Home

NCAA Football 12 Demo Details Revealed, EA Demo Stream Available

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Demo Details Revealed, EA Demo Stream Available within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2011, 02:42 PM   #185
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: NCAA Football 12 Demo Details Revealed Today, Demo Streaming LIVE Now

Tune shotgun running ? I doubt it........

If they couldn't tune shotgun running last year or scrambling QBs last year via tuner or patch.......

I doubt they will be able to tune it this year far as shotgun running goes.....

You can't tune whats not in the engine. And apparently running out of the spread offense isn't in their engine. Because out of all the videos I seen, everytime the cpu try to run out of the shotgun it is automatic 5 yard lost.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2011, 02:42 PM   #186
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
They blatantly said u have to use the coaches playbook of the college team you go to.
He's talking about using Teambuilder playbooks for you're HS team(s), not using a custom playbook in RTG.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:44 PM   #187
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
I also have to say, that I think EA relies too much on just releasing "tuner packs." When Ben was asked questions about fixing issues in the game in previous videos he would say "we tuned this" or "we tuned that," well maybe instead of tuning we need rip stuff out and rebuild a better part to put back in to make it work better from the ground up.
This

And that's a perfect analogy
Old 06-21-2011, 02:45 PM   #188
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigsca
So, tell me why a critical piece of gameplay that has never functioned properly in multiple iterations of the game -- such as PA passing or the ability for the CPU to run out of the spread -- will be fixed in the short timeframe between demo build and final release? Now, if they mention it being fixed that's one thing, but it sounds to me like they've ignored these issues for a while and have no intent to fix them in such a short time period.
I don't play demos or get up in arms about early builds, but my thinking is the same on this issue. Given how poorly these things were implemented in NCAA 11, I would have thought that these glaring gameplay flaws would have already been totally fixed in even the early builds that they chose to allow the public to see.

Its seems that these things were not a high priority issue for them, which to me is totally inexplicable, given how greatly it affects games vs. the CPU.

Were there not enough people on the gameplay team or enough time in the development cycle to fix the zones, exponentially reduce the suctioning/warping, and fix CPU shotgun/read option logic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14
Chase also witnessed a very aggressive Baylor spread attack take me apart.

I think this issue has more to do with Oregon than "spread" teams. For some reason the Ducks can't seem to get any type of ground game going out of the shotgun, yet other CPU teams I saw at E3 with similar offenses were pretty dynamic.
I hope this is the case.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:45 PM   #189
MVP

OVR: 19
Well I missed 90% of the Upstream, so I thought I would look through the responses here.

I will say that this site has gone down quite a bit on the discussion side compared to about 4 years ago.
I don't know how or why, but now it seems that even those on Staff have taken to the road of "Attacking" in their responses.

I wanted to read about good discussion about the demo, but found little info to help me to get an idea on the 90% I missed.

Oh well!!

It seems from most gamer reponses that Player Ratings and Sliders will need tweaking again to get Shotgun/Option Teams to behave somewhat better.
-And to think that there is some serious reason why we can't edit recruit ratings during Dynasty play to help in this area.

Also seems like RTG is this year's "New Slogan" they've chosen to ride as the big draw.
-I'm sure I'll find something fun about it as I always do with any sports game.

I like that he said that FATIGUE will be a factor.
My concern is that this will only showcase within RTG and not Dynasty.

I know that YouTube will be flooded with Demo breakdown's by June 29th.
It will be fun to see.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:45 PM   #190
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
Then something is broken if that is the case.
Especially since Oregon has double the rushing yards of their opponents last season.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:47 PM   #191
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I don't play demos or get up in arms about early builds, but my thinking is the same on this issue. Given how poorly these things were implemented in NCAA 11, I would have thought that these glaring gameplay flaws would have already been totally fixed in even the early builds that they chose to allow the public to see.

Its seems that these things were not a high priority issue for them, which to me is totally inexplicable, given how greatly it affects games vs. the CPU.

Were there not enough people on the gameplay team or enough time in the development cycle to fix the zones, exponentially reduce the suctioning/warping, and fix CPU shotgun/read option logic.

I hope so this is the case.
Take note Chase!

It seems that you are the only one who doesn't get it as I am reading money post after money post.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2011, 02:48 PM   #192
Rookie

woody56's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
Good answer for editing players in dynasty
what was said?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »