Home

NCAA Football 12 Video - Diving Catches and Bull Rushes

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Video - Diving Catches and Bull Rushes within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2011, 08:46 AM   #97
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: NCAA Football 12 Video - Diving Catches and Bull Rushes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illustrator76
Oh, I am very familiar with that Suh guy, lol . I agree that the Bull Rush knockdown happens, but just not that often. Even in that video, Suh ended up falling down as well, he didn't just truck and move on. My concern is that this is the ONLY Bull Rush animation in NCAA 12, which would be a huge issue IMHO. I just don't want the exception to become the norm with things like this, because that has kind of been the EA way lately.
Not a word I disagree with it.

I think people are forgetting the 1st videos shown for NCAA and NFL. I saw a great bull rush to the QB on both NCAA and NFL, so, I saw video evidence it's not the only bull rush.

People tend to have short memory spans from a week to two weeks ago.

I'm thinking this was a video just to highlight the bull rush vs the norm, but I could be wrong.

It's the same reaction when Madden released a video showcasing Hillis breaking tackles. People assumed this was going to happen in the released game.

First 20 seconds or so of video, Brees throwing a pass and being bull rushed by #71 of the Falcons on the left side of the screen.

http://www.ea.com/videos/157a5c246ec...001165140aRCRD

Last edited by roadman; 05-05-2011 at 09:13 AM.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:53 AM   #98
Rookie

OVR: 4
Dive catches great. But are there going to be any stretch for the ball missed it completely lost balance and fall over type of catches? Because there should be.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:04 AM   #99
Rookie

OVR: 0
it's funny because the mo-cap guys are actually dropping the passes, but the animation translates into the game as a catch.

Maybe they'll put dropped dive catches in too?
Old 05-05-2011, 10:09 AM   #100
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

its not the animation that scares me, its the thought that this is what success looks like, in the vid where the DE punks the OL the DT next to him is in a bull rush thats going nowhere, the madden clip mentioned with brees the DT is going nowhere, spinning in place and struggling with an OL not remotely threatening.....

and this goes back to a discussion in another thread, where the guard play is somethat wonky, guards dont steer the DT's/blitzers they try to hold their ground too much, we had this problem 3 yrs ago when Tackles didnt move to stop DE outside rushes, then they let the tackles get mobile, now its time to let the guards steer guys off to the side so the QB can step up....

with edits the 12 games will get alot of playing time this year....

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 05-05-2011, 10:34 AM   #101
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
the madden clip mentioned with brees the DT is going nowhere,
Then, I guess you see what you see. Many other respected posters on the Madden side feel that is a bull rush. It's not just before Brees makes the pass, it's after Brees has the ball in the air. The DL continues pushing the OL back into the backfield.

Isn't that considered a bull rush?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2011, 10:37 AM   #102
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: New Video Mo Cap

nobody dive catch like that in a real game. Just horrible dive catching animations.

The bull rush will be unrealistic. I bet 70ovr DL will bull rush your 90ovr OL on heisman.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:39 AM   #103
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

My only problem with this is EA’s inability to implement anything without it being extremely flawed. It normally means it will become the glitch or cheese of the game. Hope this doesn’t mean Users can do this every play to any OL in the game regardless of rating. I can see this becoming excessive & repetitive. This bull rush with the OL falling down hardly ever happens so let’s hope EA knows this.

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat
Old 05-05-2011, 10:44 AM   #104
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamount53
I hope they have the DL driving the OL back also, but anyway this "bull rush" animation reminds me of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1k_1GukEwo .
how many times do you see that in a football game? 1?

remember this.. in NCAA/Madden this animation will be a common as swing move.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »