Home

2K Halftime Announcer Damon Bruce in Hot Water Over Rant on Women

This is a discussion on 2K Halftime Announcer Damon Bruce in Hot Water Over Rant on Women within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2013, 01:05 AM   #113
Banned

xnate128x's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinOida
It's probably because some woman just didn't find time or was devoted to this. And the fear of people's generalization of them. I mean look at this thread, you have people already saying woman aren't meant to play in these leagues.

I'm sure one, at least one woman who is basically going all or nothing will crack one of the sports. It's the mindset and motivation that drives a person to do stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well lets face it, the only decent sport to watch a woman play is volleyball. Lol I don't care how sexist I'm being, it's the truth.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:07 AM   #114
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: 2K Halftime Announcer Damon Bruce in Hot Water Over Rant on Women

Quote:
Hey man, that's why they joined, they know what could happen and they are willing to join even though they could get hurt like the next guy. The media would over do it of course, but like a lot of other stories , they will die off .

There's practice squad to the at least learn the feel.

Exactly if Steve Adams big sis Valerie wants to play DT for the Saints

The let her try. If she succeeds more power to her if she gets broke off she is an adult, no need to white knight her or cry for her.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:08 AM   #115
Banned

xnate128x's Arena

Quote:
How amazing would it be if we got the TNT guys or even better the NBATV guys? And make a combination of NFL 2K5's and NCAA Football 14's presentation.

Agreed. Multiple overlays and different in studio announcers going over the highlights of the first half would be amazing also. The possibilities are pretty immense right now. I say we get some of what we want in about 3 or 4 years at best though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2013, 01:11 AM   #116
MVP

MarvinOida's Arena

OVR: 20
2K Halftime Announcer Damon Bruce in Hot Water Over Rant on Women

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnate128x
Agreed. Multiple overlays and different in studio announcers going over the highlights of the first half would be amazing also. The possibilities are pretty immense right now. I say we get some of what we want in about 3 or 4 years at best though.
Oh. If only 2K allowed us to make our own custom scoreboards and graphics packs like how Minecraft is allowed to have texture packs.

It's only one way to solve the generic brand problem, but it would still be cool.

Old 11-12-2013, 01:23 AM   #117
Banned

xnate128x's Arena

Quote:
Oh. If only 2K allowed us to make our own custom scoreboards and graphics packs like how Minecraft is allowed to have texture packs.

It's only one way to solve the generic brand problem, but it would still be cool.

I never played minecraft myself, but what you said seems very intriguing. It's all about what they concentrate their resources on I guess. Although, I doubt they'll do the whole minecraft thing. The sports game developers aren't really prone to giving us a whole lot of customization options. I still like your idea though.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:37 AM   #118
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnate128x
Well lets face it, the only decent sport to watch a woman play is volleyball. Lol I don't care how sexist I'm being, it's the truth.
tennis, track, volleyball, softball, lacrosse. List can go on..
Old 11-12-2013, 02:20 AM   #119
Banned

I love how people will trade equality for truth.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:55 AM   #120
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taer
This is pure bull s**t. I have a feeling that you have no clue on what you are talking about here.
How so? Like specifically...

Quote:

First let me deal with this:

Seriously, do you want to go here? Most guys, even if they played high school sports really don't know anything about being in a professional sports culture. On the other hand, being the wife, daughter or girlfriend of an elite level athlete can give you insights that most will never understand. If you are male or female, being a part of a sports culture is not based upon your gender - it is based on so much more, including life experiences, intelligence and even education.
What the hell does a family member know about what goes on the field / court / lockerrooms that would be more credible than actually PLAYING the sport? You make no sense. Or maybe you misunderstood. It's not a sexist thing, it's a who's been there, done that thing. I'll take Charles Barkley's opinion over Ernie Johnson simply because he has the first hand experience. There's no woman analyst, as smart as she may be, who has first hand experience of PLAYING in any of the major pro sports.

Quote:
Secondly, let me address this:

You obviously have never been inside a women's "locker-room" environment. The differences have nothing to do with over-sensitivity... being sensitive has nothing to do with gender.
Yes this is true seeing as how I'm not a hermaphrodite who has equal access to bother genders lockerrooms. Pretty sure females are more sensitive. You may want to pretend there are no physical or emotional differences between genders, but reality says otherwise.

Quote:
Men and women have a common culture because we are all part of the same society. Men and women are not a separate caste in the United States and Canada like some Indian cultural system .

Yeaaaah... I'm not talking "culture" like hey I'm in a foreign land what is this strange food I am putting into my mouth. Culture as in sub-culture / sports environment.

Quote:
The issue with Damon Bruce is that he is advocating that access be separated by gender - and that is just plain unacceptable and wrong in today's world.

Now lets go back to gaming and the NBA.
The only issue with Damon Bruce is that he is telling it like it is: that sports don't need a feminine influence of sensitivity, that society is becoming soft, that EVERYTHING is being called "bullying" these days. I'm sorry but you think our grandfathers n great granfathers who were busy winning WW1 and WW2 were crying "he called me a bad word!" No they actually had backbones.

Last edited by Ramboooo; 11-12-2013 at 04:01 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »