Home

NCAA Football 12 Video - Diving Catches and Bull Rushes

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Video - Diving Catches and Bull Rushes within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2011, 12:07 AM   #81
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NCAA Football 12 Video - Diving Catches and Bull Rushes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koach Vonner
Ok. I usually try my best not to bash because I understand that making a video game can be difficult. However, that looks horrible. EA is too cheap to hire a REAL NFL WR to do the mo-cap? Hell get a bench warmer from the NFL. Anybody besides those guys. Keep running and catch the ball in stride. The jump in the air dive is horrible. Lol.

A Bull rush gets an Olineman on his heels. It doesn't mean you str8 punk his big butt. Lol. They had the bull rush putting the Olineman on his butt. That crap better never happen to my All-American guard or tackle. If it does I will be hot!!! Hell I'd rather my guy get beat on a speed rush (this can happen to the best NFL or College Lineman) but not str8 run over.

Alright guys we need to stop jumping to conclusions, please go read what the guys at TheGamingTailgate are saying. They tested the game for like 30 hours and said they never saw this bull rush animation. So let's wait and see maybe this is just an animation that is in the game that is very rare, which it is, very rare.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2011, 01:09 AM   #82
Rookie

4solo's Arena

OVR: 10

All I have to say after seeing these multiple clips where EA has shown the mo-cap, is that EA needs to do better in this area. Every one that I have seen is just completely staged. EA is going to have to get mo-cap of people actually competing. Put a QB back there and mo cap a one on one pass rush drill and let them have at it. Hell you could do this five times and have some great animations for the game. Also get better people to mo-cap. You could get some HS players to give you better looking animations than that. Hell I 'll do some and I haven't played in 11 years. WR's can't be diving on pads! Put a DB on him and throw it out there for him to get it. IT has to be real football SITUATIONS to produce a more fluid game. No wonder we have so many WTF animations in the game.

Last edited by 4solo; 05-05-2011 at 01:40 AM.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:35 AM   #83
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4solo
All I have to say after seeing these multiple clips where EA has shown the mo-cap, is that EA needs to do better in this area. Every one that I see is just completely staged. EA is going to have to get mo-cap of people actually competing. Put a QB back there and mo cap a one on one pass rush drill and let them have at it. Hell you could do this five times and have some great animations for the game. Also get better people to mo-cap. You could get some HS player to give you better looking animations than that. Hell I 'll do some and I haven't played in 11 years. WR can't be diving on pads! Put a DB on him and throw it out there for him to get it. IT has to be real football SITUATIONS to produce a more fluid game. No wonder we have so many WTF animations in the game.
Good post. This could even be a thread of it's own. Lord knows stuff like this and other quality posts here get lost in the shuffle. I agree with you 100% about the motion capture and the issues with it.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:37 AM   #84
MVP

OVR: 9

wearing pads and diving on a pad. does ea not provide health coverage? i dont think the wr animations are that bad, but they could be a lot better. the bull rush animation is terrible. im in agreement that they need to hire better mocap actors and have them actually compete. that could lead to realistic animations like the olineman being beaten badly and holding the defender to prevent a sack.

thegamingtailgate guys saying it doesnt happen is reassuring.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:45 AM   #85
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkdawg777
Alright guys we need to stop jumping to conclusions, please go read what the guys at TheGamingTailgate are saying. They tested the game for like 30 hours and said they never saw this bull rush animation. So let's wait and see maybe this is just an animation that is in the game that is very rare, which it is, very rare.
Guys that tested the game said that the Passing Offense wouldn't be overpowering in '09, and it was with any over the middle route.

Guys that tested the game said that Man coverage wouldn't be overpowering in '10, and it was with DB route mirror.

Guys that tested the game said that the Option worked as advertised in '11, and it didn't.

Can't ask folks to ignore 3 years of testers saying one thing, only to buy the game and see something different.

To be honest, I would say nice things also, if that meant they might invite me to play the game before release again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2011, 01:47 AM   #86
Rookie

4solo's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActLikeYouCrow
wearing pads and diving on a pad. does ea not provide health coverage? i dont think the wr animations are that bad, but they could be a lot better. the bull rush animation is terrible. im in agreement that they need to hire better mocap actors and have them actually compete. that could lead to realistic animations like the olineman being beaten badly and holding the defender to prevent a sack.

thegamingtailgate guys saying it doesnt happen is reassuring.
Yea I agree that the WR animations aren't that bad but if you look at the mo-cap, since the guy knows that he is supposed to dive for the ball he jumps up to dive. But IRL life you would n't really jump up to dive b/c you would be running full speed you would just be leaving your feet and stretch out to get full extension, letting your momentum carry you to the ball to catch it.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:50 AM   #87
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9

Idk about this... How often does a complete knock down bull rush happen in real life? It will be cool if it's not over done but I would bet money on harder levels it will happen alot to your O-line.

Same goes for dive catches how often are they done and how often are they successful? Not as much as EA has been showing it off..

I'm hoping for the best will have to wait for the demo
Old 05-05-2011, 02:14 AM   #88
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GATOR FAN
Idk about this... How often does a complete knock down bull rush happen in real life?
It happened more than you think but a lot of time when the offensive linemen falls they end up falling backwards and the defensive linemen falls over them. If the add both animations that I stated and use the defensive linemen tripping over the guy he just bull rushed more often then just a bullrush and free shot at Quarterback this may be implemented very well.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »