Home

NBA 2K12 Video - Gameplay with Playstation Move

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Video - Gameplay with Playstation Move within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2011, 12:02 AM   #113
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: NBA 2K12 Video - Gameplay with Playstation Move

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
the graphics can't improve any more...they've maxed out the power of the current systems...
Why do so many people say this? How do you know? Do you work in the industry?
Old 06-08-2011, 12:12 AM   #114
All Star

Jonesy's Arena

OVR: 27

I really hope they don't try to put too much into the move capabilities for the selfish reason that I couldn't care less about it.

If I wanted a Wii I would have bought one and I just don't see how this sort of controller will ever give a user the same sense of control that a tradition game pad with 8+ buttons and a pressure sensitive stick will. Now a full body suit with real time motion capture might give more control but is a few years away and not that practical but waving a little stick around will never do it imo.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:03 AM   #115
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy
I really hope they don't try to put too much into the move capabilities for the selfish reason that I couldn't care less about it.

If I wanted a Wii I would have bought one and I just don't see how this sort of controller will ever give a user the same sense of control that a tradition game pad with 8+ buttons and a pressure sensitive stick will. Now a full body suit with real time motion capture might give more control but is a few years away and not that practical but waving a little stick around will never do it imo.
I couldn't agree more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2011, 01:05 AM   #116
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalsanto0026
Agreed. Every year developers find a way to make an adjustment here or there which improves the overall look of the game. Been that way forever.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:34 AM   #117
MVP

OVR: 25

Looking at the video, I've noticed they got rid of the push back animation when you're trying to get past a defender. =)
Old 06-08-2011, 06:40 AM   #118
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I love 2K11 and I think the layups and dunks are very well done, I'm happy with those, but it's the transitional movements that look robotic. I'm not sure what can be done to rectify this as I'm not a developer but it's something that stands out when the rest of the animations look so good.
Understood ! I get that. I was confused at first because I thought the layups and dunks were what you were referring to. Thanks for the clarification. I don't know what they can do about that part. I fear it may only get worse as they attempt to give the user more control to break out of any situation. Or they could just be bad transitional ani's LOL IDK. FIXIT anyway !
Old 06-08-2011, 06:45 AM   #119
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Dal not to speak out of turn here but I think this response is for those few looking to have their socks blown off graphically this deep into a console's lifespan. So I believe they can make adjustments and improvement's each year as they have done. But we'll have to wait and see if they can make the game look THAT much better. So it's just a degree of expected improvement I think but I'm just speculating.

If I were them and they did have the capacity to blow out graphics I would wait until 2k13 because they will need that coat of paint to look newer vs the brand new EA offering.

Again were really deep in this consoles life to be expecting some new discovery I think but IDK for certain.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:59 AM   #120
Sitting by the door

Dice's Arena

OVR: 21

Hey Czar,

Will 2K allow you to preview the game so you can give us that excellent breakdown of game play that you gave us last year?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »