Home

Madden NFL 13 Features Playbook Kicks Off April 25th, with Presentation and Gameplay

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Features Playbook Kicks Off April 25th, with Presentation and Gameplay within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2012, 09:13 AM   #201
Beat the Heat!

chi_hawks's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Madden NFL 13 Features Playbook Kicks Off April 25th, with Presentation and Gamep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings
Super curious to see some real details.

I sure like that nothing really sounds gimmicky...

Ya know...if you would have hung around EA a little while longer who knows how amazing this game could be right about meow

http://www.operationsports.com/chi_hawks/blog/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2012, 09:14 AM   #202
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 13 Features Playbook Kicks Off April 25th, with Presentation and Gamep

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I hear you DJ, but I think June 4th will be the game play reveal. I read Read n React and it sounds like NCAA from last week.

We'll see.
I thought today would reveal the gameplay? To be honest my top priority is for realistic tackling and non of the robotic quick animation tackling. Like you said, we will see.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:15 AM   #203
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
Is it certain to start at 1 PM EST or 2 PM EST? I don't see any times listed anywhere. NCAA was at 2 PM EST, hoping the same for the Madden playbook.

Hoping there will be additions to the NCAA gameplay, we'll see. Tackling in its current state is awful, hopefully it has been worked on!
I think its at 1. Bad thing is I will be at work and ain't be able to watch. Even worse is I have forgotten a quarter of the stuff they told me while I was down there last time so it will actually be a refreshed on some points.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-25-2012, 09:17 AM   #204
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
I thought today would reveal the gameplay? To be honest my top priority is for realistic tackling and non of the robotic quick animation tackling. Like you said, we will see.
Sorry, should have been more clear.

There will be game play revealed today, it's about the read and react defense, that is why I feel it will be similar to NCAA's last week.

June 4th is Gameplay 2, which appears to be a mystery at this point.

This is the schedule for today.

Presentation (April 25th)

Madden NFL 13 delivers world-class presentation with an entirely new look and feel; plus, new commentators bring the game's broadcast to life.

Gameplay Part 1 (April 25th)

With a revamped passing game and the all-new Read and React Defensive AI system, Madden NFL 13 achieves greater realism on the virtual gridiron on both sides of the ball.

Sounds similar to NCAA game play revealed last week, to me???
Old 04-25-2012, 09:33 AM   #205
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Yeah, I'm really hoping we get more than just a review of the features already announced in NCAA 13.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2012, 09:40 AM   #206
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Yeah, I'm really hoping we get more than just a review of the features already announced in NCAA 13.
We are, presentation, but realistically, we already know about the passing and read and react defense.

Hopefully, they will show more, that's why I'm looking forward to the presentation.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:41 AM   #207
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Sorry, should have been more clear.

There will be game play revealed today, it's about the read and react defense, that is why I feel it will be similar to NCAA's last week.

June 4th is Gameplay 2, which appears to be a mystery at this point.

This is the schedule for today.

Presentation (April 25th)

Madden NFL 13 delivers world-class presentation with an entirely new look and feel; plus, new commentators bring the game's broadcast to life.

Gameplay Part 1 (April 25th)

With a revamped passing game and the all-new Read and React Defensive AI system, Madden NFL 13 achieves greater realism on the virtual gridiron on both sides of the ball.

Sounds similar to NCAA game play revealed last week, to me???
I agree, I think most of the big game play changes will be the same things mentioned for NCAA just with a different name attached to it. Hoping I'm wrong but who knows.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:45 AM   #208
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Doesn't make sense to do that if you are showing off new presentation in what you plan to release in late August. Secondly, why would they use Madden 10 to showcase anything when they've had people at CD already who have played and seen 13. It's time to let the new cat out of the bag, not dig up and old dead cat.

If it is an old build that they show, it will be an old build of 13. From my knowledge EA has never gone back intentionally to show us what is going to be in the new game by digging up a last year or the year prior to that. The only reason they would show something old is to show how the new is that much better. Never seen them do that otherwise.

Totally not the point I was making. I never said they WOULD use Madden 10, only that they COULD.

The point is that if the whole enchilada isn't working, you show a build that has the parts that are working together that you want to focus on for that particular presentation. The stuff that isn't working yet, or is working on its own but not with the stuff that you are focusing on for a particular presentation, you: have it in a separate build, you leave it out, you comment it out, what ever.

That's all I'm saying.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »