Home

NCAA Football 12 Video - Diving Catches and Bull Rushes

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Video - Diving Catches and Bull Rushes within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2011, 09:03 PM   #73
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: NCAA Football 12 Video - Diving Catches and Bull Rushes

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyj721
I can already tell that I'm going to have slider the hell out of this to get the results I want.
People keep saying that they can fix this with sliders, but without the proper animations, which we have yet to see, sliders will just get rid of bull-rush all together.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:43 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 0

Would be awesome too seeing a DT pushing their guy backwards and grabbing the qb on the way by
Old 05-04-2011, 10:22 PM   #75
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

I like the move, but let the offensive player stay on their feet most of the time. Sure, he's going to get driven back into the backfield, but at least he still has a chance to make a play. Please, please don't tell me that every successful bull rush is going to flatten the blocker. When we complain about "scripted" outcomes and a lack of organic gameplay, this is what we're talking about. Just let the guy stay on his feet most of the time and this will be a nice addition.

As for the diving catches, pretty much the same thing. As long as they don't happen too often or result in a catch the majority of the time, I'd rather have stretch/diving catch attempts over warping players any day. EA's walking dangerous ground here. I can easily see either one of these things being overpowered. However, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt until we see actual gameplay videos.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2011, 10:34 PM   #76
Rookie

Catamount53's Arena

OVR: 1

I hope they have the DL driving the OL back also, but anyway this "bull rush" animation reminds me of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1k_1GukEwo .
Old 05-04-2011, 10:44 PM   #77
Rookie

mdurd2817's Arena

OVR: 5

As a poster mentioned earlier in this thread the DL bowling over OL was in last gen and it was the #1 gameplay killer for me. Only time I have ever seriously gotten mad with results in a video game.

It bugs me that they this is one of the major animations that they are advertising. A DL instantly pancaking an OL is so rare that I think they would be better off living the animation out of the game. The only time I've seen it happen real life is when a DL jumps offsides and the lineman has come out of his stance.

I see some think they are just showing the new animation and that it won't appear often... I'll just say it happened A LOT in last gen.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:44 PM   #78
Banned

OVR: 5
Wow you guys jump to conclusions with these videos a little too quickly. I'm looking at the video and a lot is missing. I could complain about no refs being in there on some cuts but why. Its not real gameplay. Until we get some genuine gameplay I'm not going to worry about it. Just be a little patient. Things will work there way to the surface. I know when I got to E3 and test it out this year I will be able to tell for sure whats going on with it if anything. It will be cleared up a few weeks. No worries.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:50 PM   #79
Banned

Koach Vonner's Arena

OVR: 0
Ok. I usually try my best not to bash because I understand that making a video game can be difficult. However, that looks horrible. EA is too cheap to hire a REAL NFL WR to do the mo-cap? Hell get a bench warmer from the NFL. Anybody besides those guys. Keep running and catch the ball in stride. The jump in the air dive is horrible. Lol.

A Bull rush gets an Olineman on his heels. It doesn't mean you str8 punk his big butt. Lol. They had the bull rush putting the Olineman on his butt. That crap better never happen to my All-American guard or tackle. If it does I will be hot!!! Hell I'd rather my guy get beat on a speed rush (this can happen to the best NFL or College Lineman) but not str8 run over.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:58 PM   #80
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Hopefully there is a improved speed rush because no suction blocking. With Suction blocking as soon as your DE gets close to the OT you would get sucked in a block, so speed rushing was almost impossivle unless OT completely skipped you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »