Home

Madden NFL 13 Presentation Impressions

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Presentation Impressions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2012, 03:16 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
Hmm, things sound real good from all that I've read. Saw the vid on EA's site and although Phil and Larry looked funny and cartoonish, seeing them in the booth in this game is VERY welcome!!

Now, I thought 12 looked wonderful, tho not perfect, of course, but now that they say that 13 will basically blow 12 away in that dept, WHOA!

I wanna know what this huge gameplay addition/change/whatever will be. Can't wait for the announcement.

Also, glad to see that adding more staff to the making of this game has been paying off. Maybe even the change of those in charge of this game has paid off, as well. Good stuff, here, so far.
Oh, damn, forgot about the web cast. Watching now
Old 04-25-2012, 03:17 PM   #18
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Madden 13 Presentation Impressions

Presentation looked really good (although I can't stand Simms) and am excited on what we haven't seen yet.

With that being said,I HOPE they actually say players names instead of "he" takes the snap or "he" hands the ball off to the "rb",or "he" makes the catch.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 04-25-2012, 03:18 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Presentation looks to be the best Madden has ever had. I like the CBS setup. Not a fan of Simms calling games but I like the touches they made here.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:19 PM   #20
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Jim and Phil are aware of everything going on in the season. This means they are aware of the placement of your team in the playoff race. They will take note of the type of game you are currently playing, whether it’s a must win game, primetime Monday nighter, a Conference round playoff matchup or the Super Bowl. They will talk throughout the game, banter back and forth and have a memory, to touch back on things that were already discussed.

Aside from a halftime show this was one of my most wanted items on my Madden 13 Presentation wishlist, keeps the game fresh
Old 04-25-2012, 03:20 PM   #21
A DB'S SWAG

avwhitechic's Arena

OVR: 2

Quick question...where any new "playable" camera angles added or adjusted ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2012, 03:23 PM   #22
Rookie

mcmax3000's Arena

OVR: 2
Maybe if I played a game that had it incorporated, I'd feel differently but currently, I don't understand why so many people want them to include a halftime show.

It seems to me like something I'd watch maybe once or twice and then skip every game.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:24 PM   #23
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

I really feel that Madden 13 presentations will bring the game to "life". No more of that dull feeling of every game in franchise essentially being a Play Now game. I couldn't help but smile every time they mentioned something like showcasing players like Ray Lewis in the pregame marquee and adding the full player lineup graphic. Also, the idea about montages of mixed elements instead of repetitive intros, runouts, etc, was a great thing to hear for keeping everything fresh.

Glad to see audio is a focal point because I never really thought about how much commentary and crowd noise could diminish immersion until Madden 12.

On a side note, can Rgiles or anyone from CD tell me if the digital in-game commentators change clothes or not? Would be kind of cool to see them in various suits and even bundled up in trench coats with scarfs/gloves in cold weather games, just like real life. I figure that shouldn't be to hard since they are digitized unlike the crew for the Extra Point in Madden 10.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:25 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I agree, a halftime show would be fun about the first time or two and then I'd be skipping it. What would be fantastic though is if they had halftime shows in a dynasty where they showed clips of other important games from around the league. Now that would not be something people would skip and be a very worthwhile addition. But a show where they just show cheerleaders and players walking to the locker room and all that? Cool but not worth the effort IMO.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »