Home

Madden NFL 13 Features Playbook Kicks Off April 25th, with Presentation and Gameplay

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Features Playbook Kicks Off April 25th, with Presentation and Gameplay within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2012, 07:38 PM   #161
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: Madden NFL 13 Features Playbook Kicks Off April 25th, with Presentation and Gamep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
Didn't mean to imply you meant everything. Still though, they could show what ever they want to focus on in an old build or even Madden 10 if they wanted to and it wouldn't mean that it is indicative of what you would see in June.

Again, not saying that what they show in June will or won't be revolutionary just that it is common practice to show builds that only contain the additions that you want to focus on, because it may not yet play nicely with all of the additions that will be in the final product.
Doesn't make sense to do that if you are showing off new presentation in what you plan to release in late August. Secondly, why would they use Madden 10 to showcase anything when they've had people at CD already who have played and seen 13. It's time to let the new cat out of the bag, not dig up and old dead cat.

If it is an old build that they show, it will be an old build of 13. From my knowledge EA has never gone back intentionally to show us what is going to be in the new game by digging up a last year or the year prior to that. The only reason they would show something old is to show how the new is that much better. Never seen them do that otherwise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2012, 07:52 PM   #162
Hall Of Fame

Re: Madden NFL 13 Features Playbook Kicks Off April 25th, with Presentation and Gamep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I just thought about this again and remembered they used Power Point for NCAA 13's gameplay reveal. Maybe that's to hide something else because they have never done that before, normally they show actual in-game footage, right?

So presumably they will do the same thing Wednesday with Madden 13, using Power Point to hopefully keep other upgrades under wraps.
But did they not show in-game footage for NCAA? I thought they did. They implemented the alignment feature on defense and they showed that. They showed the passing game mechanic. Sure there may be some things that we don't see. When I went to CD for 2010 there were some things that we didn't see like online franchise, players playing through injuries. If there is any inkling of physics engine in the game then the CD guys have already experienced it and I'm sure you might see some indication of that on Wednesday. They did not fly those guys down there for them to play the game without a physics engine so that they could not receive any feedback on it IF that is what they have in the game.

NCAA does not have double team blocking ect, they didn't keep that under wraps. They did not even re-write the pass blocking logic. That's not under wraps. You can tell from the footage that we have seen that this stuff did not get addressed. So why do you guys think they are gonna try to hide that stuff from you with Madden. IF they are going to hide anything it is something they don't want you to see, not because it is an upgrade but because it is something that needs to be "tweaked/fixed."
Old 04-24-2012, 08:02 PM   #163
Banned

OVR: 0
What time are the playbooks going up tomorrow?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-24-2012, 08:02 PM   #164
Hall Of Fame

Secondly, the whole "blur the line between the virtual and the real" has me thinking more of somehow mapping the real NFL into Madden. Haven't really thought it out yet.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:05 PM   #165
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Doesn't make sense to do that if you are showing off new presentation in what you plan to release in late August. Secondly, why would they use Madden 10 to showcase anything when they've had people at CD already who have played and seen 13. It's time to let the new cat out of the bag, not dig up and old dead cat.

If it is an old build that they show, it will be an old build of 13. From my knowledge EA has never gone back intentionally to show us what is going to be in the new game by digging up a last year or the year prior to that. The only reason they would show something old is to show how the new is that much better. Never seen them do that otherwise.
They did it for ncaa this year.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2012, 08:06 PM   #166
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageWonder
What time are the playbooks going up tomorrow?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
1pm eastern

Old 04-24-2012, 08:23 PM   #167
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
They did it for ncaa this year.

So let me ask this. Are you telling me in the grand scheme of things, that the NCAA I saw on the podcast does not reveal most of what the game play will be like?
Old 04-24-2012, 08:45 PM   #168
Rookie

OVR: 0
given that the new announcing duo is Nantz and Simms (was announced on Awful Announcing last week), could this possibly mean some sort of broadcast integration?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »