Home

Tiger Woods 13: Country Clubs Online Feature Details, Demo Date Announced

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods 13: Country Clubs Online Feature Details, Demo Date Announced within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-01-2012, 05:21 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Tiger Woods 13: Country Clubs Online Feature Details, Demo Date Announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
Did you happen to try swinging a real club or club trainer when using the Kinect? Did Christian mention anything about using a real club with it? If not, do you think you would have benefited from having a club in your hands while you were "swinging"?
I did not have a real club and willk likely never use a full club, but I can see myself possibly using a weighted club just longer than a club grip.....and they said you could use a club with no issues other than the possiblility of hitting something in yur entertainment space....
Old 03-01-2012, 05:24 PM   #50
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
Thanks for the info. To expand with my chipping question, does the chipping animation swing look realistic in terms of backswing and speed and just overall natural feel and looking like it would with a real golfer doing the same chip.
I was spending too much time watching the swing meter initially to notice, then when I went to Tournament mode I was focused on getting the ball striker in the right place to notice as well....again, if I had more time, I could comment. I was just trying to learn the new swing and how the ball stricking feature impacts the shot results.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:32 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
I was spending too much time watching the swing meter initially to notice, then when I went to Tournament mode I was focused on getting the ball striker in the right place to notice as well....again, if I had more time, I could comment. I was just trying to learn the new swing and how the ball stricking feature impacts the shot results.
So you found it difficult to keep the right stick steady and in place as you swung the left stick? If that's the case then "yikes" for us PS3 users. The stick is sensitive enough on the DS controller to keep a shot straight but I guess if you're in a PS3 CC with only Dual Shock users then there should be some pretty realistic scoring.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2012, 05:51 PM   #52
MVP

Quote:
So you found it difficult to keep the right stick steady and in place as you swung the left stick? If that's the case then "yikes" for us PS3 users. The stick is sensitive enough on the DS controller to keep a shot straight but I guess if you're in a PS3 CC with only Dual Shock users then there should be some pretty realistic scoring.
I was swinging with the right stick and using the left to set the strike meter and yes, it was not easy at all....this will take come getting used to.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:09 PM   #53
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Divot, I'm a little concerned now about having to watch the strike meter during the swing when using the wireless controller. I like using my golfer's animation to gauge my swing, plus I feel like I'll lose a bit of immersion watching a meter instead of my swing. Curious to get your thoughts on this...
Old 03-01-2012, 06:23 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
Divot, I'm a little concerned now about having to watch the strike meter during the swing when using the wireless controller. I like using my golfer's animation to gauge my swing, plus I feel like I'll lose a bit of immersion watching a meter instead of my swing. Curious to get your thoughts on this...
I would think it would just be something you need to get used to since that type of shot system has never been used before. As long as you have a steady hand it should become 2nd nature with keeping it in place but leaves open the possibility that the stick may go off kilter once in awhile and you shank a shot which is a good thing. It's like paying a FPS and trying to keep your aim as you move, takes awhile getting a feel for it but once you do then it's not a problem.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:31 PM   #55
Rookie

kickingguru's Arena

OVR: 6

I found this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA_EricBusch
The differences are the Swing Difficulty, the presence of the on-screen Swing Meter, as well as the use of Putt Preview and Ball Spin. Swing Difficulty affects a couple of things, first and foremost is the sensitivity to mi**** (both left/right as well as overswing and tempo). On Normal and above, you will also be required to swing your stick diagonally to execute draws and fades.

Swing Difficulty also affects the Strike Meter behavior:
* Easy: Defaults to the center of the ball, and does not need to be held in place during the swing
* Normal: Defaults to the center of the meter, and does not need to be held in place during the swing
* Hard and Expert: Defaults to the center of the meter, and must be held in place during the swing

The Difficulty Levels are as follows:
* Amateur: Easy Swing, Swing Meter, Putt Preview, Ball Spin
* Pro: Normal Swing, Swing Meter, Putt Preview, Ball Spin
* Tour Pro: Hard Swing, Swing Meter, no Putt Preview, no Ball Spin
* Tournament: Expert Swing, no Swing Meter, no Putt Preview, no Ball Spin
* Custom: Any other combination of Swing Difficulty, Swing Meter, Putt Preview, and Ball Spin

The Caddie Mode is a separate setting which can be set independent of the Difficulty Level.
This would indicate to me that Tournament is truly an expert swing... Tour Pro may be where its at. Hopefully, coin bonuses will encourage the "Pro's" in this game to at least abandon Am and default to Pro instead. I would like to see Am be truly for those new to the game and very little incentive for a higher skilled player to use it.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2012, 08:21 PM   #56
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
I would think it would just be something you need to get used to since that type of shot system has never been used before. As long as you have a steady hand it should become 2nd nature with keeping it in place but leaves open the possibility that the stick may go off kilter once in awhile and you shank a shot which is a good thing. It's like paying a FPS and trying to keep your aim as you move, takes awhile getting a feel for it but once you do then it's not a problem.
I hope this proves to be the case Seymour; I do follow your reasoning here. What we haven't seen is how shots are setup with the Kinect. We can't have a strike meter with the Kinect. I just wonder if the Kinect will be able to pick up the height of the hands at impact and judge whether we've hit it thin or fat. Furthermore, will the Kinect be checking to see if we've hit under the ball for an explosion shot, for example?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »