Home

Madden NFL 25 Trailer - Run Free

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Trailer - Run Free within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2013, 03:49 AM   #105
MVP

OVR: 3
This trailer is just a reminder of how bad it's been this generation. They started with a poor foundation, built sloppily on that foundation, and then merely added to and tweaked an already ugly game.

My question is, how much of this stuff is going to carry over to next generation? If I don't see something new there is no way in *bleep* I'm going to waste my time with next gen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2013, 05:35 AM   #106
Banned

OVR: 0
Why did they release this? EA WTH. They have to be punking us. That trailer was pointless.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:50 AM   #107
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44
I'm disgusted.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:09 AM   #108
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 25 Trailer - Run Free

What I basically took away from this trailer is:

EA haven't tried to improve the game at all...they know a new console generation is coming out soon, so they would've been concentrating on that. There is no way that gameplay has improved from 13 to 14 by the look of this trailer.

Owner mode will be announced, I'm sure of that. Why? Because what is the easiest way to gimmickly improved connected careers without having to really work on it? Add food prices and all that jazz, that although nice doesn't really make connected careers better. Best yet, they probably just implemented the ps2 code they already had.

So by doing this it seems WOW connected careers is revamped, awesome. No, it's all fluff. I won't believe an improved CC unless I see sim stats, better progression (especially for defensive players) etc.

I wonder if assisted tackles will work this year? I highly doubt it.

Looks like this will be the first madden since 99 that I won't buy.

At least I will have MLB 13 to play...a game created by developers who care about their product and actually have the passion to create a game as close to real life as possible.

Hugely dissapointed, NFL is my favourite sport...can't believe I won't have a decent game to play.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:20 AM   #109
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by R9NALD9
What I basically took away from this trailer is:

EA haven't tried to improve the game at all...they know a new console generation is coming out soon, so they would've been concentrating on that. There is no way that gameplay has improved from 13 to 14 by the look of this trailer.

Owner mode will be announced, I'm sure of that. Why? Because what is the easiest way to gimmickly improved connected careers without having to really work on it? Add food prices and all that jazz, that although nice doesn't really make connected careers better. Best yet, they probably just implemented the ps2 code they already had.

So by doing this it seems WOW connected careers is revamped, awesome. No, it's all fluff. I won't believe an improved CC unless I see sim stats, better progression (especially for defensive players) etc.

I wonder if assisted tackles will work this year? I highly doubt it.

Looks like this will be the first madden since 99 that I won't buy.

At least I will have MLB 13 to play...a game created by developers who care about their product and actually have the passion to create a game as close to real life as possible.

Hugely dissapointed, NFL is my favourite sport...can't believe I won't have a decent game to play.
Owner mode is a lot more than just setting food prices. It's about hiring and firing head coaches along with offense and defense coordinators. Relocating your team. Renovating your stadium. Basically it's going a step beyond simply being a coach or player.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:48 AM   #110
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

The thing I don't understand is why EA can't seem to make a player move realistically? They still have that jerky robotic look to their movement. It's funny , when I play Black Ops ll or Battlefield 3 the guy I'm controlling on screen runs and moves in a very realistic looking manner. I just don't get it.

I'm not the kool aid this year.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:22 AM   #111
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
The thing I don't understand is why EA can't seem to make a player move realistically? They still have that jerky robotic look to their movement. It's funny , when I play Black Ops ll or Battlefield 3 the guy I'm controlling on screen runs and moves in a very realistic looking manner. I just don't get it.

I'm not the kool aid this year.
After watching this a few times, I think the animations are sometimes skipping frames or something like that. I really see this with RGIII's spin move out of nowhere and Arian Foster's sudden recovery. Who knows, maybe this is what "Fast" or "Very Fast" looks like. Not pretty, but maybe Normal and Slow will be easier on the eyes.

On the other hand, McCoy had some obviously wasted movements. This can lead to the opposite problem - breaking or evading a tackle and getting stuck in one spot in a slow animation while 10 other guys fly relentlessly to the ball. This issue bothered me a lot in '13, because no one ever jogs or gets taken out out of a play by a blocker.

I also really want to know what kind of tackle Burnett thought he was going to make on AP. You're really gonna dive at his knees in the open field? The spin move was overkill.

Maybe controlling the runner feels better this year. I wish they'd tried to showcase that instead of a few animations we may have seen before. I also would have liked to see runners interacting with blockers more. We've all seen tons of special moves destroying overly aggressive tacklers, but we've never seen a runner squeeze through the A gap or follow a blocker driving his man out of the play or slow down to let a guard clear a path through the secondary. Showing off some attention to detail and football intelligence would have been much better than another Pro-difficulty video showcasing the power of stick skills at hyper speed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2013, 07:27 AM   #112
MVP

OVR: 23
Calvin Johnson leaps over a guy... Then... Defies all the laws of physics, weight and momentum and "somehow" has enough force to bulldoze a guy LMFAO... Until those things drive the game engine and not canned animations, we'll be stuck with the same Ole' Madden.

Madden is NOT anywhere close to a "simulation" of how the NFL game works every Sunday... Its a damn highlight show...

If you're (ea) going to make an arcade game, just do it, don't tell us that you're trying to simulate or replicate "things we see on sunday"...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »