Home

FIFA Soccer 12 (360) Review

This is a discussion on FIFA Soccer 12 (360) Review within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2011, 03:09 AM   #17
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5
^^ 8.5 is clearly way too high.Let's put it down:
Pros:
- Animations
- Impact Engine
- Graphics (on pc)
- Sliders

Cons:
- Teammate AI
- CPU AI (Same build up over and over, same goals, only stars attempt long range shots)
- Single player modes.BaP is stale,carrer mode uninspiring.
- No fouls
- No tactical changes in game by the cpu

On the other hand Pes12 pros are Fifa's cons!So far as I see it:
Fifa12 only for online gaming,Pes12 for an incredible offline experience mainly because of the Active AI which at times is impressive.

My score for fifa is 8.For pes is 8.5.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:46 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2
I think the teammate artificial intelligence needs to be tweaked but its not as bad as people think it is. I think a lot of players just miss runs made by their teammates. How many times in build up play do people like myself either ignore the player making a run into open space or make a bad pass to him. The other thing is the back line plays so deepand compact they leave little space for a through ball. I see attacking players especially strikers play off the shoulders of defenders more effectively and particularly against fullbacks. This gives them more room to operate and opens up the possibility of stretching the defensive line so midfielders can find the space which most do.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:01 AM   #19
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5
^^ Teammate AI in defense is broken or non existent.Period.You can easily see it in Be a Pro mode.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:33 AM   #20
Rookie

chelios7's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: FIFA Soccer 12 (360) Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master STS
" It used to be the insane team press on FIFA 11, now this year it’s backpassing. Yes, there are some players who, once they have taken the lead, will pass you to death and take advantage of this year's lack of pressure button. Technically, you can counter this by tweaking your own tactics to just as extreme levels, but by then no part of the game will resemble a real football match anymore. "

That's why I won't buy a football game this year, it just doesn't step up the realism from a player's/viewer's perspective. Goals are monotonous and you don't see any real football tactics and plays.
Honestly, this is the first time where I feel like I really have to set up things and play as a team instead of just running down the wings and crossing the ball in for a goal. I've been playing FIFA for a long time and this is the closest to a team game that I have played in a long time. After going in yesterday and adjusting some of the team tactics its even better.

I was playing as Tottenham vs. Everton yesterday and had a beautiful goal with Bale that easily mirrored his goals against AC Milan last year. I worked the bale into their end, opened them up with some good passes, slid it through to Bale and he cut across the face of the goal and curled one into the top corner right where Howard couldnt reach it. I definitely didnt have goals that felt like that last year.

Yes, its not perfect, but for a videogame its fantastic.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:34 AM   #21
Rookie

chelios7's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: FIFA Soccer 12 (360) Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
^^ Teammate AI in defense is broken or non existent.Period.You can easily see it in Be a Pro mode.
I continually switch player control and dont rely on my teammates for anything other than an extra body to press with. It requires a lot more play on my part, but I prefer it to the instant D button from last year.

And as far as your CPU AI never changing what they do, I had a completely different experience yesterday in my Tottenham v. Everton game yesterday where I went into halftime up 3-0 and had Everton come out and attack and press like crazy and cut the lead to 3-2 within 10 minutes of the half. I can tell you that the team that put 2 on me in 10 minutes wasnt the same team that laid back and watched me work for the previous 45 minutes. Not even close. This may have been the exception and not the rule, but they were certainly playing a lot tighter in the second half.

Last edited by chelios7; 09-30-2011 at 09:38 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2011, 07:52 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0
Only if FIFA12 had Liquid A.I. like Madden '98 Football. Don't get caught up in the "Tactical Defending and Impact Engine" marketing tricknology. I have not played the game so I have no opinion, but my opinion is always based solely on the gameplay and not the modes. The extra modes are great if you like the game, if you don't then they are inconsequential.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »