Home

Madden NFL 12 Franchise Mode Details, More Coming Monday (IGN)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Franchise Mode Details, More Coming Monday (IGN) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2011, 05:12 PM   #81
43M
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 12 Franchise Mode Details, More Coming Monday (IGN)

Okay...this is impressive...and was a needed change.

If it has a working IR and tradable future draft picks, I am definitely getting this day one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2011, 05:13 PM   #82
Rookie

smace767's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 12 - Any Given Sunday in Franchise Mode (IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mburke2
I thought the same thing too at first. But then I thought about it a bit more and I can see where they're coming from. Say Vick's overall is a 92 (just a guess). At times he can certainly play as poorly as a 72 OVR player so I suppose 20 pts isn't too big of a stretch, but I think 15 is prbly closer to what it should be IMO.

I think that when things swing 20 points its in most cases its meant from high range to low range. If rated 88 being the rating then his high limit is 98 and his low limit is78.

Picture Vick an 88 ovr qb. He leads the Eagles to a last second win week 2.
He comes in week three now rated 98 after that big performance.

For three qrts he is shredding the Cowboys in week three, performing like a 98 ovr player. But in the last 4 minutes he throws a pick 6 and fumbles twice and the Eagles lose the game.

The next week his confidence is down and he comes in rated 78 for week 4. Now you must tailor your game plan to a lower rated 78 ovr qb.

can't wait!

hopefully there is dynamic progression and dynamic potential. meaning you come in an A potential player at a 78 ovr.

At A potential you could end up a 80-99 ovr player.
Some A's could be 87 to 99. Some A's are 90-99. The range of potential fluctuates. Also you could have more career changing/ending injuries or just straight busts. guys Who have A potential but just dont progress.

The performance and role determines how you progress. If you ride the bench you progress a little the early years, but if you keep an A potential guy on the bench you wold stay at the low end or his potential drops 5- to 10 points and you see your A potential guy is now a B

This would add so much to a franchise. Do you play that young guy and try and get him progressed to his full potential? Do you bench or trade the young guy who is inconsistent but has a higher ceiling or let him play. Or do you play the steady performer and try to win now?

The answers are what coaches and GMs get paid to decide.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:18 PM   #83
Banned

OVR: 7

Looks like they are learning from 2k, with players playing like they do in real life and roles. I hope the pull it off well. Still hoping for training camp.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:20 PM   #84
MVP

OVR: 23
Some cool info. As was said, I hope the IR thing is finally fixed.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:21 PM   #85
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Block-O
They're not saying Vick will be up 20 and down 20 the next. 20 is the max and i bet it rarely happens.
I'm not sure where they got that number. I don't think it's that big of a swing. Really it's not overall based, it's individual ratings, so we never recalculate the overall.

Even if it is... if Mike Vick is a 91, for instance, that means he can play like a 71 some games, or like a 99 some games. Doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility to me (though I think Vick has reached a level where he's not QUITE that inconsistant... but Cutler is).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
FYI EA Adrain Peterson only fumble one time last year.. I like what I'm hearing..... Finally Franchise Mode is back in Madden!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikefan24
Adrian Peterson fumbled ONE time last year..
Sure... how many times did he fumble in the one game before last year?

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2011, 05:22 PM   #86
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Madden NFL 12 - Any Given Sunday In Franchise Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsoxguy12
Wow, this is a great addition. It's really going to change how I sign free agents and draft rookies...

Nice but what about off-season/front office stuff????? They are adding stuff aren't they???

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 05-13-2011, 05:24 PM   #87
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18

awesome, awesome news! And Looman said that there's a ton more to come on Monday. I may have to change my signature come Monday.

Quote:
WTFitsDaveyJ @Josh_Looman You mean there's MORE?!

Josh_Looman Josh Looman

@WTFitsDaveyJ Much more. I think the blog I turned in this week was more than 10 pages long with images. That's just the tip of the iceberg.

Commissioner of Sim Madden League Europe. Established league for sim players in Europe. Join here:
SML - Europe PS4 Madden Online Franchise
Old 05-13-2011, 05:32 PM   #88
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Sure... how many times did he fumble in the one game before last year?
Is that really fair though? If the guy fumbles one time all last season, then he either had a crazy year, or improved his ball handling skills a lot.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »