Home

Madden NFL 13 Features Playbook Kicks Off April 25th, with Presentation and Gameplay

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Features Playbook Kicks Off April 25th, with Presentation and Gameplay within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2012, 12:04 PM   #137
Straight cash homie

FreAk47's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 13 Features Playbook Kicks Off April 25th, with Presentation and Gamep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageWonder
I'd like to think that most of us rolled our eyes at the overly "fantastical" description of Madden that EA tries to feed us every year. There's nothing wrong with being proud of your work, but describing it as the 2nd coming is standard EA fare that I'm pretty sure we are all very well aware of right now.
Exactly, do I want it to be true? Yes, do I think it's going to be true? Not at all...

I read through the Madden 12 feature list that someone posted and it's like the exact same thing...a bunch of things that were over dramatized and ended up to be hardly noticeable in the game. That "All new collision system" they yacked about last year...pffffff.

No physics, no peace.
Old 04-24-2012, 12:14 PM   #138
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 13 Features Playbook Kicks Off April 25th, with Presentation and Gamep

Ok, I am about to throw a wild idea out about "connected career modes". lol

What if they are allowing gamers to exchange team based stats, accolades, scores and whatnot, from each others career modes?

Meaning, for example if 32 different people each have a separate offline franchise controlling different teams, they can replace any simulated CPU vs CPU game in their franchise with a CPU vs HUM or HUM vs HUM game in someone else's franchise, through the internet. Whenever the two teams each is controlling meet on the schedule, each could choose to not to replace that game or maybe actually play each other if they want, like with the old Live Opponent feature from M07.

Presumably they could do the same thing with superstar mode and online franchise too.

So someone completely not interested in playing a full online franchise and scheduling games could essentially still enjoy a more robust connected franchise experience.

I hope people understand what the heck I am talking about, I really went off the speculating deep end with this one. lol
Old 04-24-2012, 12:53 PM   #139
Rookie

OVR: 0
They spend so much time on intros or cut scenes that I skip. Can we just get a save option for anytime in the game. Also, a user camera option. Last, how about a user, button configuration, controller option.
Old 04-24-2012, 12:53 PM   #140
Rookie

Bulls321974's Arena

OVR: 6
Why don't I believe these announcements as much as I probably should? Maybe because it has been like that pretty much every year since the game was available for next-gen consoles?
Old 04-24-2012, 01:23 PM   #141
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Ok, I am about to throw a wild idea out about "connected career modes". lol

What if they are allowing gamers to exchange team based stats, accolades, scores and whatnot, from each others career modes?

Meaning, for example if 32 different people each have a separate offline franchise controlling different teams, they can replace any simulated CPU vs CPU game in their franchise with a CPU vs HUM or HUM vs HUM game in someone else's franchise, through the internet. Whenever the two teams each is controlling meet on the schedule, each could choose to not to replace that game or maybe actually play each other if they want, like with the old Live Opponent feature from M07.

Presumably they could do the same thing with superstar mode and online franchise too.

So someone completely not interested in playing a full online franchise and scheduling games could essentially still enjoy a more robust connected franchise experience.

I hope people understand what the heck I am talking about, I really went off the speculating deep end with this one. lol
I understand completely what you are saying and think that would be a "so so" feature.

1) Having some guy on my friends list who plays on rookie and likes beating the CPU 107 to 14, I for sure don't want to see this cats scores & stats in my franchise!

2) This is just more stuff to not work correctly and bring in a whole other wirl wind of issues. If they can't make regular ol franchise work correctly they sure as hell would "F" this up. Fix & Tune regular offline franchise where it works as intended & all bugs removed THEN think about these kind of grand ideas.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2012, 02:29 PM   #142
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
And? That describes a lot more than 'just some social gimmick'

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
I guess I was mistaken. I took your post as nothing having to do with social sites like twitter and fb whereas the EA website said it 100% had to do with social media.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:32 PM   #143
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephid
They spend so much time on intros or cut scenes that I skip. Can we just get a save option for anytime in the game. Also, a user camera option. Last, how about a user, button configuration, controller option.
I agree with this. The EA cut scenes just seem so fake and contrived that I end up skipping through most. Whereas 2K's cut scenes and The Show's "cutscenes" flow naturally while playing the game. For example, is it even possible to show a coach on an NFL sideline with only 3 people in a 20 foot radius of him? Yet that is just what the madden cutscene for a coach is. It shows the coach on his headset yacking about something with like 5 people total on the screen with him. Just ends up looking silly.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:11 PM   #144
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

Madden 13 will be built from the ground up. Does this mean they will be replacing the old canned animation system with a physics based system like NHL and Backbreaker? Because this is the only way I am buying this game in August.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »