Home

NBA 2K12 Legends Not Available Online

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Legends Not Available Online within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2011, 12:40 AM   #177
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K12 Legends Not Available Online

My copy is paid for, still will enjoy the game but VERY disappointed with the news. Hopefully this is not final. I split time online and offline 50/50. I mostly play with a small circle of friends and family. We are able to get together and play every now and then, but with work schedules and families online games are more convenient. As basketball fans we have these debates throughout the year about who would beat who and which team was the best. This would be the ultimate game for fans of not only the nba but nba history as well. 2k is about to give gamers blue balls lol.
Old 09-19-2011, 03:57 AM   #178
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
So now your "armchair" public relations,

SMH. So sick of hearing the term "bad PR" thrown around here......especially when it makes absolutely no sense. Do you even know what "PR" includes? This post is just ridiculous on so many levels.

The game not having the legends you want, or the mode not catering to what you feel it should be is NOT "bad PR". What makes your post even more ridiculous is the support the original NBA JAM got...but thats the game you rather play.

just, stop.
I believe I know the roll of a RP department, and the vast amount of resources that a company spends on it. My point was more that 2k spends too much of their resources on gimmicks that try to sell a few more copies instead of dedicating more time to the actual functionality of the game. The decision to make the 91 Warriors and 02 Kings preorder only was clearly a move from the PR/Marketing department, a decision that inevitably made the developers' jobs more difficult and could have very well prevented classic teams from being playable online. Announcing the "Greatest Mode" before realizing they couldn't actual make a mode that made sense to go along with the name also made the developers jobs more difficult than necessary. The PR department at 2k, in my opinion, does more harm than good. Especially to hardcore online gamers.

I'd be willing to bet that 99% of their fan base would rather them get rid of the greatest mode and the preorder bonus and just make all of the teams available out of the box and have the classic teams available online. This would have been much simpler, but also wouldn't have given them a fake selling point to appeal to the casual gamers.

So, basically what I'm saying is: fire Ronnie2k and the rest of the state college marketing degree dummies and spend the money saved on some decent servers!
Old 09-19-2011, 05:28 AM   #179
Rookie

smh ...i dont get it...2k knows that we all want that option...how could they drop the rock...FUMBLE!!!
Old 09-19-2011, 05:48 AM   #180
Rookie

Ken North's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruggedrum
That is just stupid, maybe if we make enough of a fuss on blogs they will change this. I mean you have them on the covers we should be able to play online. That was my main hope and reason why I was going to buy this game.
We're a little over a week from release. They're not going to change anything significant at this point.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:48 AM   #181
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax17
Don't care personally.

As far as any logical reasons why it's not in.. well there aren't any good reasons, maybe conflicts with the filters and the 3-point line for ex. what if the 60's Celtics play the 93 Magic would you use the black&white and would there be a 3-point line. Of course maybe they could have added all these options for you to choose before game but didn't have time.
good reasoning but the bad thing is youre not a 2k dev madmax. if 2k is the one exactly saying this maybe i can understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
I don't play online but this doesn't make sense to me, didn't they allow you to use classic teams last year? IMO a lot of the classic teams aren't even over powering compared to teams of today, in fact I think they could make for a lot of good match-ups so I can't see the reasoning being that the classic teams would be unfair. Hopefully 2k will give an explanation this week, if not change their decision.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabri3l3
not a big problem for me... but a major letdown for who's really interested in legends
i plan to buy this game because of these legends. its a major major letdown actually

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloncho11
It is true that online has not been 2K's forte, and making these teams available online may add to the problem instead of making it better.

I'm sure the 2K team had this in mind, but the technical fallibility of actually implementing it may have be the main reason of the classic teams being dropped for online.
i'm not quite sure of that because i've never even heard 2k say anything about their online system. they dont even had an online insight for 2k11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knickerbocker
I still hope the news is bogus though and will continue to hope so until 2k tells us that we are indeed unable to play with the legends online.
Quote:
Oh come on with all this techincal problems BS. Truth is noone knows why they didn't include them (I'm still waiting for an official confirmation by 2k).
exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Throne2K11
Look unless your a developer, then you don't know the actual reason to why the classic teams won't be available online. To many people on this site tend to think they know it all, must most of the time are dead wrong. Let's stop crying and let the Dev's give us the reason for this issue.
too frank but very well said playa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
I don't know what is wrong with 2k sports, I am just a person on the internet and even I have the answer, listen up 2k just go to your computer and type allow classic teams to play online, how difficult was that, and 2k here is the answer for your other online issues just type get new servers, there you go problem solved, I am a genius.
Quote:
Or alternate scenario:

I understand you completely 2ksports, I am just a person on the internet but even I understand how hard is to implement classic teams to play online, it's really, really difficult. Oh and 2k, don't even bother with new servers I know just how hard and expensive is to get those. No need to solve your problems. I love you just the way you are, with all of your little imperfections.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy
Dear 2k/Take Two Management -

There's this term going around called "The Cloud." It's this great concept of about putting pretty much everything on the internet. I mean everything. Music, documents, photos, software, even games (multiplayer games at that). It's the hottest term in the industry and even stock investors are buying up Cloud based companies. It's safe to say that sooner or later, everything is going to be based off of internet. Look at Steam, it is an entire library of games I can play through my internet connection, some even multiplayer.

No matter how much you fight it, Online is going to be the wave of the future. Internet connections are going to replace telephone lines, and eventually everyone except farmers are going to be on high speed connections.

So do all your paying customers a favor and get on board. Let's be honest, I'm still going to buy your game because of the hard work you put into other areas (and you're also the only game in town - literally). But even though EA is way behind you all right now for Basketball games, we can all hear their footsteps in the distance. And the one area in which they've always had you beat is devoting resources to their online components. I hope for your sake you get on board - but right now your opponent is on the ground and you all are basically standing over him leaving your groin wide open.

That is all.
^^hopefully 2k reads these posts thoroughly and explains the issue to at least try put an end to this 'online' disappointment and different/indifferent consumer speculations.

i believe it takes a 2k developer or representative to answer all these to somehow calm some affected ones down.

remember the charles barkley subject. people including me got a little annoyed why he still aint in this 2k12. then 2k finally explained why he's not there. and just like that, the concerned fans somehow stfu and stopped complaining, and leave them hoping they get him for 2k13.

2k needs to say something about their online system and specifically why these legends teams arent playable online, because the following line is really not pleasing to read imo, and its in the title of this thread:
NBA 2K12 Legends Not Available Online
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2011, 08:00 AM   #182
Pro

OVR: 13
This 'inexcusable' decision by 2K really does take some of the luster off of the shine of 2K12 right off the bat. Count me in as extremely disappointed!

BigBlue
Old 09-19-2011, 08:17 AM   #183
MVP

PaperBoyx703's Arena

OVR: 22

So this year's 2k has a weakness after all ...I'm still getting it.
YouTube: TBD
Old 09-19-2011, 08:20 AM   #184
MVP

PaperBoyx703's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giammajo
From the looks of this thread, most people are either "online" players, or "offline players. ...
What are the other options again?
YouTube: TBD

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »