Home

OS Roundtable: Madden NFL 13 Demo Impressions

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: Madden NFL 13 Demo Impressions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-19-2012, 12:41 PM   #185
Rookie

OVR: 0
I think that demo was pretty good. It was less frustrating than other Maddens. I have been having fun with it so far. I didn't see a lot of stupid stuff happening in the demo. Madden will be better this year because it will actually be fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2012, 01:08 PM   #186
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: OS Roundtable: Madden NFL 13 Demo Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I'm playing some more before I comment on it. I'm starting to find some things structural wise that I really like. Then I find other things that remind me what I am dealing with I really cannot gauge the running game until I actually play someone. Against the CPU I can get outside and run all game. But I know when you play another person they are gonna have that outside contained. And right now it is hard as hell to run in the middle of the defense. Anyways, I'm going to play some more.

One thing I do not like though is the RT not blocking guys at all at times.
here's a thing that annoys me: why on earth would EA make rbs trip over their own linemen before allowing those linemen to get any push?
Old 08-19-2012, 01:13 PM   #187
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by raguel
here's a thing that annoys me: why on earth would EA make rbs trip over their own linemen before allowing those linemen to get any push?
That's what I don't like about the inside running game. The win/loss block/break block system really makes the inside running game seem out of place in this game. In order to run inside you need your linemen to get some push, which does not happen enough to where you want to deal with running inside.

I take this game as whatever you see that either you cannot do, or is very difficult to do, it is that way for a reason, namely to cover up some hole that they couldn't address. That's why you can't stack linebackers and what not, because if you could the nanos would be ridiculous. The pass blocking IMO is actually worse than it has ever been. They just do not allow stacking linebackers so people cannot do nanos to "hide" that fact.
Old 08-19-2012, 01:31 PM   #188
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I'm playing some more before I comment on it. I'm starting to find some things structural wise that I really like. Then I find other things that remind me what I am dealing with I really cannot gauge the running game until I actually play someone. Against the CPU I can get outside and run all game. But I know when you play another person they are gonna have that outside contained. And right now it is hard as hell to run in the middle of the defense. Anyways, I'm going to play some more.

One thing I do not like though is the RT not blocking guys at all at times.
I know what you are talking about but there is a retail video that seems to show the RT is engaging the edge rusher before getting beat. The issue I am seeing is that again, the edge rusher is not doing any move. On the replay in the demo, they are showing us after the RT has been beat and it looks like the edge rusher is going right by. I am not saying there are not times the edge rusher is going right by, just that there is an engagement and beat, sometimes.

In this video watch from around the 3:50 mark until 4:22, it illustrates what I am referring to.

http://youtu.be/-1U0p97Nqbc
Old 08-19-2012, 02:30 PM   #189
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNYHART
Just curious, Did anyone else have problems with the Receivers dropping passes they probably should have caught?
Did you see T.O play yesterday?

It happens bro, not everyone catches everything, and after yesterdays games, I can't be mad at all about because even Peyton threw a pass for a TD that was dropped I'm the endzone and a slew of others this pre season.

I think people need to really pay close attention to actual NFL games like they do madden games and you will that finally they are "almost" identical in how most of their aspects play out.
Old 08-19-2012, 02:43 PM   #190
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I know what you are talking about but there is a retail video that seems to show the RT is engaging the edge rusher before getting beat. The issue I am seeing is that again, the edge rusher is not doing any move. On the replay in the demo, they are showing us after the RT has been beat and it looks like the edge rusher is going right by. I am not saying there are not times the edge rusher is going right by, just that there is an engagement and beat, sometimes.

In this video watch from around the 3:50 mark until 4:22, it illustrates what I am referring to.

http://youtu.be/-1U0p97Nqbc
I wouldn't take that as a tale tale sign that the LE is gonna get blocked. He gets blocked sometimes in the demo too. But on 3rd and long he seems to never get blocked. I've solved the issue by just doing a manual drop. Shortening the drop forces him to get blocked.
Old 08-19-2012, 02:51 PM   #191
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
Did you see T.O play yesterday?

It happens bro, not everyone catches everything, and after yesterdays games, I can't be mad at all about because even Peyton threw a pass for a TD that was dropped I'm the endzone and a slew of others this pre season.

I think people need to really pay close attention to actual NFL games like they do madden games and you will that finally they are "almost" identical in how most of their aspects play out.
Yeah, I saw it. I mean if I am the only one that thinks the receivers are dropping to many passes in the game, then Its probably just me then. I just realized it seems like even the user catches seem to just bounce off of the hands of the receivers. Maybe I am just running before they actually catch the ball. I don't know. Just lookin to see what others think.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2012, 05:55 PM   #192
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNYHART
Yeah, I saw it. I mean if I am the only one that thinks the receivers are dropping to many passes in the game, then Its probably just me then. I just realized it seems like even the user catches seem to just bounce off of the hands of the receivers. Maybe I am just running before they actually catch the ball. I don't know. Just lookin to see what others think.
Yeah I was having the same problem.....especially on slants. In M12 you could bullet pass a slant pass and turn up field easily but not in M13. I believe it is related to 4 things.

- How fast you turn the receiver with the left stick
- how the pass is thrown(lob v. bullet, etc.)
- The receiver catch ability
- Ball location in catch window (gotta use total control passing in some cases)

I have adjusted my play in the above areas and have found success. Try it

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »