Home

NBA 2K13 Hands-On Preview From 2K Sports Team Up (vannwolfhawk)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Hands-On Preview From 2K Sports Team Up (vannwolfhawk) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2012, 12:29 PM   #161
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: NBA 2K13 Hands-On Preview From 2K Sports Team Up (vannwolfhawk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
Yes they did and I specifically asked this question after hearing about the czars tweet.
Apologies men I was going off something I heard last year I swear they told me if you hold A you get faster passes I guess I mis heard but I've been doing it placebo style all year I guess.

TBH I wasn't implying that a tap meant lob however just the faster passes part. Again I would've sworn we had that conversation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2012, 12:31 PM   #162
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dariononeal93
So will crew be in the game thats the only reason ill buy it.
cmon man just have patience and wait until they announce it
Old 08-19-2012, 12:34 PM   #163
Hall Of Fame

aloncho11's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
I'm sure it's the build and probably and most likely has been addressed. They did a great job with implementing better foot planting and less skating! That being said its never going to be 100% perfect.

Let me say this, after we spoke with all the devs they stayed in the room and watched us play. 1 time I had the ball and my team got a offensive 3 seconds call and I was like wtf I had 5 guys on 1 side of the floor. Rob jones immediately noticed this and asked me about it and wanted to make sure that got fixed and why it happened. Same things I would assume with other guys like smoove said in his video about getting stuck while never even moving. The devs are just as anal as we are! Lol! So, there is a good chance this has already been fixed?!
Thanks! Sounds pretty good to me

I'm really liking how this team up is working so far. Thanks again Vann!
Old 08-19-2012, 12:35 PM   #164
Banned

OVR: 0

vannwolfhawk i have 2 questions:

Are bounce passes canned animations or can the defense steal them also and is the alley oop success real high like it was in 2k12 and can defenders block the recievers path like n 2k11?

How do you think the game will handle bigs that are actually quick/fast like the rockets center omer asik? he can actually guard quicker guards on the perimeter better than most bigs. Rockets rookie Donatas Motiejunas will also be the fastest center in the league. He runs the speed of many small fowards at 7ft tall.
Old 08-19-2012, 12:42 PM   #165
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandlerbang
vannwolfhawk i have 2 questions:

Are bounce passes canned animations or can the defense steal them also and is the alley oop success real high like it was in 2k12 and can defenders block the recievers path like n 2k11?

How do you think the game will handle bigs that are actually quick/fast like the rockets center omer asik? he can actually guard quicker guards on the perimeter better than most bigs. Rockets rookie Donatas Motiejunas will also be the fastest center in the league. He runs the speed of many small fowards at 7ft tall.
The bounce passes are 50/50 and were tuned perfectly IMO. The defense can steal them if timed right and if the pass was not timed right as well. The alley oops I was told had already been fixed from our build as yes the success rate was to high for not only my liking but chris and Ronnie felt the same way and told the devs before we did. That being said I did complain about seeing 3 reverse out of bound alley oops that need to be dealt with on 2 seperate areas. 1 being you never see a reverse dunk on a out of bounds alley, and 2 the success rate needs to be lowered.

That all depends on the 2k insiders ratings. They did a great job with speed this year in spreading it out!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2012, 03:23 PM   #166
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Vann, Did you notice if they sped up the triple threat animations like jab steps, etc? They weren't very fast in 2k12...
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 08-19-2012, 03:33 PM   #167
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
Vann, Did you notice if they sped up the triple threat animations like jab steps, etc? They weren't very fast in 2k12...
It seemed the same to me. You bring up a great point though! My pet peave is the lack of explosion on the 1st step out of a jab step and its partially due to there is a split second delay there. I teach my kids to explode on their 1st steps and on all drives and especially 1 dribble pull ups as you need to create that space from a defender. I think this has to do with player animation is standing to erect when he should be down lower and jabbing harder. Good point though ninja! I would like to see this sped up and fixed too, but if they do fix this with offense they need to do the same with defense so it can be countered as well IMO.

Last edited by vannwolfhawk; 08-19-2012 at 03:41 PM.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:32 PM   #168
MVP

OVR: 14

Hey Vannwolf, got another question I'm hoping you can answer.

Having watched several of the gameplay videos out there it seems to me that everyone dribbles the ball quite similarly with the exception of the speed of the handle. When you played the game did you notice dribbling styles looking varied? I saw vids with guys like Battier doing crossovers that you'd expect a point guard to do. I also noticed Sefolosha doing some things that looked inconsistent with how he dribbles. Do we still have dribble packages in the game?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »