Home

First Madden NFL 25 Screenshot, First Details on Run Free Ball Carrier Feature

This is a discussion on First Madden NFL 25 Screenshot, First Details on Run Free Ball Carrier Feature within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2013, 01:36 AM   #137
Banned

tfer717's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: First Madden NFL 25 Screenshot, First Details on Run Free Ball Carrier Feature

I got semi-depressed as soon as I saw the screenshot. They need to completely change running all together. Not just add running back cuts that will probably be cheesy. Looking at the running in the ncaa 14 trailer is making me cringe. looks the same except with super speed shoulder fakes ...

btw. von miller had 1 missed tackle last season. 1. yet he is getting trucked by foster.

Last edited by tfer717; 04-06-2013 at 01:50 AM.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:32 PM   #138

OVR: 34
Re: First Madden NFL 25 Screenshot, First Details on Run Free Ball Carrier Feature

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I agree with what you are saying, but you can't blame people for feeling spring in the air type stuff. Heck, happens to me at the start of every baseball and football season.

Based on history, you are right, but that doesn't mean 25 will turn out the same exact way.
Things can change and hope is eternal.

My gut tells me they need to lay the foundation with 25 for the NG.

I'm not going to bury it yet, based on history. I'll stick around to see videos and demo the game before burying it.

13 was buried quickly for me, hoping lightening doesn't strike again and again and again.

There's the word, hope, again.
I hear you. I hope too. It's all I can do (staring into the distance).

I get frustrated with Madden because football on a videogame has always been the sport I enjoy most, and I feel like this generation had so much promise and fell short in so many ways. From the presentation constantly changing and never being refined, to one feature being added one year and instead of being polished, gets taken out the next year or untouched.

I bought M13 this year and got bored with it in just a few weeks. I skipped M12, thinking that would help, but the game just gets boring. It's not even about EA having the license and blah blah blah. It's about them making momentum with their game because of great gameplay, not a cover vote or promised new feature.
Old 04-06-2013, 02:02 PM   #139
Rookie

dcal's Arena

OVR: 19
Lighting looks great, than again Madden on this generation of consoles has never had a problem looking pretty in the screen shots. It has always been the pretty girl(graphics) with no brains(gameplay).
Old 04-06-2013, 02:05 PM   #140
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I hear you. I hope too. It's all I can do (staring into the distance).

I get frustrated with Madden because football on a videogame has always been the sport I enjoy most, and I feel like this generation had so much promise and fell short in so many ways. From the presentation constantly changing and never being refined, to one feature being added one year and instead of being polished, gets taken out the next year or untouched.

I bought M13 this year and got bored with it in just a few weeks. I skipped M12, thinking that would help, but the game just gets boring. It's not even about EA having the license and blah blah blah. It's about them making momentum with their game because of great gameplay, not a cover vote or promised new feature.
Exactly. Reminds you of grade school when the teacher would talk to kids about not wasting their potential and that's what it feels like EA Tiburon has done with football this console gen. We went from enjoyable and immersive football games from 2004 to just these bizarre artistic interpretations of football this entire gen. Tiburon went from trying to recreate football in a video game for the PS2/Xbox, to trying to exceed football in a video game for PS3/360, while other sports sims just continued to improve on the recreation of their respective sports.

I just hope all that is behind us and a new football gaming day is on the horizon, either by EA Tiburon getting it's act together, the exclusive expiring so other companies can make games or both.
Old 04-06-2013, 02:48 PM   #141
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

The problem is that the ball carrier is just part of why he running game is bad. Eliminating the zig/zag running will at least make the running plays look better but the line play is the problem.

Will the line flow in the direction of the run or will it be another year of grabbing a fast back and racing to the edge?

Will you be able to actually read a block and tell if you should have gone inside or outside of a block instead of having the lineman release the defender when you get close?

Will 1 and 2 man rush defense be effective because 3-4 lineman will do nothing or will it be addressed in some way?

The information about the ball carrier improvements isn't any better than locomotion was for Madden 11. It doesn't mean an improvement to the overall game at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2013, 02:57 PM   #142
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
The problem is that the ball carrier is just part of why he running game is bad. Eliminating the zig/zag running will at least make the running plays look better but the line play is the problem.

Will the line flow in the direction of the run or will it be another year of grabbing a fast back and racing to the edge?

Will you be able to actually read a block and tell if you should have gone inside or outside of a block instead of having the lineman release the defender when you get close?

Will 1 and 2 man rush defense be effective because 3-4 lineman will do nothing or will it be addressed in some way?

The information about the ball carrier improvements isn't any better than locomotion was for Madden 11. It doesn't mean an improvement to the overall game at all.
I don't believe any of that stuff with regard to pass blocking will be addressed in M25. That said, MAYBE, the silver lining is that with the new run blocking, draw plays and general runs will be far more effective against dropping extra defenders into coverage. At least there is potentially more realistic risk reward there than before, so a two man pass rush with 9 defenders dropping into coverage, should be highly susceptible to the run.
Old 04-06-2013, 03:15 PM   #143
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I don't believe any of that stuff with regard to pass blocking will be addressed in M25. That said, MAYBE, the silver lining is that with the new run blocking, draw plays and general runs will be far more effective against dropping extra defenders into coverage. At least there is potentially more realistic risk reward there than before, so a two man pass rush with 9 defenders dropping into coverage, should be highly susceptible to the run.
This is the obvious fix to the defense known as "fag" defense to me. A quick button press that "tells" the offensive lineman to run block for the qb when you see it. Instead right now the lineman stay behind the line of scrimmage doing nothing even after the qb takes off.

Again, it's all about line play fixes. Having the qb do realistic cuts in the open field doesn't change the reason why that defense is so effective against passing plays and qb scrambling. It just makes the game look better.
Old 04-06-2013, 03:38 PM   #144
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
This is the obvious fix to the defense known as "fag" defense to me. A quick button press that "tells" the offensive lineman to run block for the qb when you see it. Instead right now the lineman stay behind the line of scrimmage doing nothing even after the qb takes off.

Again, it's all about line play fixes. Having the qb do realistic cuts in the open field doesn't change the reason why that defense is so effective against passing plays and qb scrambling. It just makes the game look better.
Yeah that would be nice, like pushing up on the right stick resulted in a QB keeper. I wonder, are the quick audibles mapped to the right stick still in the game? I remember in one Madden or another this gen the QB could call a quick audible, changing the direction of the run, make it a quick pass or change a pass into a hand offup the middle. I haven't played M13 since Oct and it's like I forgot so much about it, due to trauma likely, lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »