Home

NCAA Football 12 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (360, PS3) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2011, 08:06 AM   #49
Rookie

Tennessee's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA Football 12 Demo Impressions (360) PS3 Demo Available Later This Afternoon

There is a glitch with the playart if you scroll around on special teams. Someone around the 3rd or 4th set of plays it doesn't line up properly.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:07 AM   #50
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: NCAA Football 12 Demo Impressions (360) PS3 Demo Available Later This Afternoon

HB Counter out of the gun works! Finally. Shotgun wing offset is even better for duck fans this year. The dive works very well as well as the read option where the mesh point is close to the LOS.

Loving the run game out of the shotgun.

Last edited by J-Unit40; 06-28-2011 at 09:07 AM.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:09 AM   #51
Pro

huntt26's Arena

OVR: 11

The PA announcer says things like "another Texas First Down!" which is really neat. The band has more songs, the drumlines sound better than years past.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2011, 08:11 AM   #52
Pro

huntt26's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
HB Counter out of the gun works! Finally. Shotgun offset is even better for duck fans this year. The dive works very well as well as the read option where the mesh point is close to the LOS.

Loving the run game out of the shotgun.
Yes, for human it is great, but I haven't seen a zone read run successfully by the CPU yet.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:12 AM   #53
Pro

huntt26's Arena

Pass rush looks good on both sides
Old 06-28-2011, 08:13 AM   #54
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52

how's the CPU blitz? do you still get the all out blitz every 3rd and long leaving the slot receiver open for an easy big gain?
Old 06-28-2011, 08:16 AM   #55
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Just started playing. I'm FSU playing Bama and on Bamas first play from scrimmage Trent Richardson takles it full yard!!! Half his OLine was out in front of him all the way to the end zone LOL!!!

I like th efact that you can choose to play the demo on Varsity, All-American or Heisman. That way you can get a feel of what will be the best level and what slider adjustments will need to be made when the game drops.

Kickoffs feel great so far. I have the feeling of at least being able to gain some yards past the 20 and with the right lane may be able to bust one.

On my first offensive series, my first play was a pass play. I dropped back with Manuel and he had enough time to lean over and tie his shoes and thenstand back upright and pass the ball. I can understand that against Lil Sisters Of The Poor...but not Bama!!!

Playing on Heisman!

I like the CPU passing game on Heisman. It doesn't feel cheap to me...at least not in the demo. The QB makes reads and checks down. He completes whats there but not all is completed. I hope the CPU passing game is like that in retail. I don't want to dumb the QB down with sliders.

Last edited by TarHeelPhenom; 06-28-2011 at 08:29 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2011, 08:16 AM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 15
Youtube videos and the demo are 2 different things when I comes to presentation. This game looks nice.

The gameplay is a lot more fluid. Here are things I noticed about gameplay.

+ I can't do the miracle last second pitches anymore.
+ They finally have untimed downs
+ LB's don't jump like they're on the moon to bat down passes anymore
+ Loving the tackles. Smooth interactions between the bc and the tackler
+ CPU QB AI is much better at moving around.
+ Run blocking is way better at both levels, not just at the LOS like last year.
+ I see more double team blocks now. Nice.
+ Acceleration is a lot better than last year
- Agility isn't
- Zone defender slides around faster than in real life
- DB's still have trouble catching easy picks thrown right at them.

Looks like the most solid NCAA of this gen. Nice job guys

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »