Home

2K's Response to Linsanity

This is a discussion on 2K's Response to Linsanity within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2012, 01:32 PM   #9
Banned

houstonsdream's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: 2K's Response to Linsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
true but thats a smart move on 2k's part.!!!
personally I believe his ball security should be bewteen 65 and 70. anything higher, nope.
its not good to upgrade based on fans starvign for one . player on court play is the only thing that should determine ratings. 2k is turning into a joke when it comes to accurate ratings. We need afeature like nba live has where statistics determine rating instead of fans.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:58 PM   #10
Pro

hesko's Arena

OVR: 5
just edit it to your liking.
Old 03-03-2012, 02:26 PM   #11
L.A. to S.D. to HI

Boltman's Arena

OVR: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by hesko
just edit it to your liking.
Exactly that ^
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2012, 02:46 PM   #12
Rookie

Goblowsoup's Arena

OVR: 2
As a Knicks fan I think Lin is rated just about right. He's not as quick as they say though, and overall I think Iman Shumpert is a better player with more long term potential (which I believe should be reflected in the game). His early season injury is the only thing that has set him back and the reason I think he's slightly behind Lin in most ratings. He'll be the athletic guard that can shift between the 1 and 2. The team has got a lot of depth when they are healthy.
Old 03-03-2012, 02:55 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonsdream
its not good to upgrade based on fans starvign for one . player on court play is the only thing that should determine ratings. 2k is turning into a joke when it comes to accurate ratings. We need afeature like nba live has where statistics determine rating instead of fans.
its for the pick up and play casuals, and young guns. why do it any other way!!
its a known fact that most sim ballers will take the time to edit certain players or download what they deem to be accurate rosters. and last time I checked there were more casual gamers than hard core sim players.
In addition with all the ratings adjustmenst folks tend to forget a key componenet to these ratings and that's consistency. Lin may have a higher rated jumper than say "Shooter B", but I would say that is safe to say that " shooter B" consistancy rating could be higher. meaning Shooter B, will eventually hit the jumper more often than Lin.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:19 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0
You guys do realize his turnovers are starting to drop since Melo came back and BD and JR Smith are contributing of the bench. Before that he was forced to do alot of things on his own, he forced alot drives even though he blew by quite a few point guards in the league. In D'Antone's offense the point guard is the key to success and when you have no help other than a center that needs to stay around the basket and not a huge offensive threat turnover's will be made.

Also, when he was turning the ball over huge (outside the Miami game) he was averaging 40+ minutes a game and he was still learning. It's not like he faced a bunch of top level talent up to this point, hell he was almost cut again before the Knick point guards started to get injured. Keep watching the kid is getting better every game and while he might not be a top 10 point guard right now, if Melo, Amare, Chandler, JR, Fields, and BD all do there job he will only get better. You will start to see his Assist go up and his turnover's go down. Fan's aren't demanding they up his ratings he deserves all his ratings and probably is underrated in certain aspect like 3 point shooting. The kid might not be a sniper from deep but when he shots it he knocks it down.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:19 PM   #15
Rookie

KensaiKatai's Arena

OVR: 8
he's still underrated. he had 19 points 13 assists 5 rebounds and ONE turnover his last game so he's obviously adapting to the increased pressure he's facing... not to mention how they are hacking him a lot more now. Time will tell but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him at low to mid 80s when the dust settles this season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2012, 04:20 PM   #16
Rookie

PackerBacker123's Arena

OVR: 6
nobody could LINestimate how good the Linicks got after Linsanity.

sorry tired my best

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »