Home

FIFA 14 Next-Gen - Elite Technique, Pro Instincts, Precision Movement & Living Worlds

This is a discussion on FIFA 14 Next-Gen - Elite Technique, Pro Instincts, Precision Movement & Living Worlds within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2013, 10:28 AM   #9
Rookie

cavs25's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
Elite technique is referring to the player technique on the field and the level they appear to play at due to the new animations not the act of adding the animations. They have added a ton of very important animations that they didn't have the space for on current gen that make the player appear much more world class than in the past when they would look clumsy playing a ball with one of their limited animations.
See it works.
Those EA buzzwords.
LIVING WORLDS, PRECISION MOVEMENT!
As opposed to what?
Dead worlds and imprecise movement?
Old 10-23-2013, 10:38 AM   #10
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: FIFA 14 Next-Gen - Elite Technique, Pro Instincts, Precision Movement & Living Wo

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
The PC version spoils me, with all of the modding involved to add to the game. Just don't know if I can play the game with ea sports themed items plastered all over the adboards and stadium signage. Sounds good though, and the current gen is making more sim strides, so we'll see.

Would like to see some new videos with all of this in action, preferably cpu vs cpu, but I am sure that is a pipe dream.
The next gen game does look and play much smoother than the PC version, but to your point, I won't be able to do any of the graphical or database adjustments on the pc version so while it will play and look smoother it will still be plagued by AI issues that I am able to fix on the pc version. The only aspect that I absolutely loved and miss now when I play the pc version was the real time presentation. Removing cut scenes should be mandatory for any video game. It makes a HUGE difference to FIFA.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:40 AM   #11
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

Re: FIFA 14 Next-Gen - Elite Technique, Pro Instincts, Precision Movement & Living Wo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavs25
See it works.
Those EA buzzwords.
LIVING WORLDS, PRECISION MOVEMENT!
As opposed to what?
Dead worlds and imprecise movement?
No what works is adding actual animations that are very important to the flow of the game. I don't care what they call it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2013, 11:39 AM   #12
Rookie

eaw913's Arena

Quote:
Nice to see we (American) PS4 users get the royal shaft on upgrading. That may make my decision to just stick with PC.
Dogslax41, was your comment on us getting the shaft on upgrading options referring to being able to trade in our current-gen title for the next-gen at a cheaper price?

I have noticed the lack of deals related to this in the U.S. and it makes little sense. To solve the issue I just decided to hold off on buying current-gen since I know I will be getting next-gen anyway. Still a problem.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:42 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
I don't care what they call it.
Neither do I, console gaming is dead to me! Now put out a PC version of FIFA next-gen with all them fancy-buzzword features and additions and I might start to take notice.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:50 AM   #14
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaw913
Dogslax41, was your comment on us getting the shaft on upgrading options referring to being able to trade in our current-gen title for the next-gen at a cheaper price?

I have noticed the lack of deals related to this in the U.S. and it makes little sense. To solve the issue I just decided to hold off on buying current-gen since I know I will be getting next-gen anyway. Still a problem.
Yeah speaking specifically about us not getting any deals on FIFA current gen trade in. I bought current gen thinking there was no way they would not extend the same deal Xbox users got, but obviously it looks like EA and Microsoft worked out a deal (I'm guessing some monetary coverage from Microsoft to reduce the goodwill cost) and Sony just wasn't willing to play ball.

And I think it's garbage they didn't give the pc version the next gen upgrades. There is no reason they didn't use the next gen code base for the pc. Either they were just too lazy to optimize it or its just a straight up cash grab.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:57 AM   #15
Rookie

eaw913's Arena

I am wondering if Sony will catch up. It just seems ridiculous that there is no deal when other games are doing it. GameStop is attempting to throw in some deals, but I'm not sure if they are doing it for FIFA also.

I am a console only guy, but it really does not make sense to upgrade PC as well when it is clearly possible. I am wondering if there may be a surprise release sometime after it comes out on next-gen consoles. Perhaps to keep the focus on that. No telling.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2013, 12:13 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
There is no reason they didn't use the next gen code base for the pc. Either they were just too lazy to optimize it or its just a straight up cash grab.
There is a third option: plans to discontinue the PC version as they did with their football, golf and hockey franchises.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »