Home

MLB 2K13 Initial Reviews Quite Negative

This is a discussion on MLB 2K13 Initial Reviews Quite Negative within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2013, 02:44 PM   #9
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: MLB 2K13 Initial Reviews Quite Negative

While I would have liked the series to take a different path, I not am sure why anyone would be upset or even disappointed in this years version. It is exactly what most people said it would be the day it was announced, a roster update/patch of 2K13. I didn't even see 2K make an attempt to suggest anything to the contrary.

The $60 price tag is way too high for me, but I can't say I was offended. It made it an easy to call to stick with 2K12, and I wish them well with the Million Dollar challenge crew.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:31 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersFan09
Be smart 360 baseball fans. No need to buy 2K13. Just go out and buy 2K12(which cost less than $20) and get the updated roster on 2K Share. The game is fun(not perfect) and it doesn't cost over $60.
No, 2k12 is still $39.99. I was just at best buy yesterday so I know this for a fact.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:41 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 0
NFL & MLB should open it up and let the Best COMPANY win...who ever makes the best game we buy and play....(SIMPLE)
And all the Flaming we did/do to EA for being the only Football game, 2K13 is the only baseball game on the 360,. So why would they do much to improve it........Madden & 2K13 games should show everyone why it's good for gamersl to have more then ONE Sport game to pick from,.& to think i did not buy last years to get this years..
Let me ask if 2K was making the NFL games, what would it be LIKE?????????? JUNK also...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2013, 03:53 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by footballfan41
NFL & MLB should open it up and let the Best COMPANY win...who ever makes the best game we buy and play....(SIMPLE)
And all the Flaming we did/do to EA for being the only Football game, 2K13 is the only baseball game on the 360,. So why would they do much to improve it........Madden & 2K13 games should show everyone why it's good for gamersl to have more then ONE Sport game to pick from,.& to think i did not buy last years to get this years..
Let me ask if 2K was making the NFL games, what would it be LIKE?????????? JUNK also...
Seeing as how 2K lost a tonne of money during that agreement (blame is on both sides), I would hope that MLB learned it's lessen and will go with a non-inclusive license this time around.

I'm also betting on EA and the NFL to renew their deal too.
I think the NFL is still ticked at 2K for undervaluing their brand when they sold 2K4 for $19.99.
It worked though as 2K5 sold extremely well and is still considered one of the best football games ever produced.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:58 PM   #13
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilgamesh348
No, 2k12 is still $39.99. I was just at best buy yesterday so I know this for a fact.
Yup they jacked the price back up because 2k12 still has online leagues.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:09 PM   #14
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyo60
Random thought and I'd like honest opinions from higher ups on here. 2k12 got a 7... Shouldn't a game with the SAME features and better tweaked get a better review? Take the online leagues out and make it a 6.5. I'm not sure how a 4 came out of the same game.

If what the company does is apart of the review then EA should never have a game over 6... Coming from a guy who has put hundreds of hours into NCAA and Madden.
A review is based upon the value a game brings. If a game offers essentially the same experience as the year prior but at a significantly higher price, you can't give that game a solid recommendation. Games on here and elsewhere, are reviewed based upon what they do that's both new and good. Take into account MLB 2K13 doesn't offer online leagues, which is now a staple of our genre, is a 'patched' version of the last edition, and still has the same bugs as the series' prior games -- it's hard to find a reason to give a game a high score just on those factors alone. Just some thoughts, I didn't personally review the game but I do have final say in everything we put out -- but after playing 2K13 I had no problem with our score which indicates a below average experience on our scale (remember we don't grade games based on their letter grades, so a 4 is more akin to a D type of score in most outlets).
Old 03-14-2013, 04:18 PM   #15
Banned

Goodydog's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Seeing as how 2K lost a tonne of money during that agreement (blame is on both sides), I would hope that MLB learned it's lessen and will go with a non-inclusive license this time around.

I'm also betting on EA and the NFL to renew their deal too.
I think the NFL is still ticked at 2K for undervaluing their brand when they sold 2K4 for $19.99.
It worked though as 2K5 sold extremely well and is still considered one of the best football games ever produced.
"I think the NFL is still ticked at 2K for undervaluing their brand when they sold 2K5 for $19.99."

This is a false argument.

People have used this line of garbage to justify the exclusivity deal between EA and the NFL, but it is not true. If anything, 2K5 probably expanded the NFL's appeal (not that it needed it). Madden's exclusive deal with the NFL HAS NOT EXPANDED THE NFL'S APPEAL. In fact, I would argue that the brand has been diminished due to the monopoly that EA has enjoyed, and I doubt that EA is going to put up the scratch to maintain its position.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2013, 04:20 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 3

So OS decided a bad review was not enough. Now we get a story about how they gave it a bad review. Wheeee!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »