Home

2K's Response to Linsanity

This is a discussion on 2K's Response to Linsanity within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2012, 04:29 PM   #17
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: 2K's Response to Linsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonsdream
so whats reason for 91 quickness and 78 ball control? he leads the league in turnovers and IS NOT as quick as jamal crawford or dwade. they just want to pacify the kids who flood twitter with lin upgrade request.
I'm not saying I agree with all of his ratings, since the rosters I use have him rated a little lower, but just for educational purposes:

http://thebamboxscore.com/2012/02/29/more-linsights/

Dude is a legit athlete.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:44 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1
I've seen all his games since he broke out against NJ and the ratings seem right to me. If he averages over 18 and 8 as a starter over 30 games he should go up to somewhere in the 80s. To this guy below: notice I said IF.

Last edited by Slava Medvadenko; 03-04-2012 at 01:11 AM.
Old 03-03-2012, 08:20 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerBacker123
nobody could LINestimate how good the Linicks got after Linsanity.

sorry tired my best
iknow you tried your best, but estimate has no "in" in estimate. LOL
just because people like the guy and vote for him, doesnt mean his rating should be that high. to have off. awareness that high, you're talking top 5 pg range.
and @Slava, he has not played in over 30 games this season, he really only played during this breakout. he should be at 75-78 range.

Last edited by thetrueBROSKY; 03-03-2012 at 08:21 PM. Reason: A
Old 03-04-2012, 12:07 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

i know alot of people let ESPN program their thinking but against NY opponents online(there's been alot of them lately), Guys who start Shumpert at PG give me alot more problems because of his strength and finishing ability. Lin is nice for onball steals but everything else seems average to me. i dont have to double Lin but sometimes i have to send 2 guys at Shumpert while he has Melo and Smith on the wings which is deadly. dont get it twisted though. Miami still the best team in the game even though i dont run with the top 5 teams.

Last edited by basketballfreak24; 03-04-2012 at 12:12 AM.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:25 AM   #21
Banned

ross6655's Arena

OVR: 5

Wow.. 2k shouldn't just jump on huge rating upgrades like that. Give him a year, if he's keeping it up, bump him up a lot. For now they should have upgraded him like +5 overall, which is still a lot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2012, 07:06 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

They also released his jersey as an avatar item. They only have one for each team but they made an exception for him.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:12 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ross6655
Wow.. 2k shouldn't just jump on huge rating upgrades like that. Give him a year, if he's keeping it up, bump him up a lot. For now they should have upgraded him like +5 overall, which is still a lot.
So he should be a 61 OVR right now?
Old 03-04-2012, 08:32 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 21
This is only more evidence that 2k knows nothing of actual basketball... I stopped playing this game altogether. It's the same 3pt shooting contest it's always been.

Why improve ball security and passing for the worst turnover machine in the league? Hell, IN LEAGUE HISTORY.... 1 + 1 still equals 2, right? Jeremy Lin, himself, said he felt like "HE COULDN'T EVEN DRIBBLE THE BALL" after he got exposed by the Heat.

A QUARTER OF A BILLION DOLLARS IN RETAIL SALES AND WE CAN'T GET REGULAR UPDATES????

GTFOH.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »