Home

NBA 2K14 Roster Update Available Now For Xbox One and PS4

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Roster Update Available Now For Xbox One and PS4 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-07-2013, 12:14 PM   #137
Rookie

OVR: 10
Lol. I see what you all are saying. But, to be fair, when a player is injured - that reduced rating reflects what is supposed to be his updated and current rating. For example, you can still play old school/classic team ball with your friends. Their ratings remain constant. But when you have current/individual players ratings updated, upgraded or downgraded - it's not unfair to assume that players with severely reduced skills (ie: injury) should be updated/downgraded as well.

I like 2ks product and am appropriately critical. But this one aspect - the reduced ratings for injured players part. I agree with. Especially since you still have the option to edit rotations off-line.

Only thing is ..if they are going to approach it that way - they need to make the updates more consistent and/or scheduled.
Old 12-07-2013, 12:28 PM   #138
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: NBA 2K14 Roster Update Available Now For Xbox One and PS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFAULTCAMERA
Lets make this clear default roster you can use Kobe, Rose, and whoever else is injured right? But you were not satisfied you want updated rosters, when you get them now you're not happy because you can't use injured guys what since does that make.

In having CAP you can create your own updated roster without the need of someone else to do it for you. The problem which I already figured is most people are to lazy to do that. But would rather complain about somebody else work which they had no hand in helping creating an updated roster.
Lol, the point is it is silly for 2K to have the injured players totally unplayable for those who want to play offline quick games. All 2K needs to do is just take those injured players out of rotation like other sports game do with there players. Prime example last night my older brother came to my house too play NBA 2K14 for the first time on next gen. When I had to explain to him that he can't play with Kobe or Rose and a few other players his reply was, well that's stupid that you don't have the option to play with him. Oh it got worse once I told him some of the other stuff that was missing from next gen. We should have CAP and the option to play with any player we want if we download a 2K roster and customize it.

It's funny that 2K wants to try to go so detail in having players actually injured and unplayable in the roster updates, but won't update players tendencies or teams playbooks or hotspots and still have missing players in there roster updates. Boy I wonder what would happen in Lebron got injured in real life and was out for the season and people wouldn't be able to even play with the cover athlete of the video game.... The fans would be in a uproar
Old 12-07-2013, 04:01 PM   #139
Banned

OVR: 0

This guy found out a way to use the injured players and 'heal' them for offline quick play. You can actually add an injury to any player too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DE-8yO3fnJ4
Old 12-07-2013, 05:13 PM   #140
Pro

rgp913's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sword1986
This guy found out a way to use the injured players and 'heal' them for offline quick play. You can actually add an injury to any player too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DE-8yO3fnJ4

Hilarious.

I actually just decided to keep the original roster without injuries I had. I'd rather have Kobe, Rose, Davis, Butler, Rondo, etc. than a select 10 or 12 reserves who rarely see playing time. I just found look a likes for two guys I would've liked to have in the roster (Faveroni and Dellaladova) and edited their info to reflect each player, respectively. Sucks the name is wrong, but I just won't have that overlay when I play and besides, my choices look A LOT closer to them than the ones 2K chose.
Old 12-07-2013, 05:35 PM   #141
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgp913
You just don't understand. Try to read and comprehend what we're saying and leave all preconceived notions of "what our problem is" at the door. Your one of those people who will never understand where other people come from because they filter everything someone says to them through their own screwed up perception.

Let's just drop it instead of going and forth because we outline clearly what we're thinking and you filter it as "they must be a lazy generation of unhappy kids who don't know what they want. What they really want is a CAP- not a roster update". Great, you solved the problem.
I'm not trying to put anyone in a category, I just come from the mind frame of if you don't like how something is done then do it yourself. That's where me saying bring back CAP because then everyone could make rosters how they liked them.

No matter what 2K does with the rosters people are going to be upset. Say they do it how you guys want, then next it will be so and so should be rated higher or this guy has wrong colored socks. All things that the user could do themselves, I have a job to but if I want things done a certain way I'm going to make time for it to get things to my liking. If it means working on rosters throughout the week instead of playing the game with my free time so be it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2013, 05:48 PM   #142
Pro

rgp913's Arena

Quote:
I'm not trying to put anyone in a category, I just come from the mind frame of if you don't like how something is done then do it yourself. That's where me saying bring back CAP because then everyone could make rosters how they liked them.

No matter what 2K does with the rosters people are going to be upset. Say they do it how you guys want, then next it will be so and so should be rated higher or this guy has wrong colored socks. All things that the user could do themselves, I have a job to but if I want things done a certain way I'm going to make time for it to get things to my liking. If it means working on rosters throughout the week instead of playing the game with my free time so be it.

I understood what you wrote- the CAP part of your post was the part I agreed with most. If this had CAP- I'd be happy as hell. I edit the rosters more than I actually play. I just enjoy doing it and like stats. I just don't enjoy the injury aspect. Believe me, a base clean roster and a CAP would make me ecstatic. All I play are quick games and occasionally start a season which I never have time to finish.

Players such as myself are upset because they gutted the aspect that appealed to us the most. The customization. That is the opposite of wanting 2K to do the work. I know their work and don't like it (or agree with their ratings). Last thing I want is a 2KInsider roster set...
Old 12-07-2013, 05:58 PM   #143
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgp913
I understood what you wrote- the CAP part of your post was the part I agreed with most. If this had CAP- I'd be happy as hell. I edit the rosters more than I actually play. I just enjoy doing it and like stats. I just don't enjoy the injury aspect. Believe me, a base clean roster and a CAP would make me ecstatic. All I play are quick games and occasionally start a season which I never have time to finish.

Players such as myself are upset because they gutted the aspect that appealed to us the most. The customization. That is the opposite of wanting 2K to do the work. I know their work and don't like it (or agree with their ratings). Last thing I want is a 2KInsider roster set...
That's what I did on PS3 was take there current base roster then used 2K share to download missing players that other guys had created. Then the only thing I had to do was update the rotations how I like them and was good to go. 2K share is the thing I'm missing the most right now and the ability to save to your HDD.
Old 12-07-2013, 06:32 PM   #144
Pro

rgp913's Arena

Quote:
That's what I did on PS3 was take there current base roster then used 2K share to download missing players that other guys had created. Then the only thing I had to do was update the rotations how I like them and was good to go. 2K share is the thing I'm missing the most right now and the ability to save to your HDD.
Hopefully Patch 3 brings some things we all liked back. If not, next year...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »