Home

Madden NFL 13 Features Playbook Kicks Off April 25th, with Presentation and Gameplay

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Features Playbook Kicks Off April 25th, with Presentation and Gameplay within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2012, 05:04 PM   #73
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 13 Features Playbook Kicks Off April 25th, with Presentation and Gamep

From EA's removed statement the other day

Madden NFL 13 is all new from the ground up, including an online Connected Careers mode where you can build your own personal legacy or relive a legend’s, all while each of your milestones gets broadcast in a socially connected universe. Jim Nantz and Phil Simms call the action from the booth, while you call your own shots using Kinect.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:15 PM   #74
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Madden NFL 13 Features Playbook Kicks Off April 25th, with Presentation and Gamep

Come on, I want to see Franchise improvements too. Hopefully that'l be included in Gameplay. Hopeful the Devs did improve the commentary. The more I think about it, the more I think that NBA 2k12 is a great example for future sports games.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:16 PM   #75
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
I approve of all these faces Sage.

Anyway I enjoy speculation, keep it going.
LOL Chase loves to see us suffering for now. He gets pleasure from that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2012, 05:18 PM   #76
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
From EA's removed statement the other day

Madden NFL 13 is all new from the ground up, including an online Connected Careers mode where you can build your own personal legacy or relive a legend’s, all while each of your milestones gets broadcast in a socially connected universe. Jim Nantz and Phil Simms call the action from the booth, while you call your own shots using Kinect.
Ah, so it IS Kinect-related.

Sad face...

Old 04-23-2012, 05:24 PM   #77
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Who wouldn't want FIFA physics

Old 04-23-2012, 05:31 PM   #78
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Who wouldn't want FIFA physics

LMFAO!! Yea that would be fun. Tons of glitches and guys running all over each. The guys running all over each other reminds me of the days when ambulance ran over players in Madden years ago. Plus I love the rag doll affect aswell. Can't get enough of that.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:48 PM   #79
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I would think it would have to be something like "FIFA Physics" making a small integration into gameplay. I mean honestly what else can be considered "monumental"??? O-line vs D-line integration would be fantastic but hardly monumental. Advancements to the DPP like Big suggests does not seem monumental in my eyes. It would just be a tweak and increase to a already working system.

So my guess would be the integration of the FIFA physics engine. I don't believe it would make a full blown integration with tackles and such. But I could see it making a appearance in WR vs DB jostling while running down field & also going up for jump balls "contact in air". This seems to also jive with the new focus on the passing game.

That is my guess at least, anything less would be a let down in my opinion.
I have diminished my hopes of FIFA's physics because it wasn't announced for NCAA 13 but that doesn't completely rule it out. However, looking at the Madden 12 playbook, it seems DPP was described in much the same way as this next "monumental" change.

http://www.ea.com/madden-nfl/1/feature-playbook

Also, if people take a look at the way FIFA 11's version of "DPP" advanced in FIFA 12, DPP 2.0 in Madden 13 could be a big f'n deal. lol. Especially given the issues in M12 with AI players not performing as well as User controlled players and User controlled players being able override inherent player limitations.

http://fifasoccerblog.com/blog/fifa-...-intelligence/

All that said, I just read a Sports Illustrated article about the "real swing" achieved in EA's Tiger Woods PGA golf game using Kinect and I presume PS3 Move too. I am not against them introducing some aspect of that into Madden with throwing, catching, ball carrying and tackling but I doubt that they are pushing that as a major feature, considering Kinect and Move are not standard console equipment most people have.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:07 PM   #80
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I have diminished my hopes of FIFA's physics because it wasn't announced for NCAA 13 but that doesn't completely rule it out. However, looking at the Madden 12 playbook, it seems DPP was described in much the same way as this next "monumental" change.

http://www.ea.com/madden-nfl/1/feature-playbook

Also, if people take a look at the way FIFA 11's version of "DPP" advanced in FIFA 12, DPP 2.0 in Madden 13 could be a big f'n deal. lol. Especially given the issues in M12 with AI players not performing as well as User controlled players and User controlled players being able override inherent player limitations.

http://fifasoccerblog.com/blog/fifa-...-intelligence/

All that said, I just read a Sports Illustrated article about the "real swing" achieved in EA's Tiger Woods PGA golf game using Kinect and I presume PS3 Move too. I am not against them introducing some aspect of that into Madden with throwing, catching, ball carrying and tackling but I doubt that they are pushing that as a major feature, considering Kinect and Move are not standard console equipment most people have.
Don't care about Kinect and never will get one or use it. Waste of time for me. If it is been advertise as a big feature. Then people will be very upset about it. Most people around here could careless about kinect and all. There is more important things that need to be put above the kinect feature when it comes to madden. I'm really hoping that has nothing to do with gameplay part2. If so then it is a hugh downer for me.

Last edited by PantherBeast_OS; 04-23-2012 at 06:10 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »