like to see...
Old 05-05-2011, 08:26 PM   #134
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

2:00-2:32 = Bull Rush. Sometimes the OL will fall but not often. Most times he just gets driven back into the QB. I still think the WR's run their routes too slow. No explosion off the line and no burst out of cuts.

An even better example

Last edited by LBzrule; 05-05-2011 at 08:32 PM.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:32 PM   #135
Banned

OVR: 12

Notice the inside hand down and not the outside hand? Most defensive linemen line up with their inside hand down. In NCAA and Madden it's opposite. There are tons of little missing details like this in the game. Most of it goes back to the non-football background of the development team. Some of it goes back to the non-athlete, non football player status of their motion capture actors.

EA Tiburon and everyone that has a hand in the making of their football games clearly do not get enough insight or direction from people that actually know the sport. It's been obvious for years now but most people haven't been made aware.

I mean is Tiburon even aware of all the things that they have in the game that are fundamentally wrong as it pertains to the game of American football? The outside hand being down on their defensive linemen is just the tip of the ice berg.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2011, 08:28 AM   #136
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith121212
Notice the inside hand down and not the outside hand? Most defensive linemen line up with their inside hand down. In NCAA and Madden it's opposite. There are tons of little missing details like this in the game. Most of it goes back to the non-football background of the development team. Some of it goes back to the non-athlete, non football player status of their motion capture actors.

EA Tiburon and everyone that has a hand in the making of their football games clearly do not get enough insight or direction from people that actually know the sport. It's been obvious for years now but most people haven't been made aware.

I mean is Tiburon even aware of all the things that they have in the game that are fundamentally wrong as it pertains to the game of American football? The outside hand being down on their defensive linemen is just the tip of the ice berg.
this x 10

ten char

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »