Home

Madden NFL 12 Hands-On Impressions (LeagueManager)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Hands-On Impressions (LeagueManager) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2011, 09:50 PM   #169
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: Madden NFL 12 Hands-On Impressions (LeagueManager)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner_22
Thank goodness.

Remember in '11 when a running back could run through a 335 pound DT like they were a kicker? Please tell me thats gone.

Also what about "jersey pulls"? Like for example a guy trying to make a tackle goes for broke and pulls a guy down by his jersey.
I didnt see any running backs throwing around DT's but that all depends on player momentum and attributes.

Not sure on jersey pulls but i did see several new tackle animations that were slick including a shoulder pad grab tackle... almost a horse collar.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:51 PM   #170
Rookie

OVR: 0

Were you able to tell if all the new camera angles and pregame cut scenes tied together with commentary/stat overalys to create more of a broadcast feel? I noticed that in NCAA, the team intros at the beginning of each game seemed to have been on their own, with no broadcast feel to it.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:52 PM   #171
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
Script-

can u discuss the gameplay camera's?...are there the same amount as last year?.....is the zoomed camera the same as last year?

in terms of animations for WR's/DB's...are there new ones?
Every camera angle you see at the stadium is in the game in one way or another. That is every camera angle from EVERY stadium is authentic. Wait til you see the different field goal cameras (Oakland especially). I didnt notice much difference in the WR DB interaction, but it may be there... really didnt focus on it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2011, 09:54 PM   #172
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31
Thanks for doing this Casey. Do you know or was it mentioned how many new animations were added this year?
Oh no worries as long as everyone behaves and has some patience and respect for each other.

Im not sure if it was mentioned or not but there are a TON! Especially the the going up for the ball/receiver getting laid out animations.

Last edited by CRMosier_LM; 05-21-2011 at 09:59 PM.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:55 PM   #173
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

^^^^ thanks bud...but what about the gameplay camera's....not the cut-scene ones
Old 05-21-2011, 09:56 PM   #174
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
Did you ever see the ball go through the players body into the opponents hands? Or see the ball go through anything unrealistic at all?
no I didnt see the ball morph at all, but i'm sure its going to happen... thats nearly impossible to correct without adding a ridiculous amount of contact points on each hand.

and yes I saw a little corner back tackle Hillis high... Pissed me off! lol... a CB should piss his pants when they see Hillis coming.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:57 PM   #175
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
^^^^ thanks bud...but what about the gameplay camera's....not the cut-scene ones
I never switched cameras from the default. but it seems to me that the default has been zoomed out a shade... I may be wrong though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2011, 10:03 PM   #176
Banned

for anyone that is interested i posted this blog we are talking about in my area along with the community event blog from league Manager site. And remember if they decide not to do anything with online franchise (trust me, I dont know what they are gonna do... they have been very hush hush with the online features with us except one) we have you covered over there with the LM tool (shameless plug!!!! Dont kill me for it mods)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »