Home

NBA 2K13 - Some Clarity on the Control Stick

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 - Some Clarity on the Control Stick within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2012, 01:06 PM   #1
Gameplay Director, NBA2k

OVR: 30
NBA 2K13 - Some Clarity on the Control Stick

I knew there would be a lot of questions/concerns regarding today's announcements, especially regarding the Control Stick, so I just wanted to give a few more details.

The Shot button is still there and more fully featured than in past versions. So if you choose, you can use the Right Stick for dribble moves and do all your shots with the face buttons. A lot of guys in the office prefer to play this way. In case you missed it, B (CIRCLE) is a Hop Step button again.

There's an option to toggle the default behavior of the Control Stick. So you can make the Right Stick Shot Stick by default, and then hold LT (L2) to activate Isomotion.

You can perform basic dribble moves with the Left Stick as well. Of course, you won't have near the same level of control as you would with the Right Stick, but it's a pretty complete arsenal of moves... including sizeups (tap the Left Stick side to side.)

Bottom line, we're giving you the ability to play the way you want to play 2K13. If you adopt the Control Stick fully, you'll have more control over your player than any basketball has ever given in the past... hands down. But if you want a more casual pick up and play experience, we accommodate that as well. Hope that answers some questions.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC

Last edited by Beluba; 08-12-2012 at 03:55 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2012, 01:11 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Some Clarity on the Control Stick

"There's an option to toggle the default behavior of the Control Stick. So you can make the Right Stick Shot Stick by default, and then hold LT (L2) to activate Isomotion."

i'll be doing this. nice. it'll be just like 2k12 but with L2 and right stick.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:11 PM   #3
MVP

infam0us's Arena

OVR: 10

No fake pass button?
Old 08-10-2012, 01:12 PM   #4
Banned

Steve Nashhole's Arena

OVR: 0

how would it give more control to adopt control stick fully vs using the l2 version? theres more crosses mapped to just singular RS?

good news though for everyone who was scared. wonder how adjusting layups with the X button will work
Old 08-10-2012, 01:14 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

As long as we have the same arsenal of moves as last year I think everyone will love it. The question is about the shots that were triggered by holding down the LT, like the eurostep...will we still be able to pull off those moves?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2012, 01:15 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by infam0us
No fake pass button?
Did that ever even do anything?
Old 08-10-2012, 01:15 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shumpert21
"There's an option to toggle the default behavior of the Control Stick. So you can make the Right Stick Shot Stick by default, and then hold LT (L2) to activate Isomotion."

i'll be doing this. nice. it'll be just like 2k12 but with L2 and right stick.

Thats all i needed to hear YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.. Now just get yall Online Right n focus on everything for Online of course gameplay also.. and take the spin dunk and power dunk animations out then this will be the best 2k game ever....
Old 08-10-2012, 01:16 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
There's an option to toggle the default behavior of the Control Stick. So you can make the Right Stick Shot Stick by default, and then hold LT (L2) to activate Isomotion.
I have a feeling this might feel like a more natural setup for me personally. I love the options you guys are providing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »