Home

MLB 2K13 Pitcher Perfect Trailer (Screen Captures Included)

This is a discussion on MLB 2K13 Pitcher Perfect Trailer (Screen Captures Included) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2013, 08:34 PM   #57
True Ace

Galvatron's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: MLB 2K13 Pitcher Perfect Trailer (Screen Captures Included)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
To be honest, I thought they were two different development teams. Under the same company, yes... but I had no idea resources were actually being split, or doubled-up if you will. That's pretty unfortunate, then.

I'd still like to go onto my earlier point and say that, comparing stills of the MLB 2K and NBA 2K franchises, I don't see many differences. I don't get how one "looks like a PS2 game" and the other doesn't, when it's essentially using the same technology and art design. Different animations? Yes. Different presentation? Yes. Different sport? Undoubtedly. Maybe better attention to facial detail as well, but I just don't see how one game can be so incredibly shot down for its textures compared to that of its brother which looks about the same.

Again, not referring to gameplay video.
I was under the impression that ALL of 2K's sports titles used the same or similar graphics engine this entire generation, from baseball, basketball, the All-Pro Football game, the hockey series, even that awful boxing game they came out with all used a similar art style. The only ones that seemed to do it's own thing were The Bigs and the Virtua Tennis games.

But yeah I think in the case of MLB vs. NBA, it just seemed that they dedicated more effort to mo-cap and optimizing animations to the NBA series than to MLB. But hell, even that game has its deficiencies when it comes to smooth transitions between animations, most noticeably in it's real time presentation package.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:16 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron
I was under the impression that ALL of 2K's sports titles used the same or similar graphics engine this entire generation, from baseball, basketball, the All-Pro Football game, the hockey series, even that awful boxing game they came out with all used a similar art style. The only ones that seemed to do it's own thing were The Bigs and the Virtua Tennis games.
I just wanted to throw this out there. The Bigs 2 was developed by Blue Castle Games and only published by 2K, so Visual Concepts ( 2K's development team ) didn't develop that one.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:35 PM   #59
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profit89
Any word on PC version yet ?
As big of a fan as I am, if no PC version, then I will catch the console version in a bargain bin.....

This is not looking good for 2ksports, I hope those videos were made in beta stages, no way those graphics are complete...Faces, textures, colors and all are just horrendous!
Old 02-16-2013, 10:32 PM   #60
Rookie

TB12TCUPROCOMBAT's Arena

OVR: 2
2k sports put this out only as a desperation act knowing that it is the only baseball game for xbox and knowing no matter what it looked like people will still buy the game. What i don't get is that 2k doesn't seem to change at all graphics wise every year, I mean even the ps Vita has better graphics for mlb 13 the show than mlb 2k13.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:21 PM   #61
Pro

scottyo60's Arena

OVR: 9
Just picked up 2k7 today for 360 and if 2k13 comes out at $60 ill gladly keep playing 2k7 even though I like the pitching now so much better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2013, 12:43 AM   #62
Banned

OVR: 7

It looks like 2k12 to me. I doubt they had much time to work on it. That said I thought 2k12 was an awesome game and really underrated. Not sure if I'm going to waste money on the new version though. I'm pretty happy with last years and updated rosters.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:20 PM   #63
Banned

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I have a PS3 and chose 2K for 2K10 and 11. Stop assuming 100% of the people would choose the Show and this post is flat out trolling. 2K has hitters eye, a unique analog pitching system and great commentary. It's not all bad.

I realize there is a high probability the game is the same as 2K12 but I am still holding out hope some work was done. Mt Oread, I don't need many changes to give 2k13 a buy but the one thing (big I realize) I want changed is the bat off the ball physics and excessive opposite field homers improved.
Some people are just into masochism.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:36 PM   #64

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by destructocid
Some people are just into masochism.
Another example of how to get banned.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »