Home

First NHL 12 Video Posted, New Release Date Set [UPDATE: Extra Info Added]

This is a discussion on First NHL 12 Video Posted, New Release Date Set [UPDATE: Extra Info Added] within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2011, 12:22 AM   #65
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: What's new in NHL 12? Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jattbreed
I just want presentation, real faces, BE A GM FIXED!!! New sim engine (not Crosby getting 67 pts in 82 games, even if I give him 99 stats in everything. I like online as is, I'm a more drop in OTP player.

I am completely ignoring the stupid glass breaking, tie ups, Winter Classic crap, I've seen it before in other games by EA and the Winter Classic would've been surprising to me if it was in the game 3 years ago, not now. Give me something real EA, not this sugar coated crap.
Lol. How is battling in front of the net sugar coated crap? Do you not want this game to resemble what we see in real-life?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2011, 12:33 AM   #66
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Lol. How is battling in front of the net sugar coated crap? Do you not want this game to resemble what we see in real-life?
It's not as long it plays out realistically, as does the rest of the game. At this point, there is issues with the rest of the game(AI,Skating and Puck Physics). So even though it all adds a level of authenticity to the game, it's all for not if the rest of the gameplay is largely the same. That's just my opinion. Add all you want, but if it plays like crap, what does it matter and when do you fix what needs to be fixed? Kudos to EA again for the apparent Presentation upgrade. I just hope the gameplay and BAGM recieved similar love.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:45 AM   #67
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Agreed! I thought most people wanted net battles. Plus net battles are probably the most important part to hockey. Most goals are scored doing the dirty work in front of the net. Now we are actually able to control that. The video said they added in total control. I assume it's like what they had for last gens games where you hit a button and it switches to whatever guy you want on the rink no matter where the puck is. I'm also assuming they will have different buttons corresponding to the different moves that NHL defenseman do to cover players in front of the net. I believe this could be a major gameplay change if it's done well.

I also thought a lot of people wanted the goalies to feel a part of the game. This has been added. Ya the video doesn't have much glitz, but it is a good start. We have to remember that this is only the first video. Plus we will really never know how everything will play out until we actually play the game for ourselves.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 05-25-2011, 01:25 AM   #68
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
Agreed! I thought most people wanted net battles. Plus net battles are probably the most important part to hockey. Most goals are scored doing the dirty work in front of the net. Now we are actually able to control that. The video said they added in total control. I assume it's like what they had for last gens games where you hit a button and it switches to whatever guy you want on the rink no matter where the puck is. I'm also assuming they will have different buttons corresponding to the different moves that NHL defenseman do to cover players in front of the net. I believe this could be a major gameplay change if it's done well.

I also thought a lot of people wanted the goalies to feel a part of the game. This has been added. Ya the video doesn't have much glitz, but it is a good start. We have to remember that this is only the first video. Plus we will really never know how everything will play out until we actually play the game for ourselves.
Yes, they are both cool aspects to add to the game, BUT based on the video I'm wary of the goalie interaction. If the Goalie interfence penalty is touch or has to potential to be, this will be a very welcome addition. Last year there was a problem with Interference, so I really hope they have that fixed or there will be problems with these two new features.

The checking through the glass and such is also nice, so long as it's a rare occasion. If it happens often, the game starts resembling Hitz rather than a Hockey.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:35 AM   #69
Banned

OVR: 12
I love how people go on rants about features that add to the immersion of the game and whinge about gameplay before they've actually seen it.

I liked the video and can't wait to see more.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:42 AM   #70
Pro

jaiman's Arena

OVR: 5
Show me a simple picture of a new real life broadcast camera and I will be sold. Please tell me they added this in! The first step to a presentation overhaul IMO.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:18 AM   #71
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: First NHL 12 Video Posted, New Release Date Set (UPDATE: Extra Info Added)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Visualizer

I like the fighting for position in the crease, that's a good addition and "everything is live" hopefully means sticks interact with everything when you are carrying them so you can't dangle thru people's limbs anymore.
These are a couple of big ones for me.

The fighting for position in the crease, will hopefully lead to a lot more battles for the puck in and around the paint.

And as you mentioned about the sticks hopefully no longer morphing through things, [legs, etc..] I think that would make a big difference in how the game plays. Huge advantage to the puck carrier when his stick has really no barriers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2011, 02:19 AM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: First NHL 12 Video Posted, New Release Date Set (UPDATE: Extra Info Added)

You could tie up players in from of the net in NHL 07 on 360. It was actually quite well done.

I dont know a whole lot about playing defense in Hockey, so I would just go and tie up guys in fron tof the net. It gave me something clear to do
rather than flailing and button mashing. The animation was cool too.

I was quite annoyed that it vanished from all subsequent iterations. Glad
its making a comeback but like all the other stuff, its nothing new.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »