Home

NCAA Football 12 Video - Diving Catches and Bull Rushes

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Video - Diving Catches and Bull Rushes within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2011, 02:49 AM   #89
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: NCAA Football 12 Video - Diving Catches and Bull Rushes

like some guys said earlier, when that bull rush happens to three lineman in the same play, the pitch forks will come out and the villagers will riot.

forgive me, i still remember the insta swims from last year that happened to 3 of my guys AT THE SAME TIME to express higher difficulty.

and to those who say its a highligh vid, bull rush highlights should be linemen getting pushed back into RB's/QB's guys reaching out of a bull rush to make a tackle while collapsing the pocket with a rare insta punked or two thrown in.....

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 05-05-2011, 03:08 AM   #90
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
like some guys said earlier, when that bull rush happens to three lineman in the same play, the pitch forks will come out and the villagers will riot.

forgive me, i still remember the insta swims from last year that happened to 3 of my guys AT THE SAME TIME to express higher difficulty.

and to those who say its a highligh vid, bull rush highlights should be linemen getting pushed back into RB's/QB's guys reaching out of a bull rush to make a tackle while collapsing the pocket with a rare insta punked or two thrown in.....
Haha well if you had a middle screen on it should've worked to perfection when all three got in. Just kidding but I know what you mean.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 05-05-2011, 05:16 AM   #91
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Guys that tested the game said that the Passing Offense wouldn't be overpowering in '09, and it was with any over the middle route.

Guys that tested the game said that Man coverage wouldn't be overpowering in '10, and it was with DB route mirror.

Guys that tested the game said that the Option worked as advertised in '11, and it didn't.

Can't ask folks to ignore 3 years of testers saying one thing, only to buy the game and see something different.

To be honest, I would say nice things also, if that meant they might invite me to play the game before release again.
Another money post.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2011, 07:11 AM   #92
Rookie

OVR: 0
i honestly like the bull rush it would be nice to see the ol man grab the dl man and drag him down or hold a leg or somthing to save the qb. i have seen that happen more than a few times but i agree i hope it doesnt happen often
Old 05-05-2011, 07:39 AM   #93
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

I am sorry, but I do not like this new Bull Rush animation at all. I am not sure what EA's obsession with Linemen constantly falling to the ground in their football games is. In NCAA 11, it was the Offensive Linemen instantly "pancaking" the Defensive Linemen at the line of scrimmage when you attempted a pass rush move. Now we have the opposite in Defensive Linemen just bowling over Offensive Linemen with Bull Rushes?!?! If this particular Bull Rush animation is a RARE occurrence, then I have no issues with it, but if this is THE one and only Bull Rush animation, then I am highly disappointed.

You simply do not see Linemen falling to the ground and consistently being dominated with Bull Rush moves like this. As others have stated, a Bull Rushing Lineman should be pushing the pocket and generally have his hands under the Offensive Lineman's face mask, or on his outside shoulders pushing the O-Lineman backwards in to the RB/QB. That's what I see most of the time when I see a good Bull Rush. I like that EA adds new things like this to their games, I just wish they wouldn't be so over the top/unrealistic with them. It's almost like they saw one clip of Marcel Dareus or Nick Fairley do this last season and then said: "Let's make this a regular occurrence in NCAA 12".

Again, I am glad that line play is getting attention in NCAA 12, but it needs to be in a much more realistic manner. We need to see DE's running a proper arc to the QB, while using REALISTIC pass rush moves (e.g. spins, rip moves, speed rush, etc...). We need to see 4-3 DE's try to get AROUND the O-Linemen to the QB, instead of looking to engage Linemen and then break free with the same "dip move" we have seen for years (3-4 Linemen, who are essentially DT's, look to occupy blockers, not 4-3 ends).

As I said before, if this Bull Rush animation is rare, then I guess I am fine with it, but if not, then color me very concerned. Line play in BOTH EA football titles needs some serious attention, and while this may be a step in that direction, I am not sure it is the right step.

A perfect example of a great Bull Rush, I didn't see one Lineman instantly knocked to the ground in this video:

Last edited by Illustrator76; 05-05-2011 at 08:10 AM.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:02 AM   #94
Banned

Koach Vonner's Arena

OVR: 0
Now this Bull Rush video is a great example of a Bull Rush and a quality post. Great job illustrator!!!! You can even YouTube Oline vs Dline 1 on 1 drills.
Also notice that the left "DE" bull rushes with only 1 arm!! And he still didn't put the Olineman on his butt. Another great example of different animations. Might be harder to incorporate than any of us could ever imagine though.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:34 AM   #95
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Well, I'll wait for game footage and the demo before I comment one way or the other on this issue.

If that bull rush animation happens a lot, then it's a big concern. If it happens on a rare occasion similar to college or pro football, not a big deal.

I'm hoping those were 3 over powering DL vs weak OL.

Here's a bull rush from Suh. Reggie White use to knock people down on bull rushes on occasion too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-cYj...eature=related
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2011, 08:41 AM   #96
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Well, I'll wait for game footage and the demo before I comment one way or the other on this issue.

If that bull rush animation happens a lot, then it's a big concern. If it happens on a rare occasion similar to college or pro football, not a big deal.

I'm hoping those were 3 over powering DL vs weak OL.

Here's a bull rush from Suh. Reggie White use to knock people down on bull rushes on occasion too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-cYj...eature=related
Oh, I am very familiar with that Suh guy, lol . I agree that the Bull Rush knockdown happens, but just not that often. Even in that video, Suh ended up falling down as well, he didn't just truck and move on. My concern is that this is the ONLY Bull Rush animation in NCAA 12, which would be a huge issue IMHO. I just don't want the exception to become the norm with things like this, because that has kind of been the EA way lately.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »